SAU Community

Now This Is An Engine!

Yeah, I know it is a pretty silly thread, but there must be so much work go into an engine like this. Just looking at the raw figures is impressive enough:

108920hp @ 102rpm

5608312lb/ft @ 102rpm

25480L or 1556002ci

Fuel consumption works out to over 13000kg of fuel per hour

Not to mention its physical size, 89feet x 44 feet (27m x 13.33m), weighing 2300tonnes. 38" bore, 98" stroke.....

Although, the power to weight ratio is crap (21.11kg per hp), this thing produces enough torque to just about pull the Earth out of its orbit. Awesome.

Edited by Quinny

Yeah, I got it from another forum, I hadn't seen it before so I thought I might share it here. I had a quick look to see if it had been posted before, but I didn't find anything.

It is a pretty impressive bit of workmanship, I would like to see the machines used to do stuff like machine and balance the crank or machine the bores, or machining the screw threads for the giant bolts and head studs.

Thats the new RB25480DET....

Yehh i got one of those in my GTR.

And when i put the BOV on, Sydney hears me. I havent been defected yet coz its stock.

Im going to put the HKS gt4000/3000 turbo on it coz im only making 80000psi with my stock turbo.

Its a 10 second machine.

If you want to ride in it, just call me, ill put you on the next ship to japan.

=)

hrmm... taking into consideration what arbess said, i think it needs a turbo, or a supercharger. imagine a ship flyin past u on the limiter (it could be bumped up to 150rpm i rkn) with the signature supercharger whine, or a HKS SSQV :D

Yeah, a supercharger would be cool. I don't think that anyone makes a 14/111143 blower though.

By the looks of things, it doesn't use a camshaft. Imagine the size of the cam for an engine that big!