SAU Community

How Much Traction?

bluesky4me

Hi all...nice rainy day here in Melb so I did something I had been meaning to do for a while..found a nice big open parking lot with no obsticles and tried to get the Stagea to to loose some traction...couldnt do it...yet a week ago I went around a bend at moderate speed in the wet and I am sure I felt the rear end slip a bit. Would like some feed back on this.

My S2 has got a 4WD switch I guess it engages constant 4WD???when would you use it???has any one gone off road???...

My HICAS Fuse has been removed (was guna put one in but found that one half of the fuse holder was gone).Any other S2 owners with the same thing?

cheers

Scott.

I loose traction in the wet launching with either 50/50 on or off.

I get sideways around uturns/turns because i give it some stick to do that, but i find i cant hold it too long as the auto hits the rev limiter

Yeah I can break traction with a big launch from a standing start in the dry, so it's fairly easy for me to do so in the wet.

Oh and 4wd doughnuts are really, really wierd..... But again that is what a skidpan is for.

all it takes is to go around a corner and give it some stick...hey presto loss of traction... i still havnt launched it or dumped the clutch yet, might save that for my first visit to Eastern Creek Dragway.

My HICAS Fuse has been removed (was guna put one in but found that one half of the fuse holder was gone).Any other S2 owners with the same thing?

cheers

Scott.

Thats because you prob dont have HICAS, usually only found on the manuals.

Getting the back end out slightly isn't to hard, all it takes is a little stab at the throttle in second gear (manual - I suppose in an auto you could leave the stick in 2 and it might produce the same effect).

It's nice and progressive, and if you keep your foot into it you can kinda feel the power transferring to the front and it pulls you through the corner.