SAU Community

In The Market For R34

hey ya'll

now i am 22 and in the market for a r34 GT-T, i have wanted one since i was in high skool and am now in the position to be able to affored one. i have already sorced the insurence for 1300, with a 1400 excess(bit high) but thats what ya get with a import i guess

i have had an astra sri turbo before and loved it but it was a bit of a lemon, nothing ever went right

anyway

any help you guys could give me, eg what to look for in a good r34. i am hoping to buy it with wheels and an exhaust already on it, maybe lowered, but these mods usually constitute that the car has had a hard life, e.g been floged around.

this is my first import i am thinking of buyin and i have herd some horror storyies.

any help would be great

thanks

Jake

Edited by Jaker34

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take your time and dont rush into it!!!!! it took me 6 months before i bought mine. i nearly bought a lemon, but something (god) was on my side, i ended up buying my 34 from brisbane and deliverd it to melb, and im glad i done it.

my car came with everything, 19's, full exhaust, coilovers, bodykit, Power FC & A-vcr. i payed $31k i was wrapped, and the guy had it for sale at $35k for around 4 months.

im loving it, petrol hurts a little but the power refreshs your memory.

I DONT REGRET IT AT ALL!!

just remember PATIENCE is the key :cheers:

good luck on your journey

cheers

steve

Just a question that I've always wanted to ask that Jaker34 might find useful as well.....

I've always been under the impression that the best place to look for newly imported R34s (or any imports) is in Brisbane & the Gold Coast area.

Is there any truth to that? I'll also be in the market for a GT-t later this year hopefully and I intend to go where it's best to go :cheers:

Just a question that I've always wanted to ask that Jaker34 might find useful as well.....

I've always been under the impression that the best place to look for newly imported R34s (or any imports) is in Brisbane & the Gold Coast area.

Is there any truth to that? I'll also be in the market for a GT-t later this year hopefully and I intend to go where it's best to go :P

That's not entirely true. You can find a newly imported R34 in Sydney or melbourne too. It really depend on the car itself and not the location. Maybe you thought about it this way as Queensland is the first port of call for transport ships coming in from Japan :angry:

yeah im waitin about 6 months

i dont have the money yet but im savin like carazy

no goin out for me

but im lookin now and im thinking of travelin to sydney coz they seem to be a bit cheaper down there

Edited by Jaker34

I picked mine up on import, stock as a rock bar the exhaust & it was WELL below the prices you normally see. If you want a bargain then that's the way to go... I trust previous Japanese drivers far over Aussies :blink:

dont u have to get it totally stock before you can get it complienced??

Yes, if the car that you import has some modifacations then the workshop that is complying your car will have to replace the mods with stock parts for it to be able to get complied. Seems like your fairly new to importing a car, my advice is to do alot of research first it would make your first importing process alot more easier. As the others have said, you have to be patient dont jump on the first one that comes across cause you dont want to be dissapointed. Took me 3 months before I found mine, just ask if you have anymore Qs.

Edited by JUNR34

yeah

dont worry guys, im not an impulse buyer. i always do my research. i have a mate that works down the port who had his car imported, so im just gunna have a talk to him, see who he went through and then see what happeneds.

im in no rush, i get a free car from work so its not like i need it lol. i just want it haha

the work car is pretty handy, i had that too.

As JUNR34 said be patient.

Even when you think your ready, be cautious. I was ready to buy November last year but i waited for the right one to come along and it did, might of been about 4 or 5 months later but its worth the wait when you find it doesnt have problems after you drive away with it.

also

if u import a car that has some mods, does it cost you to get them to put the original stuff back on .

and will they then put the mods back of after it is complied of will u have to do that yourself.

Here's mine. PUrchased more than a year ago from Motorman Imports in QLD. Strongly recommend them if you are after a clean import. They have heaps of 34s. I'm pretty lucky as I haven't had any dramas with it even after driving it 30Ks later still drives like new and mileage is awesome. Trick is to find a clean example and keep up the regular maintainence ie oil chges every 5000k etc...

post-6973-1153471230.jpg

hey guys

looks like i might be gettin the car sooner then later

id rather get it now, and save to pay back my mum rather then wait

so im gunna fly to ACT and take a look at this one. seems like a resonable deal and come with a warrenty and 12 months rego and resonably low Ks. what ya think??

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/&a...amp;sort_type=1

Edited by Jaker34

if your buying a car straight off an importer, ask to see the AUCTION sheet, which shows the millage of the car when it left japan. no sheet = no buy if you ask me.

make sure you get a mechanic to check it over..

Steering wheel and seat look like they have a bit of wear and tear.. hmm.. 50k seems right.. (maybe)

Edited by Links

thanks guys,

dont worry im gettin all that stuff, plus a full RACQ test on the car

im flyin down on sunday to test drive it and check it over.

it is through aussie car compliance, and i looked em up on a few forums and they seem to have a good rep

esspecially the guy im dealin with, his name is joel

anyway so prolly bout 2 weeks i will have joined the skyline ranks hey whoo

Edited by Jaker34