• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like it

Specs of this car will make or break it imo

At that price point it is the specs that will make it or break it, very true. The R32 was a ground breaking car and the new one needs to be too in this very competitive world of performance cars. It needs to be incredibly good to continue the GTR legacy.

The shape is growing on me......

The air opening behind the front wheels need a little attention...looks odd .

Maybe needs like shark fins rather than completely open

Yep me to- but Ill reserve my judgement till I see one in the flesh

At that price point it is the specs that will make it or break it, very true. The R32 was a ground breaking car and the new one needs to be too in this very competitive world of performance cars. It needs to be incredibly good to continue the GTR legacy.

Yes it does cause when the original GTR came out it was up against fairly average competion-Porsche 928 and the like - but in 2007 that will be a differnet story- in this day of 1001 HP Bugatti's its a differnt world to back in 1989

Yes it does cause when the original GTR came out it was up against fairly average competion-Porsche 928 and the like - but in 2007 that will be a differnet story- in this day of 1001 HP Bugatti's its a differnt world to back in 1989

What was the fastest and most powerful car in 1989? F40, Countach, Ruf Porsches and the 959 come to mind - for Supercars.

The GTR was absolutely awesome for its time and the money at $110k in Australia. What do people think the equivilent is these days, $180k? It has to be as good as a 911 turbo in all ways, the R32 was a very usuable car for its power and performance. But by 1993 the R32 had the S6 RX7 to contend with, which was within 10ths around the track (granted the GTR had bad tyres then), but the RX7 wasn't as easy to live with as the GTR. Although it was a beautiful looking thing (the RX7).

When HSV GTSs have magnetic ride and are ready for the 427ci LS7 which runs 11.9s in the C6 Vette, the next GTR better be good! :)

The GTR was absolutely awesome for its time and the money at $110k in Australia. What do people think the equivilent is these days, $180k?

Based on this inflation calculator: http://www.rba.gov.au/calculator/calc.go

110K 1989 dollars = 170K 2005 (latest it goes) dollars.

So $180K is damned good guess for a 2007 figure.

However, given this GTR is significantly more powerful, on a stand-alone platform (i.e. it's NOT a Skyline), and things like metals, plastics, etc. would have increased in cost at a faster in recent times, I'm thinking it'll exceed $200K, maybe even nudge $250K when released here.

And yet that article suggest a USD 70K pricetag, which puts it at a sub AUD 100K after conversion, but given we're a smaller market, yadda yadda, maybe $120K-$150K would be realistic here if that article is to be believed.

Who knows? I certainly don't. :(

Edited by Oosh

• 7 months later...

I doubt i have ever seen a car look so angry. The euros and their smooth lines have created some true art over the years but nothing says "RACE ME IF YOU DARE" like the new gtr. What is now an Australasian legend will soon become a world wide phenomina. Huge thumbs up from me. :)

Nice, but not wicked and tough enough to wear the GT-R badge.

Not worthy enough yet.

IMO, the V-Spec R33 Nismo-tuned GT-R will always be the meaniest, powerful-looking street machine in Nissan history followed by the Z-tuned R34 GT-R.

Nice, but not wicked and tough enough to wear the GT-R badge.

Not worthy enough yet.

IMO, the V-Spec R33 Nismo-tuned GT-R will always be the meaniest, powerful-looking street machine in Nissan history followed by the Z-tuned R34 GT-R.

Sorry to hijack, but aside from the 400R... what Nismo R33s are there? I have searched and couldn't find...

Keen as, since I am purchasing so many Nismo bits for my car, would love to make it as Nismo as possible... with a benchmark even :P

This months EVO mag (UK so will probably only be here in another month or so) has shots of the GTR testing against a 997 turbo porsche and thier website shows some open bonnet shots confirming that the engine is a V6 twin turbo unit :P

here is an article from yesterdays Sunday Times (west aussie sunday paper)

i hate how they have even nicknamed this one godzilla < that title belong only to the mighty 32

post-23730-1180915712_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...