SAU Community

Factory Boost Gauge On R34 Working Intermittantly

Howie

Hi guys,

Once in a while the factory boost gauge will cut out on the R34.

boostgauge.jpg

Has anyone seen this before and know what could be causing just that particular gauge to not work? It comes on again after a while though.

Cheers

Howie

Holy Shit man!!! :dry:

Your oil temp is so high! Mine never goes above the next line after 70... mine is always around 90 degrees (1/4 line), where yours is at like 115 degrees or so? Is that normal, or where you just flogging the shit out of it?

LOL... you're seeing things... stay off the crack man :D haha

^^have a look again buddy its below 90 degrees.

never had that happen to me, check all your wires and plugs

Okay so it's probably not a common problem, i think i've got a grounding issue somewhere. Guess i'll just have to sit down for a day and trace it down.

well this might be a bit off topic, but with the voltage guage there, is it normal for it to flivk up and down as the indicators flash. when i saw it it seemed pretty normal to me, but then i was told that it shouldnt do that. what do u guys find happens? is it steady or moving with every flash of the indicators etc?

It shouldn't do that.

Also re boost gauge, check the sender unit which is mounted up high on the firewall in the middle near the brake lines on a bracket. Sometimes the connector that the hose goes to snaps. Also trace back along this hose. There is a one way valve whose connector also breaks quite often.

If these connectors are snapped but still holding on they might show boost sometimes but not others.

But.. although they are well worth checking I suspect your problem is electrical but most likely based around the sender unit.

post-7957-1155253432.jpg

• 1 year later...

sorry abo bob but the sender you've posted is the boost sender for the ecu, the boost sender for the in cabin gauge is seperate and is located inbetween the guard and the brake master cylinder, its a larger oval shaped unit, pretty hard to miss if you look where i said

one of my mates has the same problem as well, but havnt had enough time to have a good look at it, we gunna try swapping the sender units over and see if that stops it, if not then yeh it'd be a wiring problem.

Edited by s13_Skyline_inside

sorry abo bob but the sender you've posted is the boost sender for the ecu, the boost sender for the in cabin gauge is seperate and is located inbetween the guard and the brake master cylinder, its a larger oval shaped unit, pretty hard to miss if you look where i said

one of my mates has the same problem as well, but havnt had enough time to have a good look at it, we gunna try swapping the sender units over and see if that stops it, if not then yeh it'd be a wiring problem.

i got this problem also, its fine now after i change the boost sensor.boostsensor.JPG

Edited by reno chin GTT

well this might be a bit off topic, but with the voltage guage there, is it normal for it to flivk up and down as the indicators flash. when i saw it it seemed pretty normal to me, but then i was told that it shouldnt do that. what do u guys find happens? is it steady or moving with every flash of the indicators etc?

the only reason my volt gauge goes down is when the sub is pumping... not for little things like indicators...