SAU Community

Compak Attak This Sunday 21st May

NXTIME

Heads-up in street classes = ghey. Supposed to be affordable, fun racing. DYO is the reason why the fast cars get bugger-all points and the good racers get all the chicks and the cash! :P

Adrian

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well dang, I wonder what rules the next season will have?

There's two answers to that the way I see it, Chris.

1/ ANDRA S.Compact Rules will stay largely unchanged.

2/ Ray will do his own thing and will have no part of S.Compact at all. This is where you'll see the heads-up racing you crave so badly! ;)

Adrian

2/ Ray will do his own thing and will have no part of S.Compact at all. This is where you'll see the heads-up racing you crave so badly! ;)

Hah I hope so! I might even put together a car over winter just for that class!

Its the only way to race heads up, is indexing on the cards for next year? If so you faster guys can have it, if these are the lengths we have to go to get two cars to stage within the allocated time then ill be f**ked. sugest you run prostock next year. I think there is alot of strategy that can be applied to DYO, and makes for exciting racing. having to chase and drive around a car gets me pumped.

Its the best way to race a close bracket...index it to 9.99 and ill be keen
Edited by BezerkR32

From the mailbox of WSID.com.au:

=======================================

Sport Compact Drag Racing Continues To Emerge - Results Wrap

Wednesday, 24 May 2006 - Posted by Dean Neal

(Sydney, NSW) Western Sydney International Dragway has enjoyed a stirring second half of the season, with a number of great events producing stirring racing performances in front of stout crowds. That trend continued last Sunday without question, with an excellent Toyo Tyres Compak Attak event staged at the world class Eastern Creek located facility.

With cool autumn air and a very sticky racing surface provided ample traction for all competitors, there were a lot of wheels-up moments and personal best elapsed time performances being produced on the day from more than the 150 competitors on hand.

Highlights of the day came thick and fast!

Queenslands's Scott Karandrews finally cranked an 8-second pass in his Rotor-powered EL Falcon, only to literally blow the left side door off - causing a wild moment as it crossed the finish-line completely sideways and with all-four wheels off the ground!

In Pro Rear Wheel Drive - a stunning field of entries went at it, including the unmistakable Castrol Edge MX6 machine belonging to George Reyahem and the PAC Performance clan.

Rehayem cranked a new national record in the process of an incredible 7.035 at 198.44 miles per hour.

The PAC team seem ed destined to crack a magical 200mph pass for the first time, until in eliminations when the car got seriously sideways and narrowly averted major disaster, causing only minor damage in the end.

Head-turning passes were also produced by the incredible Turbo small-block Torana belonging to 'Mr Mad' Ivan Tesic.

After scorching down the Quarter Mile in a neck-snapping 6.81 seconds at 210mph (and carrying the front wheels on occasions to beyond 1000-feet into the run) - Mr Mad decided to withdraw out of ET racing and put on a grudge-racing spectacle for the fans that had the WSID crowd cheering for more.

"The track was awesome out there and we have decided to try a 6.5 second tune up and see if we can get it to stick," remarked Tesic during the day.

.and for a bit of tyre shake on the launch on his final pass of the day, Mr Mad could have well nabbed a '50!

The Rotor Master 2JZ Toyota Camry of Joe Signorelli didn't disappoint either, with a s equence of passes in the 7.0's in excess of 295mph.

"We hoped to get into the sixes today but it didn't quite happen for a number of reasons. Hats off to the staff at Western Sydney Today, the track was great - particularly to 300 feet it was awesome," exclaimed Signorelli.

Who said VW Beetles can't have bad-ass attitude? Mike Kristen produced the monster wheelstand of the day in his amazing 'bug', ran sub 10-seconds and made it to the final of ET Eliminator to boot in an impressive day for the Penrith racer.

Theo Woollett enjoyed a sweet-and-sour day in his Nissan Skyline machine racing in Sport Rear Wheel Drive, with an amazing record-setting 9.077 blast in qualifying, only to strike bad luck in eliminations.

With the best racing yet seen at a Sport Compact event last Sunday, the future of this mode of Drag Racing looks exciting for the future at Western Sydney International Dragway!

===============================

Adrian

come on guys, it will only be viable to run heads up classes where you have a good number of cars running similar numbers, like in ozmod. there are two handfuls of low 9 sec cars.

they arent going to come out next year and say hey S/RWD and S/AWD you guys have a 4 sec spread, we are going heads up. other wise you will end up with theo and mark racing each other in AWD and no one else coming into the class. that will be a barrel of enjoyment, a 2 car field. yahoo. that will keep crowds happy.

it will be interesting if ANDRA will run a champioinship wen rays championship starts next year. i cant see racers competing in 2 seperate championships.

its a growing sport, to kepp it growing you need to make it attractive to racers, DYO is whats going to attract new players into the sport. remember, as buster said if no one wants to race what are you going to watch?

time will tell.

edited to correct my bad spelling

Edited by 1JZ.747

You might even have to finish a car to the point of racing it for once. ;)

With all the bits you seem to get your hands on, ill be keen to see you run some monster passes.

index the class to 9.99 and race heads up....its the only way.... :D

Heads-up in street classes = ghey.

Adrian

When people leave the track is their talking point about the monster GTR's running sub 10 sec passes or the semi stock factory skyline cutting a good light. :D

Edited by DiRTgarage

The best way is to have 16 GTRs all running under 10. So paul hurry up and get the big girl going

Theo

Pulling engine friday, hopefully just a freshen up, some different cams and a "godzilla motorsport" external oil pump.

When people leave the track is their talking point about the monster GTR's running sub 10 sec passes or the semi stock factory skyline cutting a good light.

Couldn't care less. Winners are grinners. Like i've said, brett's said and YOU've said, we didn't build our cars for the crowd!

Yes you're a big girl, I agree.....wait, were we talking about the GTR? Oh

Adrian

PP