SAU Community

R34 S1 & S2

Thanks for the link but there is still more info im after, my r34 is a s1 but has a different steering wheel to all those i have seen in pics, it is mostly black but has silver bits, its a four spoke and is a momo, but it looks totaly factory it even has srs airbag writen on it?????? im also sure there is differences with the tail lights between s1 ans s2 coupes ??????not sure but i think s2 may have blinker below the round lights(similar to r33 style)?????

can anyone confurm this????

post up pics of your steering wheel...I doubt its standard..AFAIK, the tail lights are the same S1 and S2.only difference is between coupe and sedan tail lights...sedan have the blinkers below the stove lights...

I dont think theres much difference between s1 and s2 r34 only minor differences. Such as steering wheel, colour of the car (eg can only get bayside blue in s2), front bar, the lettering on the engine cover is not painted etc. As for the tail lights im pretty sure they are identical? Never really notice any differences....

The MOMO steering wheel is definitely not standard. Nissan never use MOMO steering wheels as standard items. Correct me if i'm wrong.

The rear lights are exactly the same too. The gearknob Might be a little different. The colour of the 3 gauges are different too i think? Is there an R34 Series 3?

The MOMO steering wheel is definitely not standard. Nissan never use MOMO steering wheels as standard items. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah, you're wrong :) - R33s came with a Momo airbag option. Very rare but I know someone on SAU has one.

Nissan Press Release

August 28, 2000

Skyline and Skyline GT-R Undergo Minor Model Change

Tokyo -- Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the domestic release of the Skyline following the execution of a minor model change. The Skyline GT-R has also undergone a minor model change and will be released throughout Japan on October 30.

The current generation of the Skyline was developed around the concept of “an authentic sports sedan and coupe that abound with a sensation of stellar performance derived from a thorough pursuit of driving pleasure.” Ever since its release in May 1998, the Skyline has won resounding acclaim for its superlative handling, stability and power performance, among other outstanding attributes.

As part of this minor model change, the exterior styling was reworked especially around the front-end, including the grille and bumper, to create a more refined design. On the inside, a sporty interior ambience has been achieved largely by changing the seat cloth and by adopting aluminium sport pedals, black and silver genuine leather coverings on the steering wheel and shift lever knob, an iridium silver centre console and silver-coloured instrumentation.

In the area of performance, models fitted with the RB25DET turbo engine and the 5-speed manual transmission deliver sportier driving performance. This is partly the result of augmented power performance due to higher engine torque, which has been raised to 363 N-m (37.0 kg-m) at 3200 rpm, up from 343 N-m (35.0 kg-m) at 3200 rpm. Another contributing factor is an enhanced shift feel resulting from shorter shift lever travel and increased shifter stiffness.

Two attractive new body colours, Sparkling Silver Metallic and Dark Metal Blue Metallic, have been added to the body colour selection, and Bay Side Blue Metallic, which was previously adopted for the GT-R and some Coupe grades, is now available on all Skyline models.

post up pics of your steering wheel...I doubt its standard..AFAIK, the tail lights are the same S1 and S2.only difference is between coupe and sedan tail lights...sedan have the blinkers below the stove lights...

the steering wheel looks like a genuine nissan/momo wheel for sure, but it my be off another model nissan as reggi34dr said ''it may be off a stagea''????????

i will take a pic of the steering wheel tomorrow and post it it up so you guys can take a look at it...

what dates did s1 end, and what date did s2 start??????

what you said about the tail lights makes sense.

anyone know about the skyline embosed between the tail lights?

mine is s1 and the ''skyline'' lettering is pressed in to the bar....but i do have that huge factory nismo kit on the car....

You'll also find the series 2 has a few things missing off of it compared to series 1. For example series 2 don't have a lockable glovebox unless it's a GTR and in the rear where the seatbelts are there is no guide for the seatbelt to run along in the series 2.

my s2 has

auto headlight

6 speakers sound system

different seat trim, steering wheel with a "S" on it

compare to andrew's R34 s1

not sure if they are option or stock on S2

post-1416-1151111828.jpgpost-1416-1151111882.jpgpost-1416-1151111941.jpgpost-1416-1151111828.jpgpost-1416-1151111852.jpg

the steering wheel looks like a genuine nissan/momo wheel for sure, but it my be off another model nissan as reggi34dr said ''it may be off a stagea''????????

i will take a pic of the steering wheel tomorrow and post it it up so you guys can take a look at it...

what dates did s1 end, and what date did s2 start??????

what you said about the tail lights makes sense.

anyone know about the skyline embosed between the tail lights?

mine is s1 and the ''skyline'' lettering is pressed in to the bar....but i do have that huge factory nismo kit on the car....

here are the pics of my steering wheel on r34 99model

post-1416-1151111906.jpg

post-1416-1151111987.jpg

my s2 has

auto headlight

6 speakers sound system

different seat trim, steering wheel with a "S" on it

compare to andrew's R34 s1

not sure if they are option or stock on S2

my 99model also had the 6 speaker set up, so it must have been an option on s1 and s2...

maxx

by auto headlight do you mean the dial on the lower right hand side of the dash that lets you turn the head lights up or down, or do you mean fully automatic? cause my 99model also has the dial to turn them up and down.

You'll also find the series 2 has a few things missing off of it compared to series 1. For example series 2 don't have a lockable glovebox unless it's a GTR and in the rear where the seatbelts are there is no guide for the seatbelt to run along in the series 2.

my series1 glovebox is not lockable...but it does have the rear seatbelt guides.

my 99model also had the 6 speaker set up, so it must have been an option on s1 and s2...

maxx

by auto headlight do you mean the dial on the lower right hand side of the dash that lets you turn the head lights up or down, or do you mean fully automatic? cause my 99model also has the dial to turn them up and down.

fully automatic with light sensor, depends on the brightness it will turn the parker or front light on itself

With light sensor?? Ok i've honestly not seen a 99 GTT with that option in my entire life! Must be really rare.

The MOMO steering wheel as well. What other 'goodies' does the Series 2 have? :)

post-1416-1151111828.jpgpost-1416-1151111882.jpgpost-1416-1151111941.jpgpost-1416-1151111828.jpgpost-1416-1151111852.jpg

here are the pics of my steering wheel on r34 99model

what do you guys think of the momo steering wheel on my r34? anyone got any info on wheather its an option? or been put on my car from another nissan?