Welcome to SAU Community
Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
- See fewer ads!
2 posts in this topic
Car Misfiring after a big rainfall.
So being having alot of rain lately but last night was a big heavy one, got in the car this and headed to work a few blocks away the car started misfiring and stuttering. wouldnt rev higher then a couple thousand. it is the second time this has happened after a large amount of rainfall. any ideas on what it could be ?? no check engine light comes on either.
34R, -9s, e85, haltech etc etc. Approx 350rwkw at 24 or so psi.
Have recently fixed 2 boost leaks (front turbo to TT pipe and IAT sensor on back of plazmaman cooler) but am finding that even after this the "punch" is intermittent, sometimes it's there/good, sometimes it's lacking that extra kick at WOT.
Using onboard haltech map sensor so it stops telling me anything useful after 21psi. No faults being thrown, car has wideband and oil pressure kit also.
I thought it might be intake air temps (pods with an enclosure), as it's been warmer here, but I've had the car feel great and not so great on 27 deg intake temps in the same driving session.
Car is going in soon for cams and valve springs, but if there's anything else I can check, I'm all ears. I've boost leak tested the entire intake tract up to 40psi using a leak down tester.
The difference feels like when I went from airbox and 21psi to pods, better cooler, and 24psi, which was about a 20kw/100Nm gain.
What power are stock GTR bov's good for? Any point in me disconnecting the Mac solenoid for a test?
1989 Built R32 GTR
NO RUSH TO AT ALL TO SELL.
Add is https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbourne-cbd/cars-vans-utes/built-nissan-1989-r32-gtr/1142463664
Expression of Interest. Im parting ways with my R32 GTR. Will sell for the right price only. This car has had no expense spared and is the 2nd GTR ive owned. Recently completed a full comprenhensive build, including built motor, resprayed engine bay etc Below are full specs.
Car has been tuned at 353KW @ 21psi on a Run in tuneONLY! (straight e85 Fuel) Motor Built to handle 500-550KW Safely. I have all the build photos of the progress of the car if anoyone is interested.
Motor Built by Myself @ RaceEquipped
Tuned By EMS E Tuner
Mechanical, Dyno Prep, Trouble Shooting by Motorlab
I have a file with approx $12,000 Of reciepts and more unaccounted for or invoices i lost!
Close to $15,000 -$16,000 Spent in total.
NO TEST PILOTS
BODY : 62xxxKM have JOC papers & Original Cluster. Body sprayed a few year ago by previous owner, paint is 99% immaculate. Freshly Sprayed Bay during the build also.
Very few if any scratches. Factory bonnet and panels. Sills have the standard jackstand dints. I am yet to see a GTR or any Nissan from that era that doesnt have this issue.
- Very clean, no rips or tears in the seats or doortrims
- No dash Bubble
- E boost 2 Controller
- Oil Pressure Gauge
- Double Din Headunit with Aftermarket Speakers (unsure never checked)
BLOCK (less then 1000kms)
- Ross Forged 86.5MM Pistons & H Beam Rods (HPC coated piston skirts)
- Grub Screwed Crank and full balanced rotating assembly
- ACL Race bearings
- All Machining ($3900 worth of Machining, Cleaning etc for Block and Head)
- Reimax Billet oil pump Gear
- Tomei Sump baffle & drilled returns
- New water Pump
- New Timing Belt Kit
- Extended Sump
- ARP 2000 Headstuds
- Tomei Block Head Restrictor
- Tomei Headgasket
- New NPC Ceramic Button Clutch (Rated to 450KW, will hold more)
HEAD (R34 Head) (Less then 1000kms)
- Hks 272 Step 2 10.8mm lift Cam Shafts (head machined to suit higher lift)
- Tomei Buckets
- Tomei Valve Springs
- Tomei Retainers
- Tomei Metal Intake Gaskets
- Head Drain
- Supertech Intake Valves
- New Valve guides
- Adjustable Cam gears
- 3 Angle valve job
- Reshimmed Head
EXHAUST & COOLING
- Top Mount Steam pipe TOG manifold (lifetime warranty)
- 45 MM Turbosmart Hypergate
- Custom Garrett GT35 (66MM billet compreesor wheel, .50 front, 1.06 rear housing)
- Full 3.5" downpipe
- RacePace 3.5' cat back
- RacePace Aluminium Radiator
- 100MM intercooler
- Full custom stainless steel intercooler piping kit
- 3" Turbo Intake
FUEL & ECU
- 044 Intank
- 2Lt Surge tank with twin 044 external Pumps + Inline Filters
- 1400CC Delphi Injectors (1650CC at max duty cycle)
- Tomei Fuel reg + Gauge
- Power FC + Hand Controller (D Jetro MAFLESS Tune)
SUSPENSION, WHEELS & BRAKES
- HKS Coilovers
- BMC Stopper
- 17 x 9 P1 Buddy CLubs
- Federal RS-RR Semi Slicks (less then 1000KM old)
- All HEL Braided lines
- EBC Red stuff
- Slotted Discs
r34 GT to GTT conversion
looking at putting a factory auto rb25det neo into my auto r34 gt, then new engine is out of a gtt, can anyone give me advise on what problems i'm likely to run into?
i have read that there's an issue with the auto trans and possibly with traction control is anyone able to confirm this please?