SAU Community

Gtst With An Rb26?

glaze

Hey Guys, Looking at gettingn into an 95GTST with a RB26, Pwr FC, and a few other little things. Its a melb car no plate "HOTLNE" I am not sure any of you know it but if you do can you give me a heads up and also what problems may i come accross with a RB26 install on a gtst? Thanks.

Hey Guys, Just wondering what problems I may have with a GTST RB26 in it. It has Power Fc and some other things but just want to know what problems I may find. Has anyone who has done it regretted it? Thanks for any info guys, looking at buying a 95 GTST with an RB26.

traction is your only problem. i have driven a 32 gtst with a gtr motor and my current cefiro has a gtr motor and the only problem i have is traction. basically if you dont like to slide i would stick to buying a gtr there a good all round package and definately worth teh extra pennies with comfortable seats and a good 4wd system.

traction is your only problem. i have driven a 32 gtst with a gtr motor and my current cefiro has a gtr motor and the only problem i have is traction. basically if you dont like to slide i would stick to buying a gtr there a good all round package and definately worth teh extra pennies with comfortable seats and a good 4wd system.

Thanks PimpDat. So other than traction, the actual chasis is strong enough? It has a R34GTT GBox in it and good clutch, so the GTST is strong enough for the RB26. No ther issues other than traction cause thats not a problem as I drive my cars every day and like a baby, most of the time.

i dont think the chassis vary's that much it really depends on how well the installation is done, was the conversion done here or over in japan, do they have an engineer cert, have the brakes been upgraded the box will be fine but why has he changed to 34 box from a 33? from memeory arent they the same or close to the same?, anyone know? also diff has it been upgraded, there the only things i can see being a problem find out all the specs first. has the car been rego with the different motor at all?

Dunno if this is the same car or someone has just got the plates of it but might want to have a look at this thread that was around a week or so ago, apparantley the car was written off???

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=120976

The funny thing on that thread is that the guy that was looking for the owner of the green car, is the guy selling this car, he apparently bought the number plates of the green car.The car has been tuned and with RB26 and was installed at Ice Performance, engine out of a 98 R33 Vspec only a few months back. It has been registered with Vic Roads with the new engine and looks and drives pretty good apart from the veilsaide body kit.

Ah ok, Thought that might be the case.

So if I was to get a leak down test and the car fully checked, there really isnt much to worry about that a RB26 is in a GTST. Doesnt the 98 VSpec have steel wheeled turbos?

Nope to the worry or nope to the turbos or both. Thanks nismoid

Nope as NO, they don't come with STEEL WHEEL turbos.

An old member here used to own one, a 33 with RB26 in it. I think he used to call JET something, had title MR KW at auto salon. It was a beast back in the day.

An old member here used to own one, a 33 with RB26 in it. I think he used to call JET something, had title MR KW at auto salon. It was a beast back in the day.

Thanks west, I know what nope meant just wasnt sure to which point. This one drives well so we will see how it goes.

do you mean daves burgandy 33 made 396rwkw from memory.

Edited by PIMP_DAT

The Oyabun used to kick around in a 26 powered 33 - and then the mighty 'Endless' 32. They were both ace. He never had any day to day problems - except traction.

Tell me - HOTLNE... is it green?

RB26 in a GTS-T. It's a good cheap option. If I had my time again I would of dropped a 26 in my 34 and not wasted time with the upgrades, plenty of power and with ease. It's a good option. Don't worry about traction. Car's like mine with 200+ and like Bass Junky's with 250+ break tranction regardless. It won't be an issue, it's more a foot control issue :(

It's a good option. Don't worry about traction. Car's like mine with 200+ and like Bass Junky's with 250+ break tranction regardless. It won't be an issue, it's more a foot control issue :(

I guess its what you prefer more but i disagree, heaps of torque in the gtr motor makes it very hard in a rwd car specially with my 2way. just trying to corner fast means i have too slow down a bit more than and accelerate latter than say a r25 with a big turbo and more lag. thats just what i found but im no expert by all means, and still quite young with driving experience but i would rather have bought a gtr motor in a gtr would have made the driving experience more better personally.

I guess its what you prefer more but i disagree, heaps of torque in the gtr motor makes it very hard in a rwd car specially with my 2way. just trying to corner fast means i have too slow down a bit more than and accelerate latter than say a r25 with a big turbo and more lag. thats just what i found but im no expert by all means, and still quite young with driving experience but i would rather have bought a gtr motor in a gtr would have made the driving experience more better personally.

Thanks guys. No this one is not green but he bought the plates of the guy with the green car. I did have a GTR but blew the engine in a 32. It will be an everyday driver so I wont be cornering at high speeds or need to worry to much about traction, most of the time!!