SAU Community

Craziest Flutter Noise

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no performance gain from leaving the bov off your car.

When you remove the bov the boosted air that would normally be discharged through the bov when the throttle body is shut, now has nowhere to go, so it bounces backwards and forwards between the throttle body and the turbo wheel, which we know as "flutter". This is the same as turning your kitchen tap on full then quickly turning it off, you get reverberation in the pipes.

In low pressure situations this "flutter" can slow down the turbo wheel, in extreme situations it can stop the wheel from spinning and even undo the exhaust wheel nut.

Jason.

Edited by GTR_VSpecII

There is no performance gain from leaving the bov off your car.

When you remove the bov the boosted air that would normally be discharged through the bov when the throttle body is shut, now has nowhere to go, so it bounces backwards and forwards between the throttle body and the turbo wheel, which we know as "flutter". This is the same as turning your kitchen tap on full then quickly turning it off, you get reverberation in the pipes.

In low pressure situations this "flutter" can slow down the turbo wheel, in extreme situations it can stop the wheel from spinning and even undo the exhaust wheel nut.

Jason.

Exhaust wheels (Turbine wheels) do not have nuts.

They are fused to the shaft, And the compressor wheel is reverse thread.

Its more likely to sheer the shaft and snap it in half which i have seen ;)

butt it sounds soooo kooooooooool

**waites patiently for anti-ricers**

lol

A Mate did that on his r34 gt-t and 30min later a friendly police man was popping the bonnet thinking he had a aftermarket BOV.

A Mate did that on his r34 gt-t and 30min later a friendly police man was popping the bonnet thinking he had a aftermarket BOV.

did it sound anything like the hks one?

lol...

maybe if you get an RB26, the same exhaust, the same turbo, the same everything...

as far as the actual flutter goes, it sounds the same as most fluttering....the rest of the noise is where its at....want that? get an R34 GTR and start spending

Ive taken off my bov once before to see what the fuss was all about. I did make my car sound like that only when the turbo chokes itself on 17 pounds of boost. The noise hurts because you can feel it eating your turbo lol. It does sound like shit on the stock turbo at stock boost.

most flutters i hear pitch up....that hks one pitches down......i think it sounds mad.

but yeh.....if i ever get a 34 gtr(and i will!!!!!! some day)...ill give it a Go lol....

Does anyone have the BOV cd? Or a cd with BOV sounds?

I don't even get a pssch, let alone flutter.

Consider yourselves lucky. I have once had a girl ask me where the "little pssch" sound was.

Consider yourselves lucky. I have once had a girl ask me where the "little pssch" sound was.

that woulda hurt ;):O

most flutters i hear pitch up....that hks one pitches down......i think it sounds mad.

but yeh.....if i ever get a 34 gtr(and i will!!!!!! some day)...ill give it a Go lol....

I hope to god you never own an R34 GTR.

LOL.....damn man.......tough luck

I hope to god you never own an R34 GTR.

it seems like fewer and fewer ppl among these forums know less and less about sarcasm and jokes.......

now that i think about it i may not get a r34 gtr......dats if theres something else ill fancy in the furture.....other then taht the logical step up from a 34 gtt is the gtr :D

nehoo hey Blitz how long ago did u inspect the HKS r34 in japan?

Edited by anDru