SAU Community

Bad News Day

gdogzgtr

Well not happy at all. Left mrs car TT supra at mechanics over weekend for service. Get call today from him informing us car got broken into and sub,amp, sunglasses, heaps of CD stolen along with Turbo timer still in box. Pissed off as found out he left car out back of workshop in Fenced in area but crap fence only 3 feet high in some parts. Also car was left unlocked, which his attitude is well I do that so they won't damage your car if the want to break in... like he was helping us. I guess no damage to car was done and amazingly my speakers and head unit worth around 2K together not harmed at all.

My excess is almost 2K but insurance said if he is negligent for it then they will chase him for it.

What do you think? Leaving a supra unlocked over weekend in rear of factory parking lot, with crappy fence and easy access to rear yard through empty block in industrial area negligent. I think so but what do you guys think.

Well not happy at all. Left mrs car TT supra at mechanics over weekend for service. Get call today from him informing us car got broken into and sub,amp, sunglasses, heaps of CD stolen along with Turbo timer still in box. Pissed off as found out he left car out back of workshop in Fenced in area but crap fence only 3 feet high in some parts. Also car was left unlocked, which his attitude is well I do that so they won't damage your car if the want to break in... like he was helping us. I guess no damage to car was done and amazingly my speakers and head unit worth around 2K together not harmed at all.

My excess is almost 2K but insurance said if he is negligent for it then they will chase him for it.

What do you think? Leaving a supra unlocked over weekend in rear of factory parking lot, with crappy fence and easy access to rear yard through empty block in industrial area negligent. I think so but what do you guys think.

Its his liability, not yours. His insurance will cover goods. If he's not insured, its coming out of his pocket. Easy.

this mechanic must be a wanker, thats y i hate leaving my car in the possesion of others cause they dont give a rats ass

car should have been locked though atleast on the bright side nothing was damaged, its also probably best u make sure the mechanic can lock up your car in the shop

Edited by TracidTrax

sorry to hear about it mate...

i cant believe his attitude...pm me his workshop details so i can warn my mates abiout this dickhead..

i always check with the workshop owner where he will store the car overnight...and always make sure its inside the workshop locked up...

thats f**kd mate sorry 2 hear it. tell him he has to pay for it, of you will empty his workshop. id be glad to help .lol.... what a loser of a mech, sure youd have that attitude

Definitely not inside job as about 5 factories along same street got done over. One tyre place lost around 50K of mags and tyres. Mechanic's Fences did not even sepatate factories from each onther on one side.

that sux, sorry to hear it mate.

its interesting that he leaves it unlocked so that if someone wants to break in they don't damage the car.

its almost like he's expecting it to happen, makes me wonder how many times this has happen before.

sounds negligent to me

He stated his insurance not covering it or no ins either way if negligent my insurance will chase him up. It would have to be similiar to collision where other party at fault.

File a Police report for the insurance Graeme :D

Seriously it's the worst when someone violates your personal space, helping themselves to your goods, but for this flog to aid them in such a way deserves exposure. I hope your insurer rapes his ass good.

Have filed police report. Have spoken to my insurance who stated will chase him up if deemed negligent. Have taken photo's of fencing to show how poor it was and how easy access to rear fence. Have also told insurance that car was left unlocked and reason why unlocked. I can't imagine him not found negligent for all of those reasons but since stolen property under my excess don't know how much they would care. Could guarantee if car had bee stolen and ins forking out 30K they definitely would find him negligent and take him to court. Will let everyone know how it turns out.

Did you sign anything prior to leaving it there like a disclaimer? If not, I cannot see how he has a leg to stand on. Sorry to hear too, had my car broken into once and it sucks.

its their liability, its in their insurance policy

the place where i take my cars have almost the same setup, but bigger fences. a few cars have been broken into over time, and the place gets their insurance to pay for it.

was gonna say, it'd be so easy for a mechanic to help himself to anything in your car, then tell you it was broken into, especially if he's not going to reimburse you for any of it...

but you stated above that it wasn't an inside job...

dont workshops usually have some BS sign posted that says they aren't responsible for damage or loss to your car whilst at the workshop or something like that?

If a simple sign like that can get them off shit like this, its a farking joke!