SAU Community

Anyone Going To Calder Tonight?

Tough R34

hi guys anyone gona take their car for a run tonight??

i wanna see what my car can run.

What safe amount to boost with stock ecu?

3.5" full kakimoto

Avcr boost controler

19" Koya rims

good luck dude :(

should be fun

19" wheels wont help you.. but oh well.. wont hurt too much

hopefully you'll crack the 14sec

let us know how you go

-Ruffels

Hey i did 1/4 mile on my 19's :D, got shit times thou :yes:.

I was working at Calder tonight, spoke to Dezz, was freezing my ass off, at the "T" intersection :), directing ppl to credentials and car park.

SORRY guys i didnt make it, i had my alarm getting installed today and as always nothing gets done on time.

i was shattered and i still have to wait untill tuesday for the alarm.

Is it bad to use my 19s???? I thought the bigger the wheel the more faster you go?

oh yeah i also have a apexi pod filter, if that helps.

Edited by Tough R34

Is it bad to use my 19s???? I thought the bigger the wheel the more faster you go?

oh yeah i also have a apexi pod filter, if that helps.

If that is a serious statement i better set the record straight.

The bigger the wheel, the heavier it is, also the more force/power needed to get it moving. Due to the small profile there is no give in the tyre, thus will break traction more easily. 19's are just for show, they are bad for everything else. I am not bagging you as i also have 19's on my Skyline.

The Apexi pod will not improve anything until you are making over 230rwkw, that's where the std air box becomes a restriction. In fact your pod is probably loosing you some performance, as you probably have it open in the engine bay, free to suck in all that hot air. A pod always should to be enclosed in a custom box with a big cold air feed, from the front bar.

Hope to see ya next time at Calder

emsta: Calder Park Rwy, is just off the Calder Fwy, near Taylors Lakes, Hillside, etc., just before Sunbury.

On a Friday night, it is $20 to spectate and $55 to enter your car. To compete you will need to where long paint, long sleeved top, runners/shoes, and a Helmet (which can be hired).

cool thanks. i was always wondering why i was breaking traction in 2nd once boost is on. hehehe just kidding

ill try look for some stock rims for sale before i hit the track.

NICE BURNOUT
At first i was like "WTF is he talkin about" Then i looked at my post :)

PS: Thanks ;) Compliments of DECA skid pan.

If you are going to buy rims, you'd be better off buying a set of 17 x 9 for the rear. I have a set of 4, 17in rims for sale (mis-matched pairs, great for drag, drift and drag ;) ), rear are new and only been used twice, fronts are s/h and in good condition, $300 for all 4, no tyres :P

Had to upgrade due to my latest Brembo brake upgrade :D.

post-1811-1149864957.jpg

No rush, but i am going to advertise them once i get my replacement rims and the first person with cash will get rims.

Yes, S15 and Skylines have the same stud pattern

SIF 17's are best

smaller the better, more sidewall, more flex, more traction

i has R33 wheels if you want... provided Ronin aint gonna borrow em, crap rubber $150... but yeah... Ronin has dibs if he needs to use them to move his car around :)