SAU Community

Track Day - July 4

MountainRunner

Hi Guys,

The next Track Day is on July 4th. I am running two half days as follows:

8:30 to 12:30 Morning Session: $110

1:00 to 5:00 Afternoon Session: $110

8:30 to 5:00 Full Day $180

You must arrive early as there is now full scrutineering of vehicles. All details in my emails.

I am going to have 4 groups of 10 cars this time to keep the track time maximised.

If you want to join the track day group PM me your email address and I will send you out all the info, rules etc.

For those who have come to the last few events you will be excited (I was anyway) that the timing gear worked perfectly on June 6. It seems (touch wood) that the gremlins have been sorted out.

Paul

Edited by MountainRunner

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats the go with having someone that knows what they are doing (ie instructor of some sort)?

I remember you had it organized last time, but due to numbers or something they had to pull out?

Id be interested if something like that could happen, even if its just someone whos there on the day anyway.

We have guys like Maccattack and EVOCam who put in great lap times. I'm sure these guys and our other gun drivers would be happy to talk about what lines to take etc during the day.

Are they allowed to be in the car while driving tho? I dont mean to be a pain.

Additional costs would just be $55 fer a CAMs licence fer a year and the maintainence of your own car...i just did my first track day on june 6th organised by mountainrunner and i recommend it strongly fer anyone who wants to have some good healthy fun with their cars out on the track...i went there without really knowing anyone but made a few friends and even had advice from a couple of guys who go to the track regularly, best way to learn is to go out on the track and drive...

I had all my fluids and oils checked before track day too..Make sure u have enough meat left on yer brake pads and thread on yer tyres, and brake fluid too....i flushed and filled up with Motul RBF600 just before track day and by the end of it, my brake fluid tank went from max to half...i pretty much exhausted my front brake pads and wore my tyres quite a bit on track day... but that was with getting about 30laps on the day..Last thing u want is to go to track day and end up not being able to enjoy driving on the actual day cuz of problems that could be avoided/rectified before it.... :dry:

Pity i cant make this coming track day...but put me in fer the next one in Sept! Cheers~

I'm going to be at this one... First chance to give the rb25 /32 a proper workout. Should be fun to mix it with the 33's with the same engine.

john: you need a QR license ($60 or so per year) and petrol, but that's the only other cost.

Yea, I went to the June trackday with J-boy, was a great fun!! Met some really nice ppl there, who helped us alot. Really wanna take my car there in the JUly one, but I will be in Mel by then :dry: if there will be a track day in Aug, that would be great. and will the trainning section be held by then?

Try some of the big bike shops ard...like star yamaha n so on...i think HJC has some of the better helmets in the cheaper range...like i saw a few going fer below 200 brand new, full faced n australian standards approved and some are SNELL too, also check out AGV, the arai and shoei all go fer at least 500 onwards or thereabouts. U could also check e-bay fer some good 2nd hand buys, as long as the helmet has no scratches and has never been dropped before, with the structure intact, it could still be a good buy...just make sure u get a helmet which fits snugly....lol i was doing lotsa homework on helmets before so i hope my input helps... :(

I got my helmet secondhand, shoei, couple of years old but real comfortable, for $90 from a bogan out in toowoomba that wanted to sell me some corvette doors lol (toowoomba swap meet).