SAU Community

Email Notification Subject

The subject for email notifications no longer reflects the name of the thread that it's notifying about. Is this by design?

Also, in the thread list view, rolling over the subject used to display a tool tip with a preview of the text in the post. That hasnt worked for a while either.

Just though I'd let you guys know.. Cheers! :D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that the old style way of thread notification was much better as it allowed for the emails to be sorted by thread name, now they are all just sorted as one and you have to go through each one.

Rather than starting a new thread...

I haven't been getting email notifications for months (since the upgrade a few months ago I think) I've checked every setting and had Merli go through them with me but still no emails came.

It might have something to do with me changing my registered email address for here just a few days before the upgrade.

Anyway, now I seem to be getting emails for every single new thread made in For sale parts for some bizarre reason. As you can imagine that's a lot of spam.

thanks.

adam.

Rather than starting a new thread...

I haven't been getting email notifications for months (since the upgrade a few months ago I think) I've checked every setting and had Merli go through them with me but still no emails came.

It might have something to do with me changing my registered email address for here just a few days before the upgrade.

Anyway, now I seem to be getting emails for every single new thread made in For sale parts for some bizarre reason. As you can imagine that's a lot of spam.

thanks.

adam.

I used to get 250 emails a day from reply notifications from wh0retown! lol

and yes having to sort it was easy enough, but not now :D

Ahh thanks for that.

I now see that in the options button up the top of a thread there is no option to subscribe to the thread only, it subscribes to the whole forum. You actually have to post and tick the box to be subscribed to a thread.

Ahh thanks for that.

I now see that in the options button up the top of a thread there is no option to subscribe to the thread only, it subscribes to the whole forum. You actually have to post and tick the box to be subscribed to a thread.

If you click on "track this topic" it subscribes you to just that topic.

should be at the top of the options listing.

-

Damone

• 2 weeks later...