SAU Community

Next Cruise **Friday 28th March**

Drift Spec

Guest cashmo

miss nismo, am i correct in beliving that your R32 (GTSt) has a RB25DET NEO under the bonnet!? Thats crazy! are they something like 260-280Hp? I think I love your car already. Did you get it done? or buy it like that?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea Miss_Nismo give us all the goss hehe.

Ne news on the cruise? What time, where it start, Where it's going?

There's another cruise that night 8pm at Bunnings. Be a bit like a performance forums cruise, and the last one only had 3 people rock up to it! This one sounds a little bit better though.

http://board.performanceforums.com/forums/...0409#post510409

Whats the go 4 the 28th then???

Guest brownyr31

im in for the 28th. Fridays nights are the best for cruising. leaves the weekend open. The Clarendon cruise sounds good TiMMMaYYY.

i also know the roads up there so that will help me.

Just a quick update.

Cruise is definately still on , the weather looks pretty good so hopefully it keeps this way, should provide some nice cold air for the cars.

Looks like there is still a bit of a debate on what route to take, I am leading more towards the gorge as It provides very good quality roads surace wise plus lots of nice twists and turns... plus the lack of wildlife is always a bonus.

Looking at a 8:30 meetup with a 9pm departure time, at this stage I still think Bunnings Mile End is the best spot to meet if everyone can behave.

Hope to see you all there :D

im tending to team up with john here on his belief that meeting at mile end isnt such a good idea anymore...... especially if we can be spyed from the main road, attract some green and blue 180's attention, who thinks he might try and show off abit. The cops see/ hear this going on, and blam, bye bye cruise.

I remember the first time i came on a cruise, and we met at bunnings, the cops cruised threw the park, and chased that red corolla who just happened to be speeding threw the carpark. Poor martyr corolla took the attention off 20-odd skylines in the same place at the same time.

Burnside shopping centre has been the new suggestion a number of times.

Bunnings mile end is well known now, and not just to us

One more suggestion for starting place I can think of is the Henley Beach sailing club. Just along the esplanade. Plenty of parks.

Obviously a bit out of the way for the northern people tho. But then Ingle Farm is miles away for others.

I guess it doesn't really matter. Im all for the most popular choice.

I'm with Matt .... K-Mart is a good idea - not visible from the main road and there is something to eat there to have on the way :) Plus it is 'sort of' on the way up the Gorge (which seems the preferred route).

I am having my new clutch fitted at Tilbrooks this Wednesday .... so I am hoping you WON'T see me do some massive stalls on the cruise while it's bedding in :D .... but knowing me I will do it right in front of everyone!

ok maybe this should be in a new post but I want to express an opinion here .... (I am hoping not to offend anyone .... but):

I ABSOLUTELY in NO WAY want to be elitist here .... AND I know I am an outsider (since I don't actually own a skyline) .... BUT .... is there anyone else that wants to join my thinking in that we need to have a 'performance standard' of cars that we cruise with. I have nothing at all against newcomers, but it seems that if we have more and more slower (ie. n/a) cars join us, it gets a bit frustrating and loses the 'special group' feeling we have where no-one gets left behind and everyone can go with the flow.

For example I remember one cruise not so long ago where somehow someone got invited in an old Corolla and proceeded to block me in on many occasions from following the group, not to mention specifically denied me a couple of drags (since I was stuck behind it at the lights).

What comes to mind is how gay the Performance Forums cruises are (and I DON'T want to offend any PF guys reading this - they are a good group of people) since there are very few actual performance cars in the group. Fair enough everyone should get a go, but does this devalue the experience of a performance car driver who wants to have some fun? I think it does.

Sorry for the rant .... just my 2c

Yeah i agree with you andrew, the times where we have gone on a cruise with about 6 cars it was great. We gave each other room to have fun and we had simmilar power with our cars with one or two exeptions. When you get tag alongs they get in the way, and on more than one occation I have lost the guys I was following because of one guy in a car who probably shoudnt have been with us.

Im sorry if I have offended anyone as well but I thought it should be said..

What are the chances of being somewhere near my work when I finish at 10 so I can hook up with everyone with out too much hassle. Please Pretty Please, hopefully get my car back 2morrow with new front spoiler need an excuse to drive it friday nite its been a week since Ive had it. From my work you can go up towards one tree hill the back way then chain of ponds then george road then wherever? Any ideas.

I see merit in what you're saying (typed :D) mate. I think part of what you're saying involves respect too. Respect for the SkylinesAustralia.com group in general & respect for fellow forum members & their cars.

A fellow cruiser doesn't so much need to have the quickest car out there. They just need to "fit in" on cruises as best as possible. In other words don't block others in if they prefer to run up the front, & you don't or can't. Things like someone turning up on a cruise, doing burnouts in a very public area, showering other cars with dirt/rocks & generally not giving a shit about their POS. This is the kind of stuff we can certainly do without! Not that this has happened but you all get what I mean.

When it all boils down it's about using a bit of common sense.

I'm absolutely stuffed so the above probably came out all wrong :)

I agree.

Everyone that knows me knows that when I am on a cruise I like to give it a bit of a go when I am going through the hills, and yes it is a bit annoying getting stuck behind a slow car, but what is even more damn annoying is when that person complains about being tailgated... if you are being tailgated then dont you think its best to let that person thru...sheesh!

My 2c.

I agrree with the tailgating aswell, These people maybe dont have mirrors too look behind them either. Any ideas on the route yet. Any chance you can consider my Idea??

ok I have put some thought into this ....

I reckon we could start at K-Mart Ingle Farm 8:30pm to leave at 9pm then go out Sudholz road, turn left up Gorge Rd, go thru the Gorge and come out onto North East Rd at Chain of Ponds. Then turn right and shortly after a left, heading toward Kersbrook. Then at Kersbrook take the turnoff to One Tree Hill and down to Main North Rd and pick up Matt at work, around 10pm. Then maybe head out Salisbury Highway (mmmmmm nice fun road) and then maybe go down the back of Cormack Rd/Wingfield direction - and do 'whatever we feel like' (in those dark and flat roads down there).

From there we can go anywhere .... maybe go down the back way to Port Adelaide and then work our way down the shore to the Bay .... then back into town along Anzac Hwy or something.

How does that sound to everyone?

But then I miss out on all the fun roads. The back of wingfield sounds good though. spose I can allways go through the hill at the end of the cruise.

Who's being elitist? I don't complain about slow cars.

I just go around them with wastegates open & give em 130db

in the ear! We can't stop slower cars coming on cruises - it just makes it more challenging to get to the front of the pack & leave them behind - besides, we usually have a destination so they can always catch up if they want to hang with us. I'm sure those of us lucky enough to have hairdryers hanging off our engines didn't always have fast cars - so lets give the next up & coming fast car owers a break.They can cruise, but I agree that they should not block us in if they can help it. I am not referring to the sadcases who like to do 180s in carparks or spray gravel on our cars.while these antics are fun in the right time & place - our cruises are not one of them.

Anyway, see you all Fri night.

I have a question, being if you guys have anything against the Jaffa SS joining in, please make it be heard as we don't want to offend anyone by being there. On the last cruise, there were heaps of skylines and we sorta felt out of place (being a skyline cruise and all :)) but the reason we love cruising with this group is the maturity of drivers, standard of cars and basically everyone are top folks. Most other cruises are full of idiot drivers in buzz boxes where you spend the whole time worrying about the P plater who might sideswipe you. :D

We have no problem with being told we're not welcome, if there was a particular event where you wanted skylines only.

Im sure *most* of you would be happy to have the SS there... gives you a bit of a benchmark... although it's far from being a standard SS now ;)

comments? Fire away :)

Perfectly worded Andrew, reflective of my until now, reserved opinion about cruise tag alongs.

I dont consider myself as on elder statesman of the group, but from the meets I have been to, there are a few things that could be better.

If I wanted to drive amongst other cars, I'd drive up and back Anzac highway on a Friday night (and I do at times!).

The idea of a moderate sized group of late- model japanese import owners, with obvious commradery and respect for each other was what attracted me to the group initially.

To those who now feel 'not welcome' on the cruises, I say its not like that. By all means come along, but dont try and muscle (hahhah) your way into the heart of the cruise pack. Make allowances for us to pull up at stoplights next to each other. If you are being slightly tailgated, PULL OVER. But dont do anything which as Andrew says, detracts from the special feeling we get cruising with each other.