SAU Community

Where To Service...

IMPORTD

Hello everyone :rofl:

New member here, just bought myself a Stagea 1997 Black **previously silver**

Just wondering if anyone here can recommend a good place to get her serviced in or around the Rockingham area.

Thankyou :yes:

Kylie

Hmm.. Just done a little looking and found these ones..

Pure Grunt Hi-Performance Centre

81B Dixon Rd Rockingham WA 6168

ph: (08) 9592 8100

Kwinana Performance

South Of The River Performance Shop

10 Arkwright Rd Rockingham WA, 6168

Australia - (08) 9529 3636

I think you will find the best places are up around Perth for tuning and performance modifications, Hyper Drive would be my pick of the bunch, It would be a bit of a drive for you but would be well worth it, Ken is a Skyline nut and also sponsors this club!

Even if your looking for a normal service it pays to get it done by people that work on these cars every day. (Might cost an extra few $$ but its worth it.)

http://www.hyperdrivems.com.au/

Give him a call and see what he says! Nice honest bloke with an awesome reputation.

Hi Kylie,

Oh deary - another Rocko-ite :rofl:

I used to live in rocko - and I wouldn't trust my car to ANYONE down there for what its worth. Use a workshop up Perth way :yes:

Hope that helps,

I wouldnt go to either of those workshops previously mentioned... they are mostly into your holdens and fords from what I've seen.

21st Century did my 100,000km service they were pretty good, and another friend has taken his skyline there aswell and had a good experience also.

Otherwise, take it to somewhere up closer to civilisation.

(I also am previous rockingham resident).

i live in rockingham i would recomend xspeed over most guys but depends wat u need done i got kwinana performance to do my soarer and they did it fine but mt skyline only gets done by xspeed

basic services are very easy to do yourself once you know how. This saves some money and gives you a growing amount of confidence as you go when it comes to thing mechanical.

You may be able pursade a friendly south of the river SAU person to change oil , check plugs etc. for a beer wage .

Watch and learn. Then give it a go the next time with a bit of supervision.

As it was once said. What I hear I forget , What I see I remember and What I do I understand.

Yes well after hearing $150 for an oil change I think I'm gonna be calling on my brother to help me out lol

I need the boost gauge connected up as the guy who sold it to me disconnected it...F*k knows why!!

And need to get them to check the SAFC is all ok :(

Thanks all, its good to know I can get advice/help here!

:D

Kylie

boost gauge should be easy to do your self and as for safc i'd leave that for the pros oil change on cars that are imports are always over priced it's a joke

Yes well after hearing $150 for an oil change I think I'm gonna be calling on my brother to help me out lol

I need the boost gauge connected up as the guy who sold it to me disconnected it...F*k knows why!!

And need to get them to check the SAFC is all ok :cheers:

Thanks all, its good to know I can get advice/help here!

:laugh:

Kylie

Yes Kylie but what oil are you using?

Last time I priced Auto one or even Coventrys full synthetic Mobil oil was $65 per 5L and a Nissan filter was $15.

Based on that then the balance has to cover oil disposal , getting the car on the hoist , checking all fluids under the car , tyre pressures, check all supension, brake pads , lights , hoses , give a report and small top ups such as power steering fluid etc.

Yep , these import shops are a ripoff if all they are doing is changing the oil but if it's a minor service ( which is what the above is classed as at our shop then I think that's reasonable value. Actually we charge $150 plus GST for the above.

Cheers

Ken

Hi Ken,

Before I had rung hyperdrive, I read on the forums that that was how much it cost to get the oil changed. (it was a comment in general, no mention of which shop and where)

I had my PT Cruiser (don't laugh) serviced just before I sold it and that was $189 and was oil and other fluid checks. :cheers: So I don't think you're a rip off at all. In actual fact I've never said anything about it being a rip off or need someone cheap.

I'm a firm believer in, 'you get what you pay for'

Oh and I ended up putting in Motul turbolight - because someone recommended I use a 10W40 oil on the type of driving I do. Had nothing to do with price.

I hope this clears up what seems to me as a misunderstanding.

My brother speaks very highly of the work you do and I do trust his judgement :laugh:

Regards,

Kylie

PS... was that you I met on Friday (me with the squealing belt)

Sorry Kylie , wasn't meant to be a dig back at you , just stating the facts of what we do as opposed to some other shops that may only change the oil and filter and not use a full synthetic.

Yes , I was the old fart who originally looked at the belts and then Andrew came out and put some stuff on.

:P:dry:

Cheers

Ken

Sorry Kylie , wasn't meant to be a dig back at you , just stating the facts of what we do as opposed to some other shops that may only change the oil and filter and not use a full synthetic.

Yes , I was the old fart who originally looked at the belts and then Andrew came out and put some stuff on.

:P:dry:

Cheers

Ken

Just out of curiousity what did you use for the squeaky belts ? :(

Good to see another rocko-ite too. Im from Warnbro myself and recommend taking the drive to hyperdrive to get work done. Minor servicing i do myself now because its a few bucks cheaper, but more to the point its a bit far to take it for something i can do myself.

If you need to get stuff done like tune your SAFC like i did, hyperdrive is your best bet i reckon, dont ever trust your car with a local mechanic as you'll probably only get a half done job and your car thrashed. Good thing about places like hyperdrive is i know they're not going to thrash my car cos im sure they see 15 better cars each day, why would they want to thrash my car :P