SAU Community

Auto Lock Doors

Felix_au

Hi All,

After being assulted on Sunday night after someone ripped open my GTR's door in a service station, I am looking for a sensor I can install so the doors automactically lock.

My previous R33 GTS's doors automactically locked 30 seconds after the ignition was started but this is something the car came with from Japan. Can I get something like this for my R33 GTR v-spec? How would it work with the turbo timer?

Thanks a lot

Angela

Edited by Felix_au

I was hoping to have it lock automatically, so I didn't have to make a conscious decision to lock the doors.

Also, if I manually lock the doors, in the case of an accident the doors would still be locked because they aren't tied to the ignition system and computer. I would also have to manually unlock the doors whenever I parked the car, instead of them unlocking when the key is removed from the ignition. Both things, my previous Skyline had.

does it lock the passenger door now once start driving? if that is the case then get an actuator added to the drivers door and tie it to the other one. now if you want it to lock with the start of the car then do teh above and trip the lock switch with a relay it will lock on startup. you then manually unlock it (or with the switch.) when you need to open it.

can be done by anyone with a bit of knowledge on the car.

what car btw S1 or S2?

i had an alarm with auto locking, was ok, i found it annoying though because i had more people getting in the car than driving through dodgey areas where i locked the doors anyways, kinda was annoying because a short time after the ignition was turned on they would lock, managed to lock keys in car a few times, once at a servo....

if your in an acco im sure they would just smash the window to get you out... im pretty sure my current alarm will do it but ive disabled it.. too annoying..

get a gf that locks the doors when your driving, problem solved!

Thanks for your replys.

No, it doesn't lock the passenger door at the moment. It doesn't lock anything automactically, though I do have a button that locks the passenger door manually. Maybe I could use this in the setup? My old skyline auto locked the all doors after ignition, auto un-locked them all once the ignition was cut, including accident, stall etc but I had a button, where my current one is, that unlocked the passenger door (for dropping people off etc)

And BTW Mr Ed32 - I'm a woman :D - I'm not likely to '.. get a gf that locks the doors when your driving ..'

Edited by Felix_au

Thanks a lot

Angela

Who didn't pick up on that? :D

Any way of you finding out what kind of alarm you had previously? Sounds like you were more than happy with your old setup.

I have an AutoWatch system...

http://www.autowatch.com.au/product.asp

Lock On Ignition X X X X X

Unlock On Ignition X X X X X

Dunno if this is door lock? Mine's not set up to do it. What kind of alarm do you currently have? I suspect with mine it's a matter of having the option turned on.

I have an AutoWatch system...

http://www.autowatch.com.au/product.asp

Lock On Ignition X X X X X

Unlock On Ignition X X X X X

Dunno if this is door lock? Mine's not set up to do it. What kind of alarm do you currently have? I suspect with mine it's a matter of having the option turned on.

good point. I didn't think there was on on the car. if that is the case though and you do have a lock button then get an actuator added to the drivers door and have it tied to the other door wiring so when you hit the button on hte door they both lock.

and I did note the original poster was female.

Hmm nice topic … well I think its all to do with the alarm that you got. May be its better if you ask someone who know about installing them. When you get it fixed plz let me know.. I would like to get it done for my R33 as well. Check out the links below that guys seams good. May be give him a call. He got some good feedback.

Link 1

Link 2

take care and hope this will help

Gihan :D

Who didn't pick up on that? ;)

Any way of you finding out what kind of alarm you had previously? Sounds like you were more than happy with your old setup.

whoops sorry angela, i had downed quiet a few beers last night and decided to go skyline forum whoring.. my posts took a while to type correctly and i prob wasnt reading the threads properly... :)

My mistake! Hope no offence taken!

Yes, I always thought it was a standard feature, that's why I've always been suprised that my 33 GTR doesn't have it while my 33 GTS did. Perhaps the pervious owner had some sensor removed since I got my GTS as soon as it arrived in Oz while my GTR ran around Sydney for about a year before I bought it. I was assuming it was a sensor or something simalar, rather than part of the alarm system I was running.

Not sure what alarm I've got, will have to check when I get home, The previous syste, was Brant but this got replaced after an incompetant electrician blew all my wiring! I know I can press the button on the remote after ignition and it will lock both doors, but once the ignition is killed the doors are still locked and I have to press the button again to get them open.

Edited by Felix_au

Yes, I always thought it was a standard feature, that's why I've always been suprised that my 33 GTR doesn't have it while my 33 GTS did. Perhaps the pervious owner had some sensor removed since I got my GTS as soon as it arrived in Oz while my GTR ran around Sydney for about a year before I bought it. I was assuming it was a sensor or something simalar, rather than part of the alarm system I was running.

Not sure what alarm I've got, will have to check when I get home, The previous syste, was Brant but this got replaced after an incompetant electrician blew all my wiring! I know I can press the button on the remote after ignition and it will lock both doors, but once the ignition is killed the doors are still locked and I have to press the button again to get them open.

angela,

show me a pic of the remote that should be enough info for me. IF I'm familar with it I'll tell you how to turn on the IGN door lock feature.