SAU Community

Autogauge Meters

Hey guys,

Just wondring if anyone has had any experience, or knows how good 'AutoGauge' meters are. I've noticed JustJap selling them for $79, and was just wondering if I would be buying quality or garbage. Any info would be cool.

Cheers

There are a number of people across a few forums that have actually posted results of back to back tests with other gauges and found the accuracy of the Autogauges to be quite good.

autogauge are made by autometer. exactly the same gauge as the autometer, same internals and all, just cheaper price. some stupid new law in the U.S. that says if a company is making a top of the line product that is only aimed at a select market then they must make a baseline product of the same thing.

they also have to do it in the american pharmacuticals market. if they make an expensive drug, once the patent is up they must make a generic version of it.

Would this suggest it is actually a Taiwanese copy?

http://www.autogauge.com.tw/

Since 1969, Auto Gauge Co. has been the leading manufacturer of high-quality performance meters in Taiwan with the branding of "Auto Gauge" and "Susuki".

If you look on the Autometer site you'll see one of their gauge series is called Autogage, so perhaps some people are getting that confused with Autogauge, which appears to be a seperate company? Correct me if I'm wrong, this is just my opinion after a quick look on the net.

So IMO Autometer, Autogage = USA

Auto Gauge = Taiwan

If you look on the Autometer site you'll see one of their gauge series is called Autogage, so perhaps some people are getting that confused with Autogauge, which appears to be a seperate company? Correct me if I'm wrong, this is just my opinion after a quick look on the net.

So IMO Autometer, Autogage = USA

Auto Gauge = Taiwan

I think you just solved the puzzle. :wave:

hahahah, sorry champ, but the chinese gauges arnt that great.

First day i got my car, i stuck in a chinese gauge like swoosh/type r etc and it read 6-7psi. I knew the car would be making 4-5 psi stock so i was like, wtf. Went and spent 100 bucks on an autometer and it read... 6-7psi.

Just my personal experiance.

First day i got my car, i stuck in a chinese gauge like swoosh/type r etc and it read 6-7psi. I knew the car would be making 4-5 psi stock so i was like, wtf. Went and spent 100 bucks on an autometer and it read... 6-7psi.

Thats great, but we are discussing Autogauge, not the brand that you have bought.

There seem to be alot of people using them that are very happy, someone on the zed forum from memory did accuracy tests and the Autogauges fared very well

I don't understand your post. You're saying they aren't great, but then from your own personal experience you say they're just as accurate as the US made Autometer?

What is the problem then?

LOL, I am a n00b. I wanted to say the Autometer read the correct 4-5psi.

Blitz - I was an importer/reseller of automotive gauges about 2-3 years ago when I was starting out. I imported from several companies products, one of which included Autogauge gauges and accessories.

The problem that I found with the gauges in China was the calibrations they did. Often they didnt sit on zero (differences in air pressures from mountains in China where manufactured comapred to sea side melbourne maybe??) and they did over read boost. Thats just my general personal experiance.

In the end, I think in a market like gauges where precision and accuracy plays a big role, as long as you are comparing two plain gauges (aka, not defi or some cool feature having one) a bigger price will more often than not result in a better product.

Having said all that, if you just use the one boost gauge for all your testing (like using only a single dyno) and are well below the limit of the engine internals boost wise, I dont see a reason for a more accurate gauge being needed, as long as you always only compare with yourself (I am sure that kinda makes sense)

PS - I paid $100 for my autometer boost gauge from Autobarn. More than happy and I know its pretty spot on

lol.

i was looking at the 3 gauge cluster to fill the din pocket that just jap is selling. the gauges are autogauge gauges. anyone else got them in there car? i know Al does from memory, just wondering if anyone else does as well.