SAU Community

Hi All....im The New Guy Here...

chantra

Hey guys and gals...

just wanted to say Hi! :P

I am new to Oz...German by nationality...I got here in October last year and plan to remain here for quite a while longer - great place, great country!

I had a go at Drag racing with my Mitsubishi Wagon (3.0l manual) - did a 15.303 @ 89.45 mph in my very first drag ever in a stock car. Make a long story short - I got into the Drag-Fever.My plan now is to get that Wagon into the 13s (using NOS / extractors etc.) and then sell it in favour of a Skyline.

What a car!

- in Germany they are not available freely. I was watching a documentary on the Skyline and was amazed by the easily accessible engine management...perfect for a geek like me!

I already joined this forum, because I want to get some feedback from you Skyline owners and drivers on which model I should be going for...Pros and Cons of R32, 33 etc. - I am sure I will find heaps of answers in previous Threads ( I will be checking them out)...This was just a quick "Hello" so you all know who I am and what I want here.

My very first question, however: I live in Doncaster,Melbourne- where could I test drive an R33 GT-R..? This is the model that I am currently keen on purchasing.

Cheers, and catch y'all soon...

Chanz

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest IH8VEE8S

jesus christ 15.3 in a stock magna? how is that possible?

anyway welcome mate.

if you've got the cash then why don't you just go for an R34 GTR :P

Stock Magna? Rent a car anyone :D LOL i'm only kidding. Welcome to SAU, once here never look back.

What are you doing over here at this time while everyone else can't afford to see the game in you country :P?

^ hahahaha

i think reinier wolfcastle is austrian (arnie take-off)

still a very funny moment tho (the googles, zay do nothing) heheheh

- on closer inspection, these appear to be loafers

- up and atom, up and at them, up and atom!, up and at them!, up and atom!, up and AT THEM! - better :P

Hehe..

thx for the welcome, guys! :-))

Yeah..Im German..thats why im so keen on Drags..I used to think wtf?? Big deal- drive 400m down a straight line....

15.303 in a stock magna wagon - all I did was retrard the timing belt by one tooth :-)

That same day at Heathcote I wanted to check out my new "mods" on my Magna (o/s TB, 2 1/2 inch system incl HF cat, etc.)...I was up against a Skyline (nfi which one but it was an r33). I knew I have a good RT so i should be quicker at the launch (not that it makes a difference in the race - i know that)...When the lights came I gave it my best...and the Skyline was behind me...I was getting happier each meter....until I realised that the biatch hadnt even launched yet....anyway...I was well along the track until he ripped it....and still FLEW past me...I honestly thought I was standing still. That brown R33 did an 11.857! :P -- anyone here??

Chanz

Willkommen to skylines australia.

Ich lebe in Melbourne aber ich arbeite innen Switzerland.

Skylines sind große Autos, ...you will like them.

mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht .

Ich habe nicht gesehen Skylines heir.

screw it, i suck at this

Welcome to SAU mate. Unfortunately the speed limits are not as relaxed here as the autobahns. :D

I wont try and impress you with any German as I did it for 7 years at school and have forgotten most of it. :ermm:

Welcome :laugh:

Hi Chantra

I'm in Doncaster also, the nearest place I know of to test drive an R33 GTR would be Japanese Sports Auto imports 212 Bell Street

Preston, though I'd advise test driving from a lot of dealers before you buy, or even better look at the cars being sold on here, they'll be the best you'll find.

Alternatively, if it's a GTR you're after, you could look at importing through j-spec.com.au, or prestigemotorsport.com.au they seem to be the most reputable car importers, and I'm using jspec myself at the moment.

Anyhow, have a great one.

Hi Chantra

I'm in Doncaster also, the nearest place I know of to test drive an R33 GTR would be Japanese Sports Auto imports 212 Bell Street

Preston, though I'd advise test driving from a lot of dealers before you buy, or even better look at the cars being sold on here, they'll be the best you'll find.

Alternatively, if it's a GTR you're after, you could look at importing through j-spec.com.au, or prestigemotorsport.com.au they seem to be the most reputable car importers, and I'm using jspec myself at the moment.

Anyhow, have a great one.

Thanks for that, mate! Will go there right away and see if they can hook me up....which one are u driving??

Cool. More people...

I've found magnas to be surprisingly quick (6 cyl only - forget the 4cyl). For a passenger car...

Welcome to Australia.... Welcome to skylines. You implied you like tinkering. Australia, Japan and New Zealand for skylines... paradise. Excpt for the epa...

HI there. Hope you enjoy your stay!

You should join the club as a paid member get your CAMS license and come racing!

I will definately do that as soon as I have a Skyline! Cant wait!

How many Victorians are active Draggers here...? I go to Heathcote quite regularly -prefer it to calder.

Chanz