SAU Community

Window Tinting

Hey Guys/Girls :O

New Skyline owner here, just got an r33 GTS-T S1, and the tint that came with the car has bubbles and crap in it :(

I've removed the old tint, and now I need to find out where to get the best tint job done ^_^.

So, where is the best place to get window tinting done in Canberra?

Thanks in advance! :ermm:

Just had mine done at Instant tint yesterday.

I had tint on there - whilst good application - dickson didn't like it, only 16% light passthrough.

I had the old stuff removed and new stuff (35%) put on for $420.

Also - tell them NOT to put a sticker on your car... ffs.

I own a Turbo-Charged, Japanese Imported Vehicle with a 3 inch exhaust, Mag wheels and tail-lights that are almost instantly recognisable from a very long way away.

Why the f**k do i need any more help in getting "random" police license inspections?

Just had mine done at Instant tint yesterday.

I had tint on there - whilst good application - dickson didn't like it, only 16% light passthrough.

I had the old stuff removed and new stuff (35%) put on for $420.

Wholy shit!!! $420? mine only cost me $220 for 25% and 35% was only $180 or $200.

Wholy shit!!! $420? mine only cost me $220 for 25% and 35% was only $180 or $200.

I had the tint removed as well at the same time.

Apparently it was "premium 35% tint" so says the invoice here anyway - it was a good job, just slightly expensive - but time was of the essence (most places had a 3 or 4 week waiting period).

Edited by nsanity

I had the tint removed as well at the same time.

Apparently it was "premium 35% tint" so says the invoice here anyway - it was a good job, just slightly expensive - but time was of the essence (most places had a 3 or 4 week waiting period).

I agree 420 sounds a little high, i also need to get windows tinted but i thought id be no more then 250 - am I right or wrong, how much is it for decent tine, how much did you pay?

I agree 420 sounds a little high, i also need to get windows tinted but i thought id be no more then 250 - am I right or wrong, how much is it for decent tine, how much did you pay?

Just putting tint on was $275.

Like i said - i had tint removed at the same time - properly (all the glue etc came off), to remove the existing tint was $145.

my R33 cost me $220 to get tinted, i pulled the tint off myelf beforehand. i got it done at solartint in belco.

i've also had my stagea done there, which was about $180, but i only got the front 2 windows and the rear hatch done.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to revive old thread.

but im in the same boat...my r33 seems to have factory tint (very light) and i want to remove it and re-tint darker at some stage.

Is it worth removing the tint myself?? (just a bit worried about the rear window and the therm lines).

I got quoted $120 xtra for removing tint.

• 1 year later...

just to input my 2c ..

went to autoTint in Fyshwick today, and they refused to do my car as they do not pull tint off. They only put it on. So if your after tint to be removed as well as put on, dont go to them.

Edited by JD-33

I looked around at tints and 250 was a common price for the standard grey/black tint.

I was interested in the pure black onex type tint at solartint in Fyshwick. Most professional places do a good job but there's so many different tints I found it very difficult in choosing.

PS I’m getting tinting (legal) done soon. Any suggestions on type and why it’s better than others would be appreciated.

PS I’m getting tinting (legal) done soon. Any suggestions on type and why it’s better than others would be appreciated.

I think blonde streaks would be nice... go with those clothes you wore to Summernats :P

oops... did I say that out loud?