SAU Community

What Rods To Buy Rb30det

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone help? I have a company here that can make them custom, and I have only found a few companies that make h-beams for them, but I wanted to see if anyone has a set they might like to suggest. Thanks!

Mark B

How much power do you want to make ? the standards go way over 300rwkw

Can anyone list some links to some sites for RB30 performance rods? Thanks.

Mark

RB in USA

Depends on the power target. For over 750 bhp we use Argo (www.argorace.com.au) for up to 750 bhp we use Spool (www.spoolimports.com). Being in the US, you really should have talk to Carrillo (www.carrillorods.com).

:) cheers :wave:

Depends on the power target. For over 750 bhp we use Argo (www.argorace.com.au) for up to 750 bhp we use Spool (www.spoolimports.com). Being in the US, you really should have talk to Carrillo (www.carrillorods.com).

:) cheers :D

Just wondering, why this way around. could the Spool rods take more? or is this just a safe figure?

thanks

Dallas

Edited by Dallas

I use Pauter rods and have absolutely no complaints. Light, tight manufacturing tolerences and will custom make at no extra charge.

see:

pauter.com

Cheers

Gav

Just wondering, why this way around. could the Spool rods take more? or is this just a safe figure?

thanks

Dalals

Hi Dalals, with engine componets I only recommend what I have actually done in real life. I am not going to say "should", or "might", "look good for" etc when it comes to engine components. I have seen an engine with Carrillos make 1100 bhp, and run 1/4's several times. I have actually used the Argo I Beam rods up to 950 bhp so I know that they are good for at least that much. I have only used the Spool H Beam rods up to 750 bhp, so I know they are good to that level. They may well handle more, when we have built an engine with them that makes more, then I will say that they handle more.

When you think about it, 750 bhp is close to 500 rwkw, rods that will do that for the price tha tSpool charges are very good value for my money.

:D cheers :D

Edited by Sydneykid

just a sort of related question..

Spool and Par .. do they have shop fronts in the sydney area?

Shop fronts = big margins (to pay the rent) = retail prices ;)

:) cheers :D

• 2 weeks later...

How trustworthy would a set of custom billet (unforged) titanium rods, based on the rb30 rods plus some beefing up? I have access to some pretty good CNC machines at work and am very tempeted. What about titanium pistons and valves, retainers (oohh I am getting excited again)