SAU Community

91 Octane In A Skyline?

Okay, im a student and have a R33 Skyline, RB25DE

Seen as i only earn a tad over $100 a week, would it be okay to put 91 octane petrol in, as opposed to 96 octane which ive being using..

If i did, will it be bad for it? Effects of doing this...

Is it fine, or not.

Cheers

I wouldnt be running 91 ron, i've ran it before in my old r33, and i've also seen it ran in a rb25det. They didn't like it too much, but occasionally its fine. 95 ron would be the minimum i would use.

Dayne

i wouldn't run 91 at all...the recommended is at least 95 ron...in japan they would have run around 100-110 ron...the pennies you save on fuel will in the end be put in for costly repairs.

Well yeah I wouldnt run 91 ron hell no!!! Will cause headaches in long run with cost repairs possibly. Just atleast use 95 ron. If you cant then just seel your skyline and buy another cheaper car to run.

Edited by LatinR33

i dont know, with the non-turbo rb25de engine, it should be ok running 91 octane,

maybe you should post in the NA section and see what the NA guys are putting in their cars

surely it wont be tuned to run 100 octane fuel in japan

i'd be usin 95 if i were you, non-turbo isnt the point, like someone else mentioned, japans fuel has higher levels than ours, so it'd still be tuned to a 95 equivalent i'd assume.

i'd be usin 95 if i were you, non-turbo isnt the point, like someone else mentioned, japans fuel has higher levels than ours, so it'd still be tuned to a 95 equivalent i'd assume.

Turbo and non turbo has a lot to do with it.

I guess it should be right seeings how its non turbo...
But it's still a high compression engine - something like 10.5:1 . It really needs a higher octane fuel - Get some Safeway fuel vouchers and use the Caltex Vortex 95 RON fuel.

Okay, im a student and have a R33 Skyline, RB25DE

Seen as i only earn a tad over $100 a week, would it be okay to put 91 octane petrol in, as opposed to 96 octane which ive being using..

If i did, will it be bad for it? Effects of doing this...

Is it fine, or not.

Cheers

what has the poor skyline done to u for even considering 91 RON :