SAU Community

Rb25 Gearbox Into R32

lwboosted

hey i hav now sort of finished putting a 33 box in my 32 the only problem i have is with the speedo... i got the nissan navara one with the part number off these forums.. but the speedo is reading higher by about 20kms at 100kms. so when i am doing 100kms. the speedo is roughly saying 120kms.. am i suposed to pull the cog off the r33 speedo drive and put it on the navara one? i dont think its right as the r33 cog is a fair bit larger than the one on the navara.. and if i were to put this cog on it would read even higher... i may be wrong tho... any help would b good...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the only problem is that i think i am going to have to superglue it on or something.. the r33 one has a c clip holding it on and the navara one is either glued or pressed.. i am about do do it now. i will take pics n get back 2 u's...

ok i still havnt changed them yet but i have a new problem... i cant get my reverse lights to work!!!! i have tried changing plugs, everything!!! they either stay on for every gear or are not on at all!!! can some1 please help? what are the 2 sensors that come out of the box for? 1 is obviously for reverse but whats the other??

Edited by lwboosted

Could be similar to mine was, so it's 'reverse' in every gear except reverse itself.. Was yours an auto to begin with by any chance? I had to rig up a negative trigger relay to get mine all working ok, so it reversed the signal.

Out of the box - one is neutral sensor, the other is the reverse.

nah it has always been manual.. just changing to aa 25 box, 1 way i hook it up the light is on in every gear including reverse, but not in neutral, the other way it does not come on at all.... why does it need a neutral switch???

I'm thinking your reverse light might be similar to my boot light. Bear with me here. :O

I wanted a second light in my boot so I slipped a wire onto the positive terminal and the second I just earthed. The light worked. What I didn't realise is that it didn't turn off when I shut the boot.

I don't know what the concept is called but it's something like 'negative switched'. Basically if you use a normal earth the circuit will be complete but the switch is on the negative side of the thing you are powering up rather than the positive which is what I was expecting.

So (here comes the relevance) if you are earthing your reverse switch the wrong way the lights will always be on and if you think the wires are just back to front they will always be off. You need to find the right earth for that switch.

Now I wouldn't have a clue about reverse switches but your story just rang bells for me and my dilemma with my boot light.

ok i will give that a go with the reverse light....

now i have just been spending the last couple of hours changing the cogs on the speedo drive.. and here is what i am up to...

post-24129-1159412332.jpg

this pick shows the two speedo drives together... the r33 and the nissan navara one.. as you can see the r33 cog is considerably larger than the one on the navara...

post-24129-1159412347.jpg

in this pick i have got both the cogs off, the r33 one comes off easilly as it is held on by a c clip, the navara one is very difficult, as you can tell and i just hacked the stupid thing off!! but as you can see it is pressed/moulded on, so u have to cut it off...

post-24129-1159412371.jpg post-24129-1159412388.jpg

here you can see the two shafts together so u can see the difference.. you have to drill out the r33 cog a bit to get it to fit on.. i used a 9.5mm drill bit and it was a bit too small, and i cracked the cog!!!!, so i am now waiting for the superclue to dry and i will drill it out with a 10mm bit. hopefully it wont b too loose. but i will glue it on to be safe.. i will get back to yous when done...

the speedo was accurate when i finished and put it back in and everything.. but just then the speedo stopped working so i think the cog has fallen off in the gearbox... and i dont think i will be able to get it out without pulling it apart... so i was wondering if you guys would know if it is dangerous leaving it in there? will i do damage to the box? it is only plastic so would it just grind up? then i will change the oil in a month or so and it will come out when its a bit smaller?? lol wishful thinking...

the speedo was accurate when i finished and put it back in and everything.. but just then the speedo stopped working so i think the cog has fallen off in the gearbox... and i dont think i will be able to get it out without pulling it apart... so i was wondering if you guys would know if it is dangerous leaving it in there? will i do damage to the box? it is only plastic so would it just grind up? then i will change the oil in a month or so and it will come out when its a bit smaller?? lol wishful thinking...

mines done the same (crappy glue). last time i pulled it out it was still on the end...