SAU Community

Os Giken Twin Plate Users

Hi all

I have a TS2CD OS giken twin plate clutch in my skyline, and was wondering if anyone out there using a OS giken twin has a vibration from 1000-2000rpm, not there at very light loads, but otherwise it is?

I just want to know if I can cancel it out and start looking at uni's/centre bearings etc (because I heard twin plates rattle somewhat)

Thanks lads

they only rattle when your foot is on the clutch (that is the sandwhich plates rattle in the carrier).

I've had 2 OS clutches in the GTR. first an OS triple plate, and now and OS twin and neither did what you are describing. that's not to say it's not the clutch, but it's certainly not meant to be like that.

No vibrations in my OSG twin plate.

Mine rattles when the gearbox is in neutral and there is no pressure on the pedal. As soon as I touch the clutch pedal, the pressure plate has load and the intermediate plate stops rattling. Obviously in gear and clutch up, it doesn’t rattle either as there is plenty of load on the intermediate plate.

:D cheers :wub:

Mine rattles when the gearbox is in neutral and there is no pressure on the pedal. As soon as I touch the clutch pedal, the pressure plate has load and the intermediate plate stops rattling. Obviously in gear and clutch up, it doesn’t rattle either as there is plenty of load on the intermediate plate.

:) cheers :dry:

same here!

:( cheers ;)

really? is that a push type? cause mine is silent when there is no pressure on the pedal in neutral. as soon as i put my foot on the pedal (disengaging the clutch) the intermediate plates (it's a triple) start rattling. It's the same with the new twin plate. foot on the clutch = plates rattle in the carrier. no foot on clutch = no rattle.

As does mine, yet Snowman's Jim Berry rattles the way SK describes it. Baffled me too when I heard it.

yeah the two nismo twins i've heard in R34 and R33 GTRs were both the oposite. they were noisy when off the peddle, quiet when on the pedal. so i would say it's to do with the pull type clutch vs the 32s push type.

I think maybe SK got it around the wrong way??

No I haven't, I very quickly got sick of people walking up to me when it was idling in neutral and telling me to turn my engine off because of the big end rattle. I make them go away by pushing the clutch in and the rattling promptly stops.

:nyaanyaa: cheers :laugh:

yeah the two nismo twins i've heard in R34 and R33 GTRs were both the oposite. they were noisy when off the peddle, quiet when on the pedal. so i would say it's to do with the pull type clutch vs the 32s push type.

I'm guessing you are talking about Kris's and Nick's cars? They are using coppermix clutches which have a different setup to most twin plates. Both clutch plates drive a single hub. They rattle less than the normal types on idle, but they do rattle a bit under light load.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

I have a TS2CD OS giken twin plate clutch in my skyline, and was wondering if anyone out there using a OS giken twin has a vibration from 1000-2000rpm, not there at very light loads, but otherwise it is?

I just want to know if I can cancel it out and start looking at uni's/centre bearings etc (because I heard twin plates rattle somewhat)

Thanks lads

Yeah i actually have this problem. I remember reading somewhere on this site of other skylines with similar problems. I can't remember what the fix was but i don't think this problem was directly related to the clutch. Although maybe it is.