SAU Community

Drift For Dummies

R31Nismoid

i think its because the surface is more grippy..?

i think it was more because it was so rough, where as the skid pan is flat and smooth, that basketball court was just ashpalt, the kind of shit that tears ur knees and hands apart when you fall over playing basketball at school during lunch :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also used my everyday tires but their wear is entirely my fault as i was fairly smoking it up. Its mainly the outside of my passenger side tires that copped it so ill just switch them round and keep the wear on the inside

Dezz - i didnt take it as having a go :) dont worry.

Its graded surface as opposed to the polish concrete on the skid pan.

So grippy indeed, but wet you'd think would've reduced it. It did, but not enough as we had first thought.

Dezz - i didnt take it as having a go :P dont worry.

Its graded surface as opposed to the polish concrete on the skid pan.

So grippy indeed, but wet you'd think would've reduced it. It did, but not enough as we had first thought.

also, another pointer, by the time my group (group A) got over there, it was getting pretty dry as the first 2 groups had already had their shot on it...and it was a bit sunnier as well :)

Ye, the truck ran outta water :)

We will be sitting down with the intructors in the next couple of weeks to go over every angle. So expect the new one to be similar, but very very much improved :P

foz out

lmfao...

as everyone has said, thanks to all the organisers for the day.. I had an awesome time also.

And ash, my tyres were fine all day until the wet course where I destroyed my left rear tyre (because I kept drifting in the same direction) and chopped up the front left tyre a little from understeering....

which leads me to my question: Can doing what we were doing yesterday alter the cars alignment?

Because my car is now pulling really hard to the left, sam and taco might have noticed on the ride home.

I don't know for sure if it's an uneven tyre wear thing yet (as one side is more worn than the other) as I haven't put my old tyres back on yet, but when I let the car counter steer it'self.. by letting go of the wheel it was hitting opposite lock quite hard (don't know if this could affect it or not)...

mines a bit to the left, but nothing violent like yours sounds rylan...

it was out about the same amount before doing this thing, so yeah, maybe you were unlucky ?

yeah, well before mine went ever so slightly to the right cos my castor's little f**ked, but now I have to actually hold it straight..and the minute my hand starts getting tired..... <-----

maybe it's nothing, I'll start complaining if it still happens after my proper tyres come back on...

mine pulls more to the left too n i only just got a wheel alignment.

But if u notice it pulls more on some roads more than others so it might have just been a crappy part of shep's roads

next time do you think i should take the munro onto the d4d thingo ???

considering my handbrake barely slows the car down etc ...

ummm

hang on, i dont think ill do that, nope ...

ill be signing up as an sau - ee after i get a bit more of my car sorted out ... so ill be pissing off ppl most likely ... and hear whispers on "what the hell is that peice of crap doing here'

hehe

bring on deca btw ... i have a helmet, booyah

this was my first ever sau event, had a great time thanks to organisers. definatley getting a locked diff before the next one though. think a lot of people were struggling with open diffs. even the instructors were struggling with getting 33's with stock diffs going. great day though, be good if it wasnt so far away.

thanks again.

who was the guy with the white 33, series 2, that had the problem in the morning with the stock wheel being wobbly?

Spoke to you a few times, but never caught your name, or user name :P

yeah that was me. left the spacers on how embarrasing :P i put them in friday night in the dark. lucky someone told me though, it would have come off otherwise. what were you driving dezz met so many people cant remember any names.

yeah that was me. left the spacers on how embarrasing :P i put them in friday night in the dark. lucky someone told me though, it would have come off otherwise. what were you driving dezz met so many people cant remember any names.

dezz had a black series 2 with gtr wing and stock rims

Does anyone have any photos of my car (white S14a) by any chance? I was the one who ran over about 2000 cones on the "free for all" run at the end of the day due to lack of coordination haha

If anyone has any pics/video's i'd be keen to see!!

Great pics BTW :P

Theo

Edited by madgrk

What a tops weekend...

Although it was a fairly cold day i think everyone enjoyed themselves and was great to see some new faces getting out there and giving it a really good go..

Thanx to those that gave me a ride through out the day was tops.. Geoff your GTR sideways was super cool :wub:

Poiter bad luck mate hope it’s nothing more serious than the obvious fix.. Time for a super aluminium radiator :action-smiley-069:

And again top work ash on the bbq as always…

Also Big thanx to James for the lift up and Sam for the ride home thanx guys…

I had an awesome day, even though my diff only let me do single spinners all day and that's about it. Most of the instructors were awesome, expecially Matt Sampson from Fulllock Motorsport who i learnt way too much stuff which is gona get me into big trouble =)

Thanx to the organisers, cant wait for the next one.