SAU Community

Rb20 Don't Feel Right With New Boost Controller?

rory_kieran

Hi All, I recently upgraded my RB20 with coil packs, fuel pump, full exhaust system and then just put on a AVC-R boost controller. I sent the duty at 30% as my friend did to his subaru and it runs at like 16 pound on the stock turbo? I think this is too much am I right? Sometimes the car feels fine but then other times like it is a little sick and all elements are not running in correspondance? Any suggestions on this at all or thoughts?

yeh, its about 2-4 psi too high, the sluggishness will be because its running mroe boost than it can do efficiently. Won't last long either, 12 psi is about max you should pump through these

ive been told 14 is safe.

how much boost hasnt really got anything to with it. i've fried turbos on standard boost. but as a general rule/experience under 12-14psi is ok for a while. its not like you run 14 and its sweet then 15 and it carks it.

there is no point running more than this anyway with a standard turbo and especially with no fmic. anymore than 1bar is really out of the stock turbo efficiency range and yer as stated, just pushes hot air with not much gain.

problem shouldn't be the ebc. so wind back the boost and/or strap on a rb25 turbo and get a front mount!

and yer, cant beat a bleed valve for simplicity and value! most fun you'll have with the lads in your new beast at night on a quiet road...