SAU Community

Need Insurance? Want Cheaper Insurance?

Can I get insurance with shannons if I'm 20 and on green Ps? I hate just car right now

Best thing is to call and demostrate you are responsible and a good risk (as with most/all companies), plus a genuine motor enthusiast (appears to be their main criteria from the ads on TV). You got nothing to lose other than a minute or so of your time. :)

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DON'T INSURE WITH SHANNONS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

take it from someone who knows. They are dodgy, and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

If you're in QLD, Over 25 and wan't to insure with a good insurer, then go for Suncorp. My premium is $565 for a 1995 GTST R33 4 door. Famous were $650 and Justcars were $898.

DON'T INSURE WITH SHANNONS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

take it from someone who knows. They are dodgy, and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

If you're in QLD, Over 25 and wan't to insure with a good insurer, then go for Suncorp. My premium is $565 for a 1995 GTST R33 4 door. Famous were $650 and Justcars were $898.

What so dodgy about them? I had a not at fault accident with them and claim went through easy as!

EDIT: Not with my Skyline though. :P

Edited by GT-R32

30yrs old rating one moded 32gtr. full comp with just car $1100per yr with $1000 excess.. was the best price i could find. does anyone know any company that can better that cos i could do with a cheaper premium thats for sure!

I'm insured with VIGIL (98 R33 GTS-T with lots of mods) - I get 24/7 road side assistance, am covered on track days and got an agreed value. Premium was $1200 with full NCB and excess is only $500 and I pay by the month with no penalties.

My other half is insured with TORQUE (97 R33 GTS-T with mods) - his is insured for business use coz he uses it for work, no road side assistance and not covered on track but premium was around the same, $1200 with full NCB (one prev acco and a couple of tickets in the past) Excess is $600 and he also has agreed value.

Neither of us has had to make a claim to date (touch wood!) so can't vouch for them there yet but pretty happy with the premiums and excesses. We are both 30yrs+.

For the younger crowd - I've heard of a company called "young and fun" or similar... mixed reports tho, some people say they're crap but others have said they're great - can't comment myself but worth the call to find out I 'spose.

Hope this helps!

Hi, I have a R33 Import, I tried getting with Shannons but they reakon I am not enough of an enthusiest so knocked me back so I went with Just Car Insurance but they are like $1500/year with $1600 basic excess and it is up for renewal. Does anyone know of a better option as I have full no claim bonus and am over 30 with no traffic offenses. I wont be able to renew at the end of the month unless i can find a less expensive alternative and will probably have to sell the car as I wont drive it with no insurance. Is 3rd party an option? If so who with? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by mrmagoo2u2

Man I am surprised that Shannons wouldn't insure you, as that is who I went thru... Only $780 a year....

What did you say to them???

They asked me a list of questions IE am I in a car club, Do I go to shows, Do I go to rally races etc This was last year and I said no to all, they said I am not enough of an enthusiest and put me on to Just cars. I called back Shannons again the other day to try for this year and he looked up my previous call based on my name from previous year and said can't do as it was knocked back last time. I am quite dumbfounded as to why they won't insure me based on my age and driving record. It seems there is only Shannons and Just cars to choose from unless someone can suggest someone else?

They asked me a list of questions IE am I in a car club, Do I go to shows, Do I go to rally races etc This was last year and I said no to all, they said I am not enough of an enthusiest and put me on to Just cars. I called back Shannons again the other day to try for this year and he looked up my previous call based on my name from previous year and said can't do as it was knocked back last time. I am quite dumbfounded as to why they won't insure me based on my age and driving record. It seems there is only Shannons and Just cars to choose from unless someone can suggest someone else?

That is odd....

they asked me all the same q's and I did say that I wasn't in a car club (yet but I will be soon) and I also said thagt I wasn't going to racing it, however I would be showing the car at some stage.

I guess it helped that I DID used to own a show car (although it was insured thru NRMA) and I also told them that when asked......

If I were you, I would call back Shannon's and tell them that you gave joined a car club and that you will be taking the car to the odd show. Just don't tell them that you will be racing it (they asked and I said no), only showing the car.....

Hope that helps

Good luck ;)

Hope that helps

Good luck :)

Yea thanks, I might try one more time. NRMA will insure it for $3096 LMAO, for that money I may as well take my chances on a $13000 car! Suncorp will do it for $1300 incl 14 days car hire if needed and lifetime current no claim bonus protection. Still more than I have at this stage without going onto real bad debt.

Lol i got a quote from shannons and he (hes on this forums actually) never asked me any of it.

Look for the insurance thread in general or specfic skyline section which is stickied. Read through that and PM him.

Gdluck.

Lol i got a quote from shannons and he (hes on this forums actually) never asked me any of it.

Look for the insurance thread in general or specfic skyline section which is stickied. Read through that and PM him.

Gdluck.

Thanks heaps mate! I would really like to get with them as I have workmates who have been with them for years who say good things!