Rb25 Gearbox Into R32

lwboosted

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Classic length on a skyline regardless of 4dr or 2dr is the same and i think the cefiros and laurels are quite similar also so thats positive.

Ive got both a skyline and cefiro driveshaft downstairs so will compare them and post up for everyones reference.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

25 box going in soon and am trying to get my head around this whole speedo drive deal..

Question I have is: what final drive ratios does the Navara 17T gear suit?

Question 2: anyone know how many teeth are on the worm drive in the gearbox?

Apparently. My mates auto-eleccy said bring it down and he'll fix it up for me. Now that I need to throw a 25 box in (current box has started making some not-very-nice input shaft bearing noises after boxing day burnouts) I figure I'll either try to solve it with a correct toothed speedo cog, or just do what everyone else has done and get the auto-eleccy to fix it.

Cya in an hour or two avrahan :rolleyes:

Cheers, read that earlier in between work stuff but must have missed the bit at the top.. so 4.3 is 21T, 4.1 is 20T and 3.5 is 17T. Logic dictates that I would need 19T for 3.9s.. anyone know if a 19T cog is available?

Spoke to the parts guy at my local Nissan when I picked up my waterpump on the weekend.

Apparently you used to be able to get a whole Navara sender with a 19T cog, can no longer get the whole assembly though so he's ordered me a Navara housing and a separate 19T cog, will find out next week if the cog is the right length and cut the right way. Fingers crossed :D

What crown wheel should I run for the new rb30det?

Anyone know how much there worth?

Are you asking what diff ratio to run?

I run 3.9s and really like them, acceleration isn't as brutal as the 4.3s but it's much more usable and all round a lot nicer to drive.

If you change crown wheels, you need to change the pinion gear aswell, best way I found to do this is get an S13 diff with good pinion bearings and swap that into your 32 (only thing we kept was the 32 backing plate).