SAU Community

N1 Gtr Turbos

as stated many times here.

Its not a question of "how much boost"

Once they stop making power, you know your running as much boost as possible.

Every car is different, its spec is different aswell, and that will determine what is "too much"

I wouldnt use R32 N1's... very primative

i have heard of the pushing 1.5 bars, but that car wasnt seeing boost til 6000rpm i think they guy said. they were newer n1's, not sure if they were 33 or 34 tho

The R32 N1's are getting quite dated now. I think the turbo's start to fall off their efficiency range once you get to around 1.3Bar-1.5Bar, this is when they will simply start to produce more heat than power. On a GTR with all of the matching add on mods, id expect they would max out at around 260AWKW-280AWKW. But the boost level required for this amount of power is a bit to high for regular street use IMO, id say a lazy 240AWKW-250AWKW at 1.1Bar-1.2Bar should be your target.

The R32 N1's are getting quite dated now. I think the turbo's start to fall off their efficiency range once you get to around 1.3Bar-1.5Bar, this is when they will simply start to produce more heat than power. On a GTR with all of the matching add on mods, id expect they would max out at around 260AWKW-280AWKW. But the boost level required for this amount of power is a bit to high for regular street use IMO, id say a lazy 240AWKW-250AWKW at 1.1Bar-1.2Bar should be your target.

I swapped from R32 N1s to R34 N1s when I did my rebuild about 18 months ago

on a stock engine with 3'' zorst, mines ECU and pods I was seeing ~220awkw @ 1 bar

engine was very tired tho (thus the rebuild) - so a strong std motor may do a little better

don't think they would have got to 1.5 bar without fuel/fmic/injector upgrades too

the R34 N1s give me 300awkw @ 1.2 bar - and a solid 270awkw at 1 bar