SAU Community

Anyone Else Been The Recipient Of Anti-skyline Sentiment?

xRHETTx

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mav, not only do u drive an import, but it is bright bright f@#king yellow dude!

That's a double insult to bogans! They hate you for not having a VN commodore exec & the colour prob makes 'em see red!! They prob see it as a young bloke in a fast car rubbing their poverty in their face.

The general rep we gained as "hoons" is the 3rd negative.

Like someone else said, at the end of the day it's still worth it!

hahahahaha ^^^ now that’s funny...

Yea i cant help it if my car is capable of being seen even if it's pitch black: D

na all good and i do agree even if we do cop crap from ppl for what ever reason dirty looks etc... the occasions where ppl say nice car.. and things like that, and also cruising around in something we all love is worth that crap every now and again...

It seems like a few people here are driving around with a "victim" attitude...

This doesn't quite make sense....

Someone can't "cut you off" if they're behind you.

What happened when you reported this to Police?

(As most people would do if they had been truly scared for their life?)

Tailgated you up to 150?

Sounds like you were the one playing games with them, not the other way around.

A vehicle travelling behind you can't force you to speed up.

If you were already travelling at 100, that would indicate that you were on a freeway.

Perhaps they were just trying to get you to move over so that they could pass?

OK let me clear this up for you SKY031:

Mooroduc Highway, speed limit 100, dual lane. I was driving along at 100 in the right hand lane, when the tradies pulled out in front of me from the left lane (also doing 100km/h) and slammed their brakes on.

A few minutes down the road they were behind me again, due to them changing lanes etc.

At 100km/h, they tailgated me (about 1-2m behind my car) for approx 1 km. I then did the 'tap the brakes' trick to try to get them to back off. It didnt work they just stayed there. So i sped up slowly to pull away from them and they continued to stick on my arse, within 3m at up to 140km/h or so.

I slowed down again as we were coming to an intersection. They then got into the left lane and drove alongside me. The driver pulled out a broom handle or something, stuck it out his window and swerved his car towards mine, causing me to swerve as well.

At this point i was scared, and decided the best thing to do was to get the fu(k out there and make sure they didnt follow me. So i sped off and turned at a round about where i could see there was no way they could follow me.

Next time it happens i'll be sure to report it, at the time i was so involved with trying to get out of the situation i didnt get the rego number or anything.

A quick anonomous call to the EPA about their loud, smokey exhaust and the lit cigarette butts they threw out the windows would quite annoy them too. If it can be done to us, we can do it back.

Rhett

looks like im in for some fun lol, considering im getting mine on monday.

my best mate gets it all the time in her 32... people are just arse holes.

and im sure most of them would be aussies, no offence, cause im one too.. most european or whatever else kind would praise a skyline not agrue.

Reporting it?

YOu gotta be kidding me right? The cops cudnt give a flying f**k what happend no matter how much you report it.

On the way to Benalla last year I was driving my camry with Brisby (Roy) in it and on a single lane hwy in the pouring rain we were doing about 110 km/h. This ute pretty much sat on my cars bumper for about 5 kms, with me ignoring it. Then I realised, f**k its wet, this is dangerous and I slowed to 100, and the dickhead rammed my car 3 times until I pulled over and he took off.

I got his plates, I got everything, I even knew where He works.

Did the cops do anything? No.

Reporting it?

YOu gotta be kidding me right? The cops cudnt give a flying f**k what happend no matter how much you report it.

On the way to Benalla last year I was driving my camry with Brisby (Roy) in it and on a single lane hwy in the pouring rain we were doing about 110 km/h. This ute pretty much sat on my cars bumper for about 5 kms, with me ignoring it. Then I realised, f**k its wet, this is dangerous and I slowed to 100, and the dickhead rammed my car 3 times until I pulled over and he took off.

I got his plates, I got everything, I even knew where He works.

Did the cops do anything? No.

Rammed your car? thats crazy.. Ive had my 32 (pretty much stock) GTS for about 3 months now, been pulled over 3 times, never booked, the cops examined my engine for mods once and told me to put a box around my air intake but thats about it..

I live in Sydneys inner west. A few weeks ago i was on my way home from the city on a friday night, sitting on the spped limit down parramatta road when an orange hatchback full of lehs pulled along side me and commenced swerving at me for no reason. My very stupid friend showed the gentlemen in the hatchback his middle finger. They chased us for a while through the backstreets of newtown, throwing beer bottles at my car, untill eventually i lost them. They put an enoromus crack in my spoiler and i had to take it off. theres also a decent sized dent in the boot...

aah, good times.

OK let me clear this up for you SKY031:

Mooroduc Highway, speed limit 100, dual lane. I was driving along at 100 in the right hand lane....

OK... you lost me there.....

Why were you doing that?

Victorian traffic law states that on any road of 2 lanes or more, marked at 80kph or more, you are required to keep left at all times unless overtaking.

By the description given, you were loitering in their blind spot.

That is terribly uncool, and very dangerous.

OK... you lost me there.....

Why were you doing that?

Victorian traffic law states that on any road of 2 lanes or more, marked at 80kph or more, you are required to keep left at all times unless overtaking.

By the description given, you were loitering in their blind spot.

That is terribly uncool, and very dangerous.

There were cars everywhere, by law there is traffic congestion (like on every highway at 4pm onwards!) you can legally use both lanes...

Where this sign is shown, or on multi-lane roads where the speed limit is at or above 80km/h, you must not drive in the right lane UNLESS overtaking another vehicle, turning right, making a u-turn, avoiding an obstruction, or when traffic is congested.

I dont understand why to keep trying to turn this around into somehow myself causing this? I know there are way to many Skyline owners who complain when they get caught speeding or have illegal mods etc etc.. but there is no way I was or did anything wrong in this situation!

Rhett

i've had my r33 for about a week now.. and the only time i've left it parked and gone somewhere, it got keyed.. i always get greases from people as soon as they see my p plates and me driving a r33 (even older people like 40-50) and i seem to notice alot more people tail gate me than when i was driving my old shitbox car. i can only hope it gets better! :

I dont think i have experienced anything like that yet - touch wood.

Just want to add though - they are jealous of what we own. Holdens and fords dont have the capabilities to match the japanese technology. Though I do think that holdens have some nice beasts - its all in the big engine that gulps down heaps of petrol - following the american way. Wonder what the all those idiots will say when the new godzilla lands here.....probably go and have a toss about it.

Edited by emsta2003

I don't understand why holden drivers dislike skylines so much.

1. Holdens used to USE skyline engines.

2. Skylines killed holdens and fords in touring cars. Easily.

3. The old 'buy Australian' argument is idiotic. Holdens are about as Australian as arnotts buscuits, as in they are foreign owned and proud. For example, the new monaro. It was not a piece of crap, so holden sold it, and it's now a pontiac GTO. Instead of them being made here, and the US having a rebadged monaro, we now have them made there, and we get rebadged GTO's.

4. Holden and Ford are car builders, not designers. Neither company actually designs the cars. I know several engineers who work for engineering firms who have designed a commodore one month, and a falcon the next. They also outsource to South America and Singapore. They are not Aussie.

5. most of the holden die-hards (and it does seem to be holden more than ford) have it in-bred into them that people are either noble holden men, or despised ford men. Everyone else is gay and wants to violate your little sister (I heard a guy from Port Adelaide say this once.... What a gay man would want with any girl is beyond me, but it shows the intellectual level of some people).

Now, I admit, I was a ford man for a long time. My dad got an EB XR6 just when I got my P's (18hrs later, my first speeding fine....) It was a joy to drive, and because all I'd driven previously was a Sh1tbox gemini that I used to drive around the scrub in, I loved it. Then, later I bought myself an AU Xr6... nice, but not as good as the BA, then, I drove a beautiful R32 GTR of a friends dad.

...... Heaven.........

in every way that mattered, it was a superior car to one built 10 years after.

What more can I say? There are few skyline knockers that have ever driven one.

unless overtaking or if the roads are congested... ;) i got the letter in the mail too last week.

plus even if the roads wern't congested... I dont know how trying to run someone off a road, or trying to stick a broom into your car is justified...

I get cut off and tailgated all the time, cars been spat on and egged. *shrugs* jealousy. :)

u guys must like antagonise these ppl

in the little over a year i had my r33 gtst i never got abused, never got evil looks, never got pulled over (and i live right near chapel st)

altho i must admit, i prolly drive alot more conservative than u guys ...

no offence meant ... i went thru it all ...

haha so funny this topic should come up. rhett i totally sympathise with u, im down mornington a fair bit and almost every time down there some sort of incident will occur. like today, i was coming back from mornington, and sitting in the left (YES SKYO31 left) and i was going 10 ks under (i needa save petrol desperately as my bank account is looking really sad....im talking $5 sad...stupid boss owing me $$$!!!) and then nall of a sudden some P plater in a VY full of ummmm rather ethnic fellows speeds up behind me and starts tail gateing me. so im like hmmm ok maby he will pass seeing as how theres a whole 2 otehr empty lanes, but no, instead of passing, this genius drops 10 m back, and then floors ti till his 1 m behind me, then proceeds 2 repeat this 4 or so times. i was starting 2 get a little worried so i pullled off in2 a street 2 let them go on their way, lo and behold, they followed me, then turn after turn they followed me. at this point i was getting quite freaked out, so i got out on2 the nepean again, dumped the cluth, took off until they couldnt keep up, then pulled off in2 a street and went n visited a m8.

no offence sky031, but u seem 2 be making a concerted effert to portray rhett in a negative light when from what i have read (and experienced) he is doing very little wrong. think about it, wouuld u rather sit there on the speed limit while somebody attempted 2 run u off the road? or would u give it a quick mash of the right foot and get outta there, i know what id do, and im sure put in that situation many others would adopt the same thinking.

another time, i was in frankston and some guys tailgated me right around a corner, so i went 2 turn at a set of lights,. one gets out and jumps on the back of my car and punchs my window (no damage) and i look around and its a carload of guys iiv never seen in my life, so what was i 2 do? option:

a) sit there while i and my car get mashed by this pack of tossers? orrr......

b) mash the right foot and then turn off?

needless 2 say, i took b and no ill came of it, i shutter 2 think what would have happned if id behaved in a manner befitting of sky031s line of thouight and sat there while these gentlemen proceeded to redesighn my cars aesthetics while giving me a free facial exam with the bottom of their shoes

the moral of this story is......dont let a car full of crazy people tail gate u and then jump out at the lights and attack ur car..........ahhh frankston, how i love thee

Edited by ardie

Guest IH8VEE8S

i'm in the north-west suburbs and never had to deal with this kind of shit (touch wood).

i actually usually get compliments from people who pull up next to me at the lights or even while cruising.

i can't say i got that from holden drivers though lol but i once did recieve a compliment from a corvette driver which was pretty cool lol

there are heaps of cops around my area but they aren't bad actually. even drove right past em a few times with a loud exhaust and wasn't pulled over or anything.

so yeah it's all pretty good over here. (touch wood again)

tough luck dude

Edited by IH8VEE8S

i've only had my beloved '32 for about a month now and it's been relatively even. i get the odd tosser in a VL attempting to race me along the Princes now and again, but i'm more concerned about my petrol and speeding fines than i am about racing a bunch of wankers.

i do get a lot of dirty looks but not the jealous kind...i live in malvern so it tends to be the looks of 'damn roudy teenager in his loud car'...

admittedly my stereo can breach the 140 decible barrier on occasion and i do listen to heavy metal so yes i am in the wrong. but even when i'm listening to my stereo at sane sound levels i get dirty looks from all the rich toffs who scoff at the "jap crap" that blows away their aging euro cars and 4WD's.

i also get a lot of compliments, to the point of people coming up and asking if they can actually have a look at my car.

overall i think it does come down to location more than anything else. a great quote i was once told

"People hate what they love the most"

sums it up nicely...

oh btw... NEVER and i mean NEVER tell a bogan that his holden has a skyline engine...i barely escaped the brawl it cause with my life...though i did get a new pocket knife :)

another time, i was in frankston and some guys tailgated me right around a corner, so i went 2 turn at a set of lights,. one gets out and jumps on the back of my car and punchs my window (no damage) and i look around and its a carload of guys iiv never seen in my life, so what was i 2 do? option:

a) sit there while i and my car get mashed by this pack of tossers? orrr......

b) mash the right foot and then turn off?

needless 2 say, i took b and no ill came of it, i shutter 2 think what would have happned if id behaved in a manner befitting of sky031s line of thouight and sat there while these gentlemen proceeded to redesighn my cars aesthetics while giving me a free facial exam with the bottom of their shoes

the moral of this story is......dont let a car full of crazy people tail gate u and then jump out at the lights and attack ur car..........ahhh frankston, how i love thee

Thats actually quite a scary incident. And, the idiot who was on the back of your car, could have been killed. I would do the same thing if I was u ardie - in the heat of the moment, its either u life and ur car that u risk OR its the idiot thats trying to jump on your car and damage it. I dont like saying this, but I wouldnt have remorse if the person fell on the road and cracked their head open. :)

Did you report this to the cops? If so, did the cops do anything? Its a damn shame whats going on these days. If the cops are not doing anything to catch these fools, then what choice do we have - but to run red lights and cut through traffic in an effort to get away from those vandals.

The other thing is, a few weeks ago, a mate and I went cruising around there. We were in my skyline - basically went from frankston all the way to st kilda (down beach rd) - no trouble that night, cept for a few drunks in st kilda. Anyway - i dont now what the point of that story is......

Edited by emsta2003