SAU Community

Na Or Turbo Skyline For Me?

hey guys,

i can't make up my mind about this and desperately need your help/advice/suggestion/etc.

i don't know whether the NA or turbo would be more suitable for me.

i'm still on my Ps and i'm restricted to drive auto only so that's one thing i've sorted out lol.

the car will be driven daily to uni, work, out, etc... i wont be doing any track work or anything but i'd still like to have a car with a bit of go for when you feel like it.

what would YOU do if you were in my shoes?

cheers

Edited by NUKEYA

i'm in Vic. the thing is i love the style of R33s, not in stock form though lol. they just look so tuff when kitted, etc and i wouldn't mind driving an NA R33 to be honest, its still got the looks.

but yeah its like i'd prefer turbo ofcourse but wouldn't mind an NA.

a mate is selling his very neat 94 GTS4 auto for just over 8 grand and i'm tempted to buy it. its got bodykit and is lowered.

fark i don't know what to do :D

oh and yeah money is ok but it would probably take me some time to mod coz it takes me a while to save a decent amount of money lol

Edited by NUKEYA

Sounds like you want something quick if so then just go for the gtst. Just take your time and search around for a good gtst, cause theres plenty of examples around for sale if you do some research. If you are driving the car around a far bit then you have to ask yourself if you can afford the petrol. If not then just go for the gts, good luck with ur choices mate.

You realise that it is illegal for you to drive an r33 gtst on your p's in Vic...

Then again if you want one just get it, there is not much point getting an NA r33, you will soon get bored of it.

your in uni, one 2 stage question, how rich and generous are your parrents, sugar daddy / momma, rich girlfirend / boyfriend ?

cuase when i went to uni i was povo, worked a job and still had f**k all afterwoods,

your financials are your own, but take into account, insurance, the miriad of fees for xfer of rego etc and bringing the car to a standard your happy with.

shit loads of hidden fee's all that comes down to decent $$$ out of whatever you get every week

hmm guess it depends on what you need to get by and enjoy life,

trust me, eating 2 minute noodles gets old after a while when you spend all your $$$ on your bitches, aka car, misses, the loves of you life aye

hmm hela social life on $5

id go for the r33 gts4... NA Auto skylines are as cheap as chips and the fact youve found one thats cheap and already has the mods done to it is a bonus. also you wont get fined for driving an overpowered car on you Ps...

hey guys,

i can't make up my mind about this and desperately need your help/advice/suggestion/etc.

i don't know whether the NA or turbo would be more suitable for me.

i'm still on my Ps and i'm restricted to drive auto only so that's one thing i've sorted out lol.

the car will be driven daily to uni, work, out, etc... i wont be doing any track work or anything but i'd still like to have a car with a bit of go for when you feel like it.

what would YOU do if you were in my shoes?

cheers

Mate, i'm currently a full time student in 4th year uni. I'm on my green P's in NSW with one point left. I drive an R34 gt-t everyday for uni and a part time job. It has some minor mods and still goes VERY hard - my last car was a U12 Pintara :)

I got a loan from the Commo Bank ($20000) plus my own savings. Loan repayments cost me $88 per week but i try to put in as much as i can - only got $9500 to go. Managing your finances will depend on how mature you are. I don't personally know you but if you have a steady job i'd say get the turbo - you WILL regret the NA.

Comprehensive insurance cost me $2300 from JustCar - might go up this year coz of fines :D .

Speeding fines will come and go - i have delayed a fine since October 05 and still going good.

Auto skylines are fine and still very quick.

your in uni, one 2 stage question, how rich and generous are your parrents, sugar daddy / momma, rich girlfirend / boyfriend ?

cuase when i went to uni i was povo, worked a job and still had f**k all afterwoods,

your financials are your own, but take into account, insurance, the miriad of fees for xfer of rego etc and bringing the car to a standard your happy with.

trust me, eating 2 minute noodles gets old after a while when you spend all your $$$ on your bitches, aka car, misses, the loves of you life aye

hmm hela social life on $5

Insurance and rego fees come once a year - no biggie. I could have moved out or stay at home and get my R34 (No Contest really). I still pay parents some board and help out when i can.

I pay for the car myself, some weeks are tough but i have NEVER regretted getting the loan. Everyday i drive to uni or work i always have a huge smile once i give it some poke.

If your spending $$$ on your girl i hope your getting some wheneva u like. When u meet a new girl make it clear that she has to pay her part from the start, otherwise dump her. Don't be a tight-arse, just not some wussy chump - did i mention it is Fcukn' easy to pick up with the line, sure usually not girlfriend material, but hey who wants just one.

Hope my advice helps.

LOL thanks for that craig :D

i'm single mate, have been for almost a year and fkn lovin it.

i don't know how to explain it, i want a turbo so bad and at the same time i'm always saying to myself, "what a fkn waste", as in petrol, mods, cops, etc.

the thing is, i don't really know what i want lol. i've got the options and yet i just can't make up my mind :)

LOL thanks for that craig :D

i'm single mate, have been for almost a year and fkn lovin it.

i don't know how to explain it, i want a turbo so bad and at the same time i'm always saying to myself, "what a fkn waste", as in petrol, mods, cops, etc.

the thing is, i don't really know what i want lol. i've got the options and yet i just can't make up my mind :)

If you want a turbo and buy NA based on fuel costs, YOU WILL REGRET IT!!! And cops that give skylines a hard time will do so regardless of whether or not they have forced induction!

My first car was a R33 GTS, i got it when I was 16. I had it for....6 weeks and sold it, bought a 32 GTST lol

Get the turbo, trust me.

Although it looks good and goes ok, you will regret it everytime u hear a turbo car coming in the opposite direction.

I have never owned or driven a non-turbo import... I don't think I would want to either after owning 2 turbos (Silvia, Skyline). I wouldn't have it any otherway!

yeah it also depends on what your definition of "goes alright" is. i mean, i hear HEAPS of peple say there XF Falcoon or VK commy "go alright". if your happy racing 6cyl VT's and AU's and normally beatn them by maybe a carlength or 2 then you should be happy with the performance ov NA. although you want an auto and i realy dont think that na auto would impress u. i raced another ina nuthr 32GTS exept he was auto and i was manuel. he gota BIG woopn. specially through the hilsl!

Sounds like it's turbp and auto for you man. Turbo's dont cost that much more to run than NA. trust me, iv got both.

btw. you said you hade u12 pinny? U a member of ANTRX? my last car wasa u12 TRX, my GTS could easily beat that ina drag however the U12 has more bottom end torque (ka24e truck motor)lol. Just to give you a comparison.

good luck