SAU Community

Few Pics Of My Dr

datto_boy

Yeah thats the one that was for sale up at Lonsdale SA isnt it.

Car was also on eBay.

I went up and had a look at it where the guy was selling it, looked nice.

Nice buy!

Looks good champ!! What turbo is that that's on it?? Lack of AFM as well, aftermarket ecu???

Its a TO4E

make 15 pounds by about 3500 its pretty decent.

Its got a Motec M4 ECU

Was this car sold on ebay recently? in adelaide?

It was on ebay, but wasn't sold there..

Yeah thats the one that was for sale up at Lonsdale SA isnt it.

Car was also on eBay.

I went up and had a look at it where the guy was selling it, looked nice.

Nice buy!

Cheers.

IM pretty happy, althouth it wasn't as healthy as i thought when i bought it.

thats the one

thats awesome! does it hae a bit of history or is it just painted like the PJ cars?

Its close th the PJ colours, but thats only because he did it.

NO history that i know of. But by the amounts of work/parts on it i may have a had a bit of a history in Japan.

that guy had 2 for sale when i went to have a look he wasent a very good salesman he told me straight up there was no way i would get the ex race one with the rollcage through regency thats a real great sales pich

he was helpfull though. what did you end up paying for it he had something like $10,000 on it when i looked.

the car look absolutly nuts now nice work

Edited by the big JC

Yeah the S12 was pretty nice... Not sure about the Specs of the turbo and not sure if it will stay around too long anyways (the turbo)

I ended up getting it for $8500.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a quick look at that DR when it was plain white, I remember following it up the road one day & it didn't seem to be running so well (very rich & not pulling that hard).

Hopefully you've got it running sweeter now. It's interesting that it's got a MoTec, their not that common in the aftermarket in Japan.

HKS once made a TO4E kit for FJ20ET's , it ued a high rear mount T4 flanged manifold with a small external gate underneath it . The turbos exhaust housing was a HKS special and quite small ie .4x ish AR ratio so that you could get same day boost response . Not positive but I think the turbine was an "O" trim meaning mid trim T4 . Really stretching the memory banks but I believe the comp cover was .50 AR TO4E . For their day they had far greater potential than the std T3 but better things are available now . A GT3037 with the smaller 52 trim compressor would be more responsive and if the integral gate T3 flanged exhaust housing due any day now was used with the std DR30 manifold it goes bolt . The real GT30R which is just the big comp trim GT3037 would be Ok and no less laggy than the dinosaur bush/plate bearing TO4E .

Cheers .

its still not tuned 100% we realised it had a leaky head gasket on the dyno, got a cometic one fitted now.

just put a new clutch in it, changing the diff and it will be back on the dyno.

Yes DP03 .48 rear i think, works fairly well i reckon makes full boost (15 psi) by 3500 and im confedent it will make over 200kws this time round.. (made 170 with a fair few issues last time)

As you said this turbo is less laggy than my old T3 on my other FJ..