SAU Community

Looking To Buy A Skyline..

I have been looking to buy a skyline but i dont know that much about cars and what to look for in a skyline etc, this will be my frist car i am looking at maybe a gts-t r33. Money isn't really a issue, Willing to spend about $30,000, looking for any tips for my car hunting. Thz in advance

531gh4.th.jpg

1995 Nissan Skyline R33 GTST (Turbo)

5 Speed Manual

Full Bodykit (side, front, rear spolier)

19"inch BSA rims

Big front mount intercooler

Garret T04 turbo

FattX Turbo Timer (Blitz electronic tunning system)

Turbosmart Supersonic Blow Off Valve (soft + Hard options)

3"inch turbo/intercooler piping setup(black)

Exhaust system, 5"inch tip

Boost Controller setup (just add controller)

Power chipped

Limited Slip Differential (LSD)

Anti-sway bars (front + back)

Splitfire Boost guage

Autometer Water temperature guage

Mono Racing steering wheel

Type R racing pedals

Code Alarm

Sony head unit

Pioneer speakers + Splits

Boss Amplifier 1200watt 4 channel

Advanced Xeleration Sports seat covers (blue)

Full electrics

And they only want $14,000 for it

Edited by Rhino362

I have been looking to buy a skyline but i dont know that much about cars and what to look for in a skyline etc, this will be my frist car i am looking at maybe a gts-t r33. Money isn't really a issue, Willing to spend about $30,000, looking for any tips for my car hunting. Thz in advance

30g will get you a very clean r33 and pay for insurance if its your first car.

make sure you get it checked out by an import mechanic and do a REVS check before u buy. that car looks like a great deal if its in good shape.

but yea.. shop around and make sure u get anything u are serious about buying checked out first. plenty of 33s to choose from. for 18 grand you can pick up a nice clean 33.

id be finding out what sort of computer hes got. it says power chipped. im not sure what power chips there are for skylines and if they do much. that turbo timer is not an electrnic tuning system i just looked it up. what boost is he running? hes got a t04 turbo which means he obviously out boosted the stock one or blew it up. no real ecu from what you have wrote down. most of the stuff listed there are asthestics, things for looks not performance. what are you really looking to buy a car that looks nice and gets attention or one thats quick?

what ever you do get it checked out by a performance mechanic that works on these cars all the time. they will tell you if its any good or not. theres alot of skylines that are done up cheaply. bleed valve boost controllers with no intercoolers will get you more power but for how long? i researched on here for a month about bits and pieces before i bought my car (which is why im telling you this, because ive been in your shoes) but hey im no expert on these cars some people might disagree with what im telling you. but hey this is what my mechanic tells me.

oh and with a budget of $30k you could get something nicer than a 33. or buy this car and if its f**ked you can always get it rebuilt with that kind of doe and make it off its head!

just my two cents.

yea i was ganna buy a cheap 1 and do it up, but its hard when u dont know anything about cars like my self thats y i am trying to find 1 that is already done up, and mainly for looks. But my parents want me to get more of a practical and comfortable car to drive like a Holden SS or something like that. Cuz i am kind a tall guy (6.4ft)

Edited by Rhino362

I'd say get something closer to the stock side of things. I bought my R33 with body kit, stereo and mags only. Nothing else was done. When an engine has been worked, you have no idea what the owner has done to it. In my opinion, a car is more likely to be thrashed if its been modded. Have fun with your car. Do it up yourself and learn as you go. Before you do anything, do some research :wave:

Yeah dude, 30k these days is going to buy a substantial import. It's a matter of what you expect and need from the car. Daily driver? Kids? Track? 2door, 4door? Take everyting into account before making your decision.

But hey, the one you have pictured is a sweet ride and wickedly price! :D

Have you considered a stagea? :no: Half joking - they're not exactly great on performance (i own one) unless you spend the $$. But if performance is your thing, then spend the same $$ on a skyline and it will go a lot better and will handle better too.

If you're thinking of taking passengers (ie. more than 1) on a regular basis then you may want to consider the very limited back seat room in most nissan import coupes. Your better options for this are a 4door skyline or a stagea.

If this doesn't bother you then my opinion is to go for an R34 GT-T. IMO they look better than 32's/33's. You can pick up a nice one for low $20k's these days if you go through an importer. Anything auction grade 4 or higher should be ok and always check the auction papers for (hopefully) genuine km's as many are "wound back" before they get here.