SAU Community

Rb25 Into R32 - Basic Guide

predator

hey guys, Im up to the wireing side of things. I have an r32 skyline just put a rb25det motor in from an r33 skyline 1996 series 2. before i get started with my wireing problem I just want to say the accelarator cable fit perfictly is there a reson for this as alot of people have said they are to short.

powerstering bracket canot be switched over becuase it does not fit with the r32 pump, so I had to use the r32 bracket and pump but there is a problem the pully wheels do not line up, Since I dont have an A/c compresser I can use the aircon crank pully for my P/S but the A/c pully is a smaller wheel will this be an issue at all? maybe a loss in steering assist?

And for the wireing, I am very bad with wireing things up but I can and will persist I have wired my sterio system up 3 amps and what not so I know the basics I can folow most of the guides for this on the net. Im using my rb25det loom and ECU I still have the old 20det loom but do not want to use this as it is over 22 years old and very brital, The main thing I dont understand is the Series 2 what is the difrence in wireing these up can I just folow the series 1 guides and be ok? or are there a few little changes I must do. Just to clear things up the only cutting and wireing I should be doing is in the passanger footwell cut the plugs of the r32 loom? or do I also need to cut the plugs from the r32 loom by the P/S in the engine bay? with these few questions answerd I should be away.

Thanks guys love the site has helped me in my RB journy so much :D

• 5 months later...

ive got a 25 block with a 20 head but i didnt have any trouble fitting the 20 gearbox and tailshalft!! gearbox still mounts in same spot and i cant remember getting another tailshalft.

It's all good rb25 crossover pipe clears the bonnet, my cooler pipe just pushed it upwards a bit got it sorted .

Now still sorting the high idle and its driving me nuts

Edited by Rob_C110GTR

• 4 months later...

RB25 S2 into R32 Wiring Guide.xlsxOk guys, I am frequently asked about the wiring for the R33 S2 conversion so I have finally put together a BASIC wiring guide that should help the average DIY to get the engine running. Please note the guide does not address the tacho, speedo, climate control, AC, CONSULT etc.

I HIGHLY recommend you do the wiring with both looms on a table where you can strip them back and remove the necessary wires and plugs from the R32 loom and integrate them into the R33 loom. I say this because the main power feeds to both looms come from completely different areas of the car (ie R33 from cabin, the R32 from the engine bay). I have prepared multile dozens of plug'n'play looms now and to do it properly it still takes me 10-12hrs.

Anyway, happy soldering and I trust this helps.

:rolleyes:

Hey guys. Im looking to replace the chopped up loom in my R32, with RB25DET. I have a couple of photos below. Am I missing something here, as there appears to be more loom plugs on the R32 loom compared to the R33 loom (rb25de one).

Photo694_zps01d7f036.jpg

GTS25Loom_zps46fd4201.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

has anyone run the rb20det twin-pump (steer/hicas pump) on the rb25det?

ive done search after search, and only found non hicas setups, which is an easy swap, or others have just deleted the hicas,

and I don't want to delete it if I can avoid it.

im in the middle of re-powering my r32 gtst with an r33 donor car, using the rb25det and fs5r30a box.

im about to fabricate a new braket to mount it, but if anyone has a simple solution id like to know about it?

Use the RB20 pump with the rb20 bracket and bolt it up. No fabrication needed.

Then just source a 3 rib belt that's the same length as your current 4 rib one and it all lines up and runs fine.

Or just cut one rib off your current belt which i did and never had a problem.

• Like 1

Yeah your right, i mounted it before and saw the outer faces of the pulley dont line up, so i thought it wasnt going to work.

But have since bolted it on, and as you said it fits, the inside edges line up.

i had to use a 4pk925 belt with a rib cut off, i couldn't get a 3pk/3 rib in the correct length and the 4pk940 it had on the rb20 was to big.

But yeah its all fitted now, happy days,

Cheers.

I get to keep the hicas!

• 10 months later...
On Monday, August 31, 2009 at 10:23 PM, HR31-PASSAGE said:

anyone know the wiring inside the car for the r31 side of view, so i know what wires to attach to the rb25det loom etc???

pm me if you could

cheers

If anyone PM'd you anything about this? Would you be willing to send it to me? I have a z31 200zr that's getting the same swap and anything will be helpful

• 5 years later...