SAU Community

In The Market For R34

if your buying a car straight off an importer, ask to see the AUCTION sheet, which shows the millage of the car when it left japan. no sheet = no buy if you ask me.

Even if the car comes with an auction sheet you cant be sure the Kms are genuine. When importing a car from Jap you just have to accept the fact that the car's speedo might have been tampered with, thats why you cant really rely on the millage.

Jaker34 the silver 34 looks nice goodluck with it mate, make sure you dont buy a lemon.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks Jun

i already had a mega lemon with my last car so im hoping that my bad luck is gone with car ey.

Joel, the guy sellin the car seems pritty lagit and has had no problems carring out all the test on the car i have asked for.

he sent me the action sheet and was a grade 4 car when it left japan and the KMs to me seem genuine for the look of the car.

i am getting a RACQ test, they are called something different in ACT but im gettin that done at no charge to me, and he is most likely going to ship it up to brisbane for the price we agreed on which was 25 000 flat. im flying down next saturday to test drive and view the car. i live in brissy by the way. there is really nothing up here that is even as close to the quality of this car including KMs and body.

i dont mind traveling do see it, so hopefully by the end of next week ill own it. im excited.

Edited by Jaker34

Just noticed the pics of the one is ACT you're lookin at. Just be aware that it has snow/winter tyres on it, and may have been used on salted roads, = rust. JDM cars don't have good rust protection, and it usually festers between panels to come out and bite you a couple of years down the track.

thanks man

nar the act car is off,

lookin in brissy now, found a few nice ones, bit outta my price range, but ill try and talk em down, i got the cash so its not like im bull shitin em.

Edited by Jaker34

oh yeah

im not borrowin the cash anymore,

i eneded up earning enuff this year in my family company to be able to afford the car under the company, which is mega sweet, low repayment costs and ill own it in 3 years or so. so thats awsome

its under a lease agreement.

hey all

just checked out that R34 over at SM, its a piece of crap, the guy pritty much came out and told me it came from japan with no front bar and no head lights, the hood didnt open properly, which is why i think it was involved in an accident.

it had interior panels missing, brake and clutch pedals were mssing down to the metal, seat was worn, and stains on left hand seat. and he was asking 30 000 for it. rust on the pipe from the intercooler. not a good one at all

anyway just thought id let ya know, watch out for that one.

dont get it its been in a crash just lettin ya know

I know of one company that lets you lease cars that are 8 years old at the end of their lease, so you could potentially lease a 2001 model R34 for 2-3 years (or a 1998 model for a bit over a year)

yeah ive found one

its a 98 with 30 000 on it, genuine 2, had it checked, but he already has a byer he promised the car.

the thing is the buyer doesnt have his money and i do, he didnt lay down a deposit or nuffin. nice car, the wheels are a bit old skool

the other good thing is he lives like down the road from me, i never seen it driving around so i know he hassnt drivin it much.

had a jap head unit in it tho and all the buttons are in jap, no big deal tho.

im so hopin that the other buyer drops out, coz i got the money and deposit waitin for him. i been hasselin him a bit so im just gunna let it ride now. coz when im in the market for a car and dealer hassel me i get pissed off lol.

anyway crossin my fingers hey thats it down the bottom, see what i mean by the wheels. they do look better in real life,

post-30506-1153839262.jpg

Edited by Jaker34

id rather not say man.

but its between 26 000 and 28 000 we have agreed on a price, i said i would match the price of the other buyer if it falls through

so yeah see what happeneds, he gave the guy till friday so hopefully it will drop out

Even if the car comes with an auction sheet you cant be sure the Kms are genuine. When importing a car from Jap you just have to accept the fact that the car's speedo might have been tampered with, thats why you cant really rely on the millage.

Jaker34 the silver 34 looks nice goodluck with it mate, make sure you dont buy a lemon.

its not just to do with milleage although if there is a question mark next to the kays then you got to be sus.. the auction inspections are very thorough, they normally outline if there has been accident damage ect..

hey guys

the guy with the white r34 sold it to the other guy which sux

im goin to view a black one over the weekend it has 56 000 on the clock tho which isnt to bad hes askin 29 500 tho and for 56 000 i dont think that suits so i offered him 26 000

see how it pans out

hey guys

goin to sydney on sunday, i think i got this one in the bag, its from aussie car complience the sponser of this site

joel is flyin me down to see it and test drive it. nice one with only 38 000 on it,

stock as a rock tho

but thats ok

hey guys

goin to sydney on sunday, i think i got this one in the bag, its from aussie car complience the sponser of this site

joel is flyin me down to see it and test drive it. nice one with only 38 000 on it,

stock as a rock tho

but thats ok

I don't think you can lease cars if they aren't brand new.

I'm still willing to sell mine.

Without those headlights of course :blush:

Jaker34, for someone not in a hurry, you seem to be working hard!!

not in a hurry

just found a few that suit me thats all

no use in passin up a chance to have the one i want u know

and joel is pritty awsome he called me to come have a look which is sweet.

and gave me a good price which i wont mention lol

hey ya'll

Im Pritty EXCITED!!!

put a deposit down on my 34 today. white one, from aussie car complience, went down today and test drove and pritty much pulled it apart checked everything. plugs, filters and fluids were all changed when it hit aussieland brand new. the only thing was that it didnt have a gear nob, they floged it at the dock, but joel is givin me an aftermarket chrome one so thats sweet.

alarm and turbo timer, panasonic mp3 player and alpine componet speakers in the front and coax's in the back,

Short Shifter and aftermarket locked diff and some eyelids

umm i think thats about it. everything else was standard which is a good thing. first thing is the exhaust which is $940 mild steel tho, painted with stainless cat and cannon. so not 2 bad. im contemplating savin the extra cash and gettn a full stainless but we'll see.

and a pod as well, think im gunna get the blitz pack that comes with the heat sheild. so that should work out pritty well.

Joel was awsome, i reccomend him highly, he let me pritty much pull the car apart and he never said a word. let the quality of the car speak for itself. he flew me down to view the car and back no charge, and shouted me lunch haha

so now i am just waiting for my new ride to arrive once i get payment through to him through my business. he said it should be mid week next week which is awsome. i bet its gunna feel like 2 months haha

i never knew that 34s had so much balls. i had never drivin one hard until today and i was suprised man it was awsome. and with the locked diff u could really feel it punch u into your seat.

anyway this is gettin to long so thats it

hope to be seein some of ya's on a crusie soon ey

Jake