SAU Community

Canary Problems

Mick

Nissan Skyline R33 GTST

Hey i was wondering if people here can help me, i got the dreaded yellow sticker the other day and it requires i get a RWC and then take it to VicRoads to get removed. Now im more than a little worried about goin for a RWC and here is why, well first off the list of nedded attention that was wrfiten on the sheet is Tyres, Horn, Park Lamps, Ground Height and Air Filter, now ive fixed these all up already but when i put the standard airbox back on the snorkle thingy wouldnt fit on because the FMIC pipe are in the way, i was told that im not alowed to have the FMIC on by the police and they said i will get a fine from epa in the mail and he didnt write it on the list, but i rang the epa and i was told that you can either have a FMIC or a Pod Filter and not both, which is why i put the stock airbox back on, so does anyone know if it will pass without the air snorkle thing on ??

Anyways i have a BOV and boost controller on and i still have the stock ones in my room so i can just put them back on temporarily and the same with a few other things, But one main thing im worried about is my drivers seat, its a Bride fixed back fiberglass one and i have a harness, its installed properly on bride rails but im not sure if its legal or not and unfortinatly i dont have the original seat to put back in it, i have the normal seat belt that i can put back in but does anyone know if the seat will pass ??

Also does anyone know if they will drive it when i go to get aq RWC for it ?? and will VicRoads drive it also ??

The reason im asking is because i have a screamer pipe on it and i dont reckon they will notice it unless they drive the car, i have the stock dump pipe still but its such a damn pain in the ass to change. Someone here must have had toi take there car to vicroads to get a canary removed b4, did they test drive the car ??

Anyways thats about it, there are quite a few other things but i still have the stock parts to put back on it so im good there. So if anyone can answer any of my questions i would be gratefull.

Thankyou.

Just a quick one, what would be best - EBC Green Yellow or Red Stuff

ok the air box should pass without snorkal, and ebc greens are better for street not too sure about you seat

tho , carnt really see it being too much of an issur i guess as long as on seat is reclinable . i guess put it all back to stockish and see how you go then.

GOOD LUCK :D

Hey thanks for that, makes me feel a bit better about taking it in ..

The seat isnt reclinable, its a fiberglass fixed back race shell.

As long as the seat is ADR approved, you'll be right, but you'll have to find out from the manufacturer. Although if it's a fibrglass racing seat, it's probably been stamped with track use only, in which case, put the old seat back in.

Screemer pipes are illegal, as they dont let the exhaust gasses pass through the cat. I am not sure if you will get away with it as Vic Roads are usually switched on to those things as they look out for them. Just might wanna dodgy somthing up to hide the pipe that goes nowhere.

ok cool thanks for the tip, i have the stock pipe so i can put it back on .. Does anyone know if Vic Roads will actually want to drive the car, from what ive been lead to beleive is that they will just give it a quick visual check over to make sure the RWC is good.

Also does anyone know if a Bride seat is ADR approved ?