SAU Community

R34 GTT Window Rubber/Seal/Moulding/Glazing Replacement?

R34 GTT Window Rubber/Seal/Moulding/Glazing Replacement?

Hi guys :11_blush:

I'm busy trying to restore my R34 GTT to immaculate condition. I want to replace the rubber seal that goes on the windscreen at the bottom. I looks dried up from the sun and caused it to warp and break. I've attached photos. I would like to know where I can get my hands on something like this as I would like to replace it.

Also, on the driver and passenger window upper seals, there seems to be a line of glue that was left behind from previous owners putting wind deflector/visor guards on it. How would I get this off the rubber? Also, there seems to be a huge gap between the rubber and the frame. Is that normal on R34s? Could I just replace it? And how would you restore all the rubber seals so it looks brand new? 

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Following.
I need to find somewhere that does the lower windscreen rubber as well.

As for the giant gap, my old gtt had it and my GTR has it (only slightly) now. Some 34's don't have it at all, it's an age thing.
I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I managed to source a windscreen seal for my r33 from clark rubber. Only cost me around $20. They have quite a big range there so just take in an offcut of your existing rubber seal [emoji5]

• 2 years later...
On 06/03/2017 at 1:39 PM, StaceyR34GTT said:

I'm busy trying to restore my R34 GTT to immaculate condition. I want to replace the rubber seal that goes on the windscreen at the bottom.

Hi guys,

I managed this problem on my r33 as follow:

Just got seal from local rubber shop, cut it to necessary length and shape. Glue the rubber on cowl panel (plastic cower). Looks preaty nice.

100.png.e30a7c9b626b9996fcc33e2704709535.png300.png.a3b640cff6f698326566b2bf4b2b7a42.png

At the moment I want to replace the rubber seals on front and rear windshields, there are 3 parts: molding, fastener and dam rubber.
I am not sure if I need to replays all of them? Will it be enough to replays only outer molding (rubber) or do I need also fastener too? Any experience?

Thanks   

• 10 months later...
On 21/11/2019 at 12:28 AM, Aleksej. said:

Hi guys,

I managed this problem on my r33 as follow:

Just got seal from local rubber shop, cut it to necessary length and shape. Glue the rubber on cowl panel (plastic cower). Looks preaty nice.

100.png.e30a7c9b626b9996fcc33e2704709535.png300.png.a3b640cff6f698326566b2bf4b2b7a42.png

At the moment I want to replace the rubber seals on front and rear windshields, there are 3 parts: molding, fastener and dam rubber.
I am not sure if I need to replays all of them? Will it be enough to replays only outer molding (rubber) or do I need also fastener too? Any experience?

Thanks   

Old thread revival but my windshield rubber is cactus also, where did you buy that rubber? I emailed and called Clark Rubber and they weren't overly helpful, plus can't go into any store to look for myself with stage 4.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but i also need the R34 windscreen rubber. Was anyone able to locate this? or have any idea on the size from Clarke rubber to make the modification? any help is appreciated. Mine is broken  but unfortunately my nearest store is over 2 hours away and don't want to waste my time.

• 2 months later...
On 7/5/2022 at 3:02 PM, Cryptek said:

Sorry to revive an old thread but i also need the R34 windscreen rubber. Was anyone able to locate this? or have any idea on the size from Clarke rubber to make the modification? any help is appreciated. Mine is broken  but unfortunately my nearest store is over 2 hours away and don't want to waste my time.

You can likely just buy a generic once from Amazon - that's what I did, although originally for a different prupose.

I also now have the door-surround trim coming away 5-10mm from the body. Initially I panicked thinking somone had tried to break in, but the other side is the same and there are no pry marks. Strangely, I hadn't noticed this before and I'm pretty meticulous when it comes to the car. There has been some intense weather recently and I'm starting to suspect this gave it the final release it needed to pull away.

Does anyone know how these fix to the body? I tried to push my weight on it but it doesn't move at all. I have bigger car problems at the moment - as is usual - but will attack it before year end.