SAU Community

Power Window Problem

Hey!

:( Err, problem after problem getting anoying anyways if anyone can help me it'd be great!

The drivers side window has been playing up for a couple of weeks now, have to push/pull the button for the window to go up and down a couple of times before it will actually do it, now the window won't move at all I think it is the motor for the electric windows but I'm not too sure would I be right, or could it be something else?

I know the fuse is fine, I've checked that and the passanger side window works anyway and there is only one fuse for both the windows.

Also, what model skylines will have the same electric window motor?

If anyone has any for sale, please do let me know. Car is a 1993 GTS-T 2 Door Coupe

Thank you very much!

Take the switch out, pull it apart, and clean the contacts.

You think this could be the problem? Thanks for the reply - I'll give it a go tomorrow morning hope it works! :(

No guarantees, but I had a similar problem when I first got my car, cleaned the contacts, and it's been trouble free for the past 2 years.

You might as well try it first, before you spend $$ on something that you may not need.

Thats true, thanks for that!

i've got the same problem, in the meantime if it gets stuck down (mine randomly moved before i disconnected it) if you bash the motor with a wrench while someone lifts the window it'll go up.

lol - fair enough I had to disconected the motor so I could get my window up then placed a couple of metal rods in there so the window can't be pulled down, I tell ya' its impossible which is good.

Hopefully its just the contacts like Grant said be fixed tomorrow whatever the problem may be I hope.

lol - fair enough I had to disconected the motor so I could get my window up then placed a couple of metal rods in there so the window can't be pulled down, I tell ya' its impossible which is good.

Hopefully its just the contacts like Grant said be fixed tomorrow whatever the problem may be I hope.

OK I have the same problem as my window was stuck up. I by-passed the master window switch to see if the window motor was shot. Sure enough I used a battery from another car and by-passed it and the window worked leaving evidence my window motor worked. 2nd I checked the fuse and it was good. The only other thing it could be was the master window switch. I tryed one from a 300zx and it didn't work, so my next shot is the 240sx too see if that works. What a bloody annoying f****g window problem.

Edited by Gt25 NYC

OK I have the same problem as my window was stuck up. I by-passed the master window switch to see if the window motor was shot. Sure enough I used a battery from another car and by-passed it and the window worked leaving evidence my window motor worked. 2nd I checked the fuse and it was good. The only other thing it could be was the master window switch. I tryed one from a 300zx and it didn't work, so my next shot is the 240sx too see if that works. What a bloody annoying f****g window problem.

That post confused me, but if you haven't already done so, pull the switch apart, and clean/sand the metal contacts on it.

I had a similar issue but my problem was even worse.

Not only was the switch unit faulty, it was faulty such that the switch was always stuck on the "wind down" mode - this in turn kept on feeding electric current to the motor thereby burning out the motor.

I had to get a new motor AND switch unit which cost me nearly $400.

Good luck~!

My g/f's 32 has the exact same problem.

The passenger side window was stuck down. I put 12V across the motor and the window shot up straight away.

Anyway, I too have already cleaned the contacts on the switch, and pulled out the "power window amp" little black box under the drivers door trim, ripped that apart and resoldered all the joints with no joy.

Window is now stuck up. Drivers side meanwhile works fine.

Kinda stuck on how to fix this thing now. Replace the amp? I dunno.

I'm trying to fix the problem at the moment, you know the black 12V amp thats inside the drivers door, when I go to put the window up or down it makes a click sound, does this mean its fine or faulty?

I think so too, because there isnt a 12V one on the other door panel, although when I put down the other window there is no click.

I think the power window motor has seazed.

Tried using the motor from the other side? Obviously don't install the thing - just plug it in (if the plus are the same) and see if its not anything in the wiring/switch etc.

Just a thought.

Well, after plugging at it all day, I've now found the problem I think.

One brush on the motor fell off, a part about 1-2mm stopped the whole window from working :D Now, I just have to find a Auto-Eleci to fix the problem for me.

Thanks for everyones help btw!