SAU Community

R33 Rack Ends

Just checking if anyone knows if the steering rack ends in the R33 are the same as anything else, or if not, where can I get them from? (and what kind of money do they cost?) Mine are getting sloppy and I need both sides so if anyone can give any advice it would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well it's getting there. I just got 2 in from Nissan. They are both the same (left and right). The part number is 48521-15U26 "Socket Kit-Rod". They cost about $75 each inc, which wasn't too bad I thought. Also was delivered in 24 hours.

One thing to note was when I was enquiring with Nissan they wanted the original Jananesse Chassis #, not the Australian Plate number (or Aus type). They don't trust the model given to them when imported so go from the original. They can reference all of this at their end so it makes sure you get the right parts.

They seem easy enough to change, but if you have problems let me know. I might even do a HOW-TO guide if I get really bored, but don't count on it.

Cheers

D

Yup, just confirming the above is the right part numbers. They fit and are so much tighter than the sloppy ones I had before that corners will be heaps better. I can certainly recommend spending the few hours it will take you, and the $150, to do this if you have movement in your rack ends.