SAU Community

Gt4 Tskuba(spelling) Times

Butler

last night i did a 52.754.

couldn't be bothered doing it anymore..... until someone goes faster. now i'm going to see what the fastest lap i can do is. my current best in the skyline is a 47 second lap. that was the second lap i did on qualifying slicks. only did 2 laps to get that, and it was with all the settings i used on the sports tyres.

then i cracked out the polyphony and did a 44 second lap. then had a look at the records and my best is a low 42. going to try to get into the 41's... then the 40's, then the 39's.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that last corner is a killer when you're on a good lap - ahead of the ghost car and only 1 coner to go... My normal mistake when trying too hard is to leave the braking slightly too late and just run off the outside of the turn...

last night i did a 52.754.

couldn't be bothered doing it anymore..... until someone goes faster

umm, I've done a 52.693 :rolleyes:

Edited by hrd-hr30

well i see your 52.693 and raise you with a 52.529. then i use my special ability and get a 52.174. i'm on fire tonight. the 52.174 seem like a slow lap cause i wasn't all over the place. did finish it on the grass though. got on the gas a bit early out of the last corner.

don't think i'll be able to get any better than that, but going to try!!

and i did beat it!!! a 52.033, followed up straight away by a 51.474.

in a r34 gtr (its bayside blue, maybe if it was red i could go faster) on soft street tyres, no nos, but with a wing.

turns out i had been hitting the limiter in 6th down the back straight. i had been too busy looking for the braking marker that i hadn't noticed.

i have just been on fire all night. i had done heaps of 52.8 and 52.9's. over the past few days i have probably done over 300 laps. tonight alone i have done at least 80 laps. i think that is all i can do. i really don't tink i can go any faster on street tyres with that car.

Edited by mad082

also in turn 3, brake earlier so you accelerate through the corner rather than out of it. you should come out of it in the middle of the road, not out on the ripple strip. this gives you a better run into turn 4 and you don't slide so much. i use the fast in, fast out technique for cornering. i don't take nice even bends. i turn them into double apex turns. you end up with higher tops speeds at the end of the straights.

also if i don't get a good run out of the last corner, i don't bother trying for the next lap. i'll putt around and focus on getting the best run out of the last corner so that i cross the start line as fast as posible.

and i did beat it!!! a 52.033, followed up straight away by a 51.474.

in a r34 gtr (its bayside blue, maybe if it was red i could go faster) on soft street tyres, no nos, but with a wing.

turns out i had been hitting the limiter in 6th down the back straight. i had been too busy looking for the braking marker that i hadn't noticed.

i have just been on fire all night. i had done heaps of 52.8 and 52.9's. over the past few days i have probably done over 300 laps. tonight alone i have done at least 80 laps. i think that is all i can do. i really don't tink i can go any faster on street tyres with that car.

;) that's too good for me! I can't see me going much faster. I did a 52.625 last night before going out, and run pretty consistently in the high 52s now unless I have an off, but I can't see myself getting anywhere near those times. then again, most laps I ever do before I've had enough is around 10-15. I don't have your powers of concentration - or patience?

mind posting your suspension, gearing and LSD settings? I wouldn't mind having a run with your setup to see if I can go faster.

Edited by hrd-hr30

will do tonight.

i know a few off the top of my head. the lsd is stock, downforce is set to max, gear ratios are stock, but the one that shortens or lengthens them is set to about 9, suspension is the stock racing suspension setup, no brake controller, traction contol set to 1, understeer set to 7, oversteer set to 3. this makes you go into the corner sideways, then you just gently get on the gas and drive out of the corner well.

also think about how your line out of that corner affects the next corner. this is only really important for corners 2-3 and 3-4.

that 51 second lap was a freak lap. i don't think i could do it again. i could do the low 52's again, but not the 51.

i also found switching off the ghost helps a little, simply for the fact that if you get a slightly worse run out of one corner it blocks your vision of the braking spots.

will do tonight.

i know a few off the top of my head. the lsd is stock, downforce is set to max, gear ratios are stock, but the one that shortens or lengthens them is set to about 9, suspension is the stock racing suspension setup, no brake controller, traction contol set to 1, understeer set to 7, oversteer set to 3. this makes you go into the corner sideways, then you just gently get on the gas and drive out of the corner well.

I tried that last night - I was way slower than my setup with diffs and suspension tuned/setup for the car. The traction control (or one of them) interferes too much with getting power down and it can't match my 52.625 ghost car out of corners no matter what I try. It doesn't seem to brake as well either - seems like the understeer control interferes with braking as you turn into a corner, which is a real problem for the final RH sweeper. I have to brake a fair bit earlier than my other setup just to stay on the road there. That 51.474 (and even the 52.0 and 52.1) times you set are very impresssive. do you do any online racing with one of the granturismo boards? I used to race online with granturismobynumbers - won a few too.

do you do any online racing with one of the granturismo boards? I used to race online with granturismobynumbers - won a few too.

no. maybe i should.

as for the traction control, i found that with it off i was getting too much sideways sliding accelerating out of corners. will have another go without it tonight if the missus doesn't get up me.

Gave the game another crack tonight after a long absence -

Went from:

- to 52.242

- to 52.097

- then 51.889

On street tyres (no driving aids except traction control set to 2) & Wing.

Consistantly doing low 52's - hopefully i can break that record of yours soon, mad082 :w00t:

Steve.

also the other regulation is that it must be a road car, not race car. and it must be japanese.

No probs (my 45.999 was done with the r34 road car: R34 M-Spec Nur '02, but with racing soft tyres)....gave it another crack last night with the same car, just street soft tyres, wing, no NOS and some traciton control aid -

Best result: 51.468 :(

Should be able to squeeze a bit more off that tonight :(

Cheers,

Steve.

you will have to post up you suspension settings, and other mods.

OK, no problems - These are my only modifications to the road car (R34 GT-R M-spec Nur '02):

-Power: 874kw

-Tyre Type: Sports

F: sports/soft

R: sports/soft

-Turbine Kit: Original

-Brakes: Racing Brakes

-Racing Large Intercooler

-Driving Aids: TCS Controller = 2, the rest are 0

-Full cust. gearbox: auto settings set to 9. No other ratio changes

-SUSPENSION SETTINGS: Original Suspension

spring rate: F 11.0 R 13.0

ride height: F 72 R 72

damper: F 7 R 8

damper B: F - R -

damper R: F - R -

camber angle: F 5.0 R 3.0

toe: F 0 R 0

stabiliser: F 4 R 4

-WING:

downforce: F 30 R 28

These settings work well with my driving style - See how it goes for you.