SAU Community

Wednesday Night At Wsid

Sydneykid

Maybe an ongoing thread for what happened to you and how you went last Wedneday night at WSID.

Let's kick it off with our R33GTST.

Usual mods, early stages, 10 psi, standard turbo, R32GTR FMIC, Magic Cat, 3.25" Kakimoto cat back, PFC with BKC, road tune only (no idea how many RWKW) using Tech Edge A/F ratio meter, Group Buy suspension kit, minimum rear camber. New MT radial street tyres fitted (another Group Buy in action). Set at 15 psi on advice from BU5TER (thank you).

Run 1 SOSK did a small wheelspin warm up, "burn out" would be a gross overstatement.

Gentle on the clutch, we have no idea what is in there. Gearbox has zero synchro on 4th and 5th, so granny shift required from 3rd to 4th

Result

60' = 2.461

ET = 14.434

TS = 99.00 mph

Checked the A/F ratios from the first run, everything looks OK

Run 2 SOSK did a slightly larger wheelspin warm up, "burn out" would still be a gross overstatement.

Little harder on the clutch, Still insufficient rpm used on launch, slight bog. Clutch failure on the 3rd to 4th gearchange, roll over the line in neutral.

Result

60' = 2.099

ET = 13.780

TS = 96.53 mph

No more runs and I got to drive it home clutchless, good training for when I get a dog box in the R32GTST. New clutch on the way and we get to fix the gearbox synchros at the same time.

Lessons learnt try for a real burn out next time and never trust an unknown clutch.

:( cheers :(

good work gary. good to see you are getting matt stuck in. now just coach him to give it some hammering for a nice burnout and a more agressive launch.

good work gary. good to see you are getting matt stuck in. now just coach him to give it some hammering for a nice burnout and a more agressive launch.

We were very concerned about the unknown clutch. So he was more gentle than he will be next time with one that we know and trust.

:( cheers :(

First pass - no gas - 21psi - 1.79 60' - 11.79 @ 121mph

Second Pass - no gas 21psi - 1.92 60' - 11.99 @ 121mph

Third Pass - 75hp gas/18psi/-4 deg - 1.82 60' - 11.66 @ 123mph

Fourth Pass - 75hp gas/21psi/-4 deg - 1.80 60' - clutch slipped in 2nd and start of third - aborted 12.77.

Adrian

I managed only 14.01 @ 100.58 Rev probably only at 2.5k rpm and anymore than that would be wheels spins.

Can someone with similar mods teach me how to launch!!

R33 gtst 3" zorst, FMIC, bleed valve @ 11 psi, stock turbo, SAFC, bigger fuel pump, 18 inch rim with 265 rear tyres at about 35 psi.

I've seen alot ppl with similar mods did mid 13 quite consistantly but i still cant crack 13 :P

Get some 16's or light weight 17's and put some good rubber on them. Those 18's would be slowing your times down alot i would imagine.

I managed only 14.01 @ 100.58 Rev probably only at 2.5k rpm and anymore than that would be wheels spins.

R33 gtst 3" zorst, FMIC, bleed valve @ 11 psi, stock turbo, SAFC, bigger fuel pump, 18 inch rim with 265 rear tyres at about 35 psi.

I've seen alot ppl with similar mods did mid 13 quite consistantly but i still cant crack 13 >_<

I've seen alot ppl with similar mods did mid 13 quite consistantly but i still cant crack 13

i had same wheels i ran 13.5

i got some 16s droped the tyre press to 18psi then i ran a 12.9

Hey SK might want to invest in a line-lock kit, on that 1st burnout the rear wheels were locking up while he was trying to prevent the car moving. Or rev a fair bit higher before dumping it.

I've seen alot ppl with similar mods did mid 13 quite consistantly but i still cant crack 13 :(

Drop your tyre pressure using street tyres I dropped the tyre pressure from 25psi down to 16psi and picked up 3 tenths going from 13.6 to 13.3

SK, 2nd gear burnouts next time mate. Start in 2nd.

I prefer 2nd gear burnouts as well, but everytime i do one, i miss 3rd gear. I do not know why. Go back to doing first gear burnouts (less smoke) and i never miss 3rd, Weird

Why do you bother trying to change gears into 3rd? 2nd will give you more than sufficient wheel speed to heat they tyres quickly without the extra load. If you want to do burnouts in 3rd, just start there.

Adrian

i think he meant shifting to 3rd down the quarter after having done a second gear burnout. implying a cosimic link between 2nd gear burnouts, and missing 3rd gear on track.

i think he meant shifting to 3rd down the quarter after having done a second gear burnout. implying a cosimic link between 2nd gear burnouts, and missing 3rd gear on track.

Yeah correct.