SAU Community

Compak Attak This Sunday 21st May

NXTIME

Just thought I would remind people that the final round of the ANDRA Sports Compact Championship will be on this Sunday 21st May. Looks like there will be a number of high powered GTR's, GTS-t's, as well as the usual rotaries and fours that will make this quite an interesting meet.

So who's in, who's not, who's racing, who's going to do what? Rumours and trash talk expected :P

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't hardly sleep at all last night. Watched to much Jap drag racing dvd's and read too many magazines yesterday - was buzzing at 11pm last night. :fakenopic:

I'll prob be a wreck on Sunday!

Hope to see heaps of SAU and Skyline fans there :nyaanyaa: . So far we have heard that there will be about 6 lines in Sport RWD. Should be a great day.

http://www.sportcompactgroup.com/Compak%202006/PR/PR3.htm

Sunday forcast

Morning shower, clearing.

City: Min: 12 Max: 19

West: Min: 6 Max: 19

shower doesn't sound good, but the chilly temp sounds great.

Stace

GCG TURBOCHARGERS TOP QUALIFIER

GCG Turbochargers announced today a range of Prizes totalling $4,800 for the Top Qualifiers in Sport FWD, Sport RWD, Front Runner, Oz Mod, Sport Mod & Pro RWD. Each of the Top Qualifiers in the above classes will win the following from Brett and the crew at GCG Turbochargers.

1 x GCG Voucher for the service of the winners turbocharger, redeemable upto the value of $500.00

1 x XTR Fuel Pump Bracket = $45.00

1 x Power Enterprise Mag2 Oil Filter = $45.00

1 x Airtool - Air Saw for all body work and panel repair + air fittings pack = $165.00

1 x XTR T-Shirt & GCG Thongs = $30.00

1 x Garrett Performance Turbo's Cap = $15.00

1 x GCG Pen & Decal

Total Value = $800.00

DAMN!

2rismo blew a rear drive shaft in the semis!

two06l had constant issues through the day!

Buster is a girl and didn't race :)

Was a tops day, better luck next time guys :rofl:

The little orange rotary won S/RWD.

I exploded another right-hand CV in the semis (and red-lit anyway) ;) That's racing.

Daniel Beer (RNMENC) has discovered that he likes drag racing and went out in the semis to Shane Crichton's Cressida (eventual runner-up) with a 12.180 breakout on a 12.200 dial-in.

Great day, dissapointed that I had to be towed home. We had spare shafts but it was getting dark and cold :( 2RISMO is now safely tucked up in bed at Bezerkly.

Track was very good and the car was pretty consistent; the runs were like this:

1st pass:

1.826 60ft

5.042 330ft

7.669 @ 91.37mph 660ft

9.925 1000ft

11.800 @ 120.02mph

2nd pass:

1.700 60ft

4.907 330ft

7.521 @ 93.03mph 660ft

9.777 1000ft

11.662 @ 118.34mph

3rd pass:

1.705 60ft

4.909 330ft

7.533 @ 94.01mph 660ft

9.789 1000ft

11.669 @ 119.78mph

4th pass:

1.698 60ft

4.909 330ft

7.541 @ 93.86mph 660ft

9.806 1000ft

12.030 @ 86.58mph - (on the brakes in eliminations)

5th pass:

BANG!

(11.662 and 120.02mph are both pb's though.)

Car is incredibly consistent in the 60' and to half track - 330ft times within 2 thousandths and picking up 26mph (28mph+ on the first run) from half track. I think I got a handle on how to get it consistent just in time to get a handle on how may passes I get out of a pair of shafts! :D

HUGE thanks to Stuart and the boys from Bezerkly Automotive in Wollongong, Daniel Beer, Taryn and Brett for the kind words of encouragement from the grand-stand.

Adrian

yeah it was a mixed day alright. you were doing awesome adrian till the redlight and shaft breakage :D plus the commentators gave it to you heaps. lol but you must be pleased with a pretty solid day.

i was surpised to see the bezerkley cars running 13s on slicks (or MTs not sure which) i would have thought with all that gear they would be quite quick?

wow there was some drama with theo, poor guy i felt for him big time. the guy he was racing against went in to stage while theo was still getting ready and theo just didnt get into full stage in time and redlighted. i was really hoping for an 8 from theo but i guess that's racing. rules are rules but man it seemed harsh that he top qualified early in the day then didnt get to run again. I thought he at least would have wheeled it out for a grudge match (maybe against the 33 that ran a 14.0 for the win against him? lol) but i guess he was too pissed to bother which was a shame. I hope he comes back because his car was stunning and there is no doubt he will run an 8.

Paul and stacey had a tough day too with missing 1 quali then mechanical problem in the next and only quali seeing them not qualifying. then hit some dramas in the grudge (or were you in ET?). But i'm sure you guys will be back bigger and better. :(

Jun had some gearbox dramas but god damn it was a nice looking car and sounded just magic. It was a really nice 32 GTR. just stunning.

it was a shame that a lot of the quick cars got outed by slow ones but i guess that is DYO bracket racing. personaly not my cup of tea, but for some reason seems to be what we get in sport compact classes.

oh ye! my bro ran a 6.81 @ 210.97MPH!!! n that was on and off the throttle, still alot to come from this car >_<

i think that shut up alot of critics of his car!!!

awesome day, got my adrenaline goin jus watching his passes... 3 consecutive 205MPH + passes and no issues.

i didnt get to see many other cars race, saw a few nic 32 gtr's tho :dry:

the "camrydore" (ex vn pro stck made into a camry) sounded n did well... 2JZ from the states.

the MR MAD torana was awesome to watch, the last? pass I think it did where he backed off then hit it again to run a 7.1 was fantastic.

Flew up from Melb for the day to check it out, had a great time, plenty of awesome cars, spewin I missed some of the earlier GT-R passes.

he i think he felt the car get ou of shape wen it carried the wheels, had the steering slightly turned to anticipate the correction and i think it wasnt as bad as he tought so it veered right a bit, but to back off for that long, and then hit it agan several times and still run a 7.1 @ 208mph is phenomenal. still alot left in the car i guess!! here r some pics i dug up.

in the first photo u can see how far the wheels have come up and carried, and thats at almost half track! u can see the end of the grandstand nd the cleanup guys a little further up on the right lol i love this car haha

compak.jpg

compak3.jpg

compak2.jpg

camry2.jpg

camry.jpg

Edited by MR MAD

yeah it was a mixed day alright. you were doing awesome adrian till the redlight and shaft breakage :dry: plus the commentators gave it to you heaps. lol but you must be pleased with a pretty solid day.

i was surpised to see the bezerkley cars running 13s on slicks (or MTs not sure which) i would have thought with all that gear they would be quite quick?

wow there was some drama with theo, poor guy i felt for him big time. the guy he was racing against went in to stage while theo was still getting ready and theo just didnt get into full stage in time and redlighted. i was really hoping for an 8 from theo but i guess that's racing. rules are rules but man it seemed harsh that he top qualified early in the day then didnt get to run again. I thought he at least would have wheeled it out for a grudge match (maybe against the 33 that ran a 14.0 for the win against him? lol) but i guess he was too pissed to bother which was a shame. I hope he comes back because his car was stunning and there is no doubt he will run an 8.

I had a great day - the sportsmanship shown by almost all racers was great and the breakage in the semi was the only low-light. Chris Diggles and I go way back - I'm sure he had the Arnie impersonations pumping on the commentary.

Daniel (green Bezerkly car) ran 11.80 @ 121 mph on his first qualifier but the clutch (that I helped fcuk the week before) gave up so he could only run 16psi, changing at 5500rpm. Went on to a 12.180 on a 12.200 dial. Not bad for a guy with less than 20 passes under his belt.

Theo's car was awesome on the pass I saw. I was two cars back waiting to be called forward when he went 9.0 @ 156 (I think) - sounded very very strong and the crew all cheered so they must've been happy.

Hard luck to the mighty TWO06L but when it comes back, oh man! Bigger, Stronger, Faster! >_<

Can't wait for next season.

Adrian