SAU Community

94 Integra Vtir Or Skyline Gtst?

haha, beat ya to it steve.

the real question is, are you a hairdresser?

if yes get the vtir.

if no consider a gtst or maybe a type r if you must have a honda

Hairdresser's car ;) arent they Mivecs haha but the VTEC cant you feel it YO? I own a vtir and they are a very reliable car just not enough power thats all thats where my gtt comes in :) .

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st car? As in you just got your Ps? Also if your in NSW you cant have the skyline anyway. Not a turbo one at least.

Also going by your 'cars' you have it says you have a gtst already, so whats going on???

If you have just got your Ps get a shitbox you can afford with no loan or anything. Thrash it till it dies, in 3 years buy your good car. Just make sure you have full compo the whole time, it will save you money when you are older.

haha, beat ya to it steve.

the real question is, are you a hairdresser?

if yes get the vtir.

if no consider a gtst or maybe a type r if you must have a honda

;) ahaha love that call

Buy an Integra or any Honda for that matter and Stan will hate you for life....

My contempt for the Integra began when one thought it'd be cool to cut me off and almost kill himself and his girlfriend in the meanwhile~

V-TEC - THE most overated engine EVER!

But then again, you don't know me so don't let me sway your opinion! ;)

hey guys....im looking at getting my first car and dont know whether to get a skyline gtst r33 or a honda integra vtir! can someone give me a non bias opinion and which is better on petrol? thanks guys
im 18 and own a r33 gtst and love it!! however im 8000 dollars in debt and obviously with the ever so quickley increasing petrol prices im considereing getting a integra vtir! is that a good move? it still has power but is lighter on petrol!
eyy guys i was just woundering how heavy skylines are on petrol??? are they heavy compared to most other cars? does anyone use their skyline as a daily driven car or is it to heavy on petrol?

:rofl: Am I missing something? :)

sorry to go off topic here but how do these VTiR integras and civics compare to an NA R33 GTS4???

just curious.

thread starter, sorry mate but as long as we're on the subject of hondas i thought i might aswell ask this

cheers

i take it you guys aren't really fans of Hondas/VTECs??

LMFAO

It's a good engine technology but it's WAY overhyped by Honda fanboys. VTEC is just variable valve timing but you don't see Toyota and Mitsubishi fanboys harping on about VVT-i and MIVEC.

Erm no contest really. The only thing the VTIR would beat the GTS-T in would be fuel economy. :)

I've been in a VTIR and no, it does not go anywhere near as hard as a GTS-T

Nobody talks about them because they aren't really considered a performance car.

I would question that as they are completely different cars. NA - front wheel drive, compared to turbo - rear wheel drive. check the weight difference. my last question, have you driven one of these? they are stupidly quick round corners. being in one with a driver that knows what they are doing is borderline scary. the are very quick. i personally have driven an integra, prelude, 32 gtst and currently own a 32 GTR. although i would not swap for, nor sell my gtr for one. but they are very fast.

A GTS-t has a turbo. It takes relatively little effort to dial in more power, compared to a Honda NA engine. Do non GT-R Skylines have "street credential"?

And the reason why no-one talks about them here could possibly be because this isn't a Honda forum. We don't talk about 1920's Packards, De Loreans nor Ascari KZ1's here either.

If there is a vs thread, everyone would tend to go for the top-spec Type-R instead of the silver medalist.

Why cant we talk about de loreans? they are the coolest. :)

VTEC is just variable valve timing but you don't see Toyota and Mitsubishi fanboys harping on about VVT-i and MIVEC.

Technically its not variable valve timing. Its far superior to that. A more accurate description would be dual-stage cam profiling.

And VTEC is all that Honda's powertrain boys have to go on. VVT-i and MIVEC owners know they still get pwned by their forced induction brethren (unless you're driving an Evo IX where you get the best of both worlds).

nobody's answering this question :):):ban:

The Vtir's are a very quick car. As it has been said before, they aren't the best car for drag racing. send them into some twisties or onto a track and they will really shine. being a fwd, point the steering wheel to where you want it to go and it'll go there. where as the 33 skyline is a considerably heavier car and rwd so obviously a lot more toe happy. but the 33 has a lot more power and straight line speed. a integra would most of the time come out of a corner first as having a better weight balance and no lag due to the torquey nature of the vtec engine. a type r would obviously be true to this, but the vtir hasn't got the same kind of power.

Hope that gives you some idea.

The Vtir's are a very quick car. As it has been said before, they aren't the best car for drag racing. send them into some twisties or onto a track and they will really shine. being a fwd, point the steering wheel to where you want it to go and it'll go there. where as the 33 skyline is a considerably heavier car and rwd so obviously a lot more toe happy. but the 33 has a lot more power and straight line speed. a integra would most of the time come out of a corner first as having a better weight balance and no lag due to the torquey nature of the vtec engine. a type r would obviously be true to this, but the vtir hasn't got the same kind of power.

Hope that gives you some idea.

thanks for that mate it does kinda help.

the thing is, my cousin in law has 2 cars that he's selling, a 94 R33 GTS4 auto NA and a 2000 model honda civic VTiR 2 door coupe. now i'm not allowed to get a turbo yet. now if i get the civic i'm afraid of people calling it "ricer" and shit :) coz it is kitted, etc. but i also would'nt mind keeping the NA R33 till i'm off my Ps so basically this is why i'm full of questions lol

thanks

being a fwd, point the steering wheel to where you want it to go and it'll go there.

Right, because FWD cars don't understeer when you overthrottle. Or maybe you did want to go head first into the scenery?

a integra would most of the time come out of a corner first as having a better weight balance

Front engined front wheel drive cars have a better weight balance than front engined rear wheel drive cars?

no lag due to the torquey nature of the vtec engine

Older VTEC motors having lots of torque? Bwhahahahah.

And an FI motor will always make more torque than a NA motor of the same displacement, as long as its on boost. The presence of turbo lag is not directly related to an engine's "torquey nature".

"Some idea" would be nice, yes.

a 94 R33 GTS4 auto NA and a 2000 model honda civic VTiR 2 door coupe.

What kind of driving were you planning on doing? Cruising around, or going to drive quickly in the corners?

If its the former I'd take the Skyline. Its a more spacious and comfortable car, and the 4WD means that you're even safer in the wet (not that the RB25DE makes so much power that it would be a handful in the rain anyway).

If its the latter I'd take the Civic coupe. Its lugging around a fair amount less weight, and the VTEC engine is a pearler if you want something just loves the upper rev range. The 118kW it makes won't overwhelm the front tyres so you don't have to be afraid of giving it a lot of boot, and if you do understeer is a lot easier for the novice driver to recover from than oversteer.