Tofu

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers,

I just got a permit for 48 hrs to get some work done for the registration and it seems that the diff has shat itself before i bought it causing the wheel studs to snap.

From inital inspection it seems that the diff is missing several teeth causing it to loose grip on the rear left wheel. When it grabbed it brought through a whole heap of force and bam it hit the studs and they were the weakest point.

New diff time. Super.

Edited by Tofu

Bad Luck? Nah the guy i bought the car off is just a complete tosser and lied about its condition. Alot of love needs to go into it to get it going but once it does,

As for the diff, the 2 way will defiinitely be where it will be in time. But i need the car on the road. I will see what needs to be fixed with the diff once its been replaced and fix it (or sell it)

Cheers, for the ups on the site. Its still under construction as im playing with the skins. The ladies are teh bombz0r and i have many more to add. Soon it will be locked down as it will feature footage of the cars of perth doing their bizzy on the strezzy, its not designed as club but for my crew and their boys to host there shizzle securely.

Where the car stands:

1. New Carpets - 50% done should be done by Tuesday morning.

2. Diff replacement - Fitted by Thursdayish.

3. New seatbelts (front and back), Fan Cover(sourced), Fusebox cover(sourced), Front Kick panels, Front Intrusion bar (hopefully sourced)

4. Full service and tune.

5. Seems to have some body damage on the front left hand fender making the head light sit out of place. It will need to be pulled out.

Then Rego. I was hoping for early July but it will take a miracle. Looks like the tax refund wont be paying off the CC but getting the car to the track.

Cheers,

Edited by Tofu

sh!+ tofu i just read your whole thread, you have had a bad run. I have to say i admire your good temper with all of this. Most people would be so crushed at buying there new car in this state they would come on here and whinge for 3 pages. Best of luck mate

man who ever the guy who sold you the car is nothing but a loser. i cant believe someone would do such a thing... now its gonna cost you an armand a leg and what not to do it all when all he could have done is be honest...

im feeling ya tofu best of luck dude!

Cheers,

No point in whinging really and its not going to achieve alot. When the car is finished it will be worth it.

The diff has been organised and will be fitted late this week early next week, sourcing a modified front intrusion bar as we speak and should have one priced and available next week.

As for the small front end damage, that can be looked at once the diff is fitted.

I have some good mates at Jshop so I am being looked after well.

Bad Luck? Nah the guy i bought the car off is just a complete tosser and lied about its condition. Alot of love needs to go into it to get it going but once it does,

haha oh i know that feeling all to well....

but dude, your "no point complaining, ill just get it fixed' attitude f**king rocks.

go son go, ps. you own me a ride when its finished if i remember correctly :)

steve :wub:

fo shizzle! Only way to be. If I rush it I will f**k it up, if I get angry i will f**k it up. Do it right and do it proper the car will thank you in the end.

The diff is being replaced as we speak. C-Red is handling the replacement. $160 for fitting at C red, $350.00 for the diff from Ben at KYP.

Oh you can have a ride if you have the nut sack to take it.

Andrew :D

Sup dudes

yeah its bad luck what happen with this car but its in good hand with me helpin Tofu gettin it all ready and over the pits,

Reprasent with the jshop decals :D

i say all up and running by latest next week then will be ready to hit D land

haha oh i have the nutsack!

ill take you for a spinaroonie in mine when i get it all fixed too :)

not that it will be good, its just a standard rb20 haha

lookin forward to it :w00t:

peace.

wel you see i cant really sell it when it doesnt move lol

so yeh, i thought id get it fixed then keep it for a bit, then sell it.

wil have spent way too much money just to keep it auto and rbo20det.

3k down the drain

so yeh probly keep it for a bit. :D

Very true. But such is the way of cars. If you need assistance with stuff go speak to the boys at Jshop. I recommend Ashton as Raheem has new rides in and maybe a little busy.

One Step closer! just purchased the following:

1. Front Intrusion Bar

2. Front Bumper (optional)

3. Kick Panels

4. Fuse Box Cover

5. Fan Cover

The Intrusion bar doesn't need any modifications at all which will allow for easy fitting especially the front bar. I will roll through the pits with a stock front bumper instead of the vertex for now.

Just need a new front passanger seat belt, washer hose to connect to the nipples on the bonnet, the refitting of the gauges and i am set for the pits.

* Andrew Humps a lamp post *

Edited by Tofu