SAU Community

Test 'n Tune Tonight 4/10/06

Mr-Toy33

damn i am keen but i have already made plans is there one on next week?

would be good to get it organised and have a few more lines up there together.

I would really like to have a few runs before i do my cam gears and clutch

Test 'N Tune is on tonight.. I'm headin out for the first time.

No reason stopping me tonight. Wheather so far is holding up.

so we can expect you to update you sig from "Willowbank Quarter Mile: Yet to be done."

to "Willowbank Quarter Mile: 9 secs" tomorrow hey :P

Edited by ZENNON

I would really like to have a few runs before i do my cam gears and clutch

I suggest you do your clutch before you go, just ask Col-GTSX how badly it sucks.

I suggest you do your clutch before you go, just ask Col-GTSX how badly it sucks.

Standard Clutch and 200rwkw = Fryed clutch and a 24 second pass at 50mph... :laugh:

Exedy Custom and 240rwkw = 12.4@111mph (street tyres)

Yeah i actually burnt my clutch during the burnout (2nd gear burnout). When i left the line the car went no where and the revs went through the roof. I ended up droping it into 2nd and crawling away and i go up to about 80kph i think as my top speed on that run... ;)

Good stuff Johno, its not as easy as you think eh? I'd say it was your suspension holding you back, How was the 60' times? Dammit show us the slips!!

My traction and suspension was absolutely shit.

was getting rear end bumping on take off, to i ended up takin off a bit slow till i hit 5,000rpm and then hit 2nd gear and just took off.

1st one i didnt do my gear changes all to well

2nd one i did them alot better.

low mph were cause of bad traction (shit tyres & shit stock suspension).

BZZZT Wrong. With your setup you should have a great big whack of top end regardless of wheelspin off the line.

With a 2.6 60' my old 180 would still pull 111mph and smash into the 12's.

Stock suspension is doing you a favour over drift-spec coilovers so you can't blame that either.

I'd be looking at how you launch and when you change gear. Either that or you don't have the power you should - which is what your MPH tells us.

was it fairly busy? would of hoped to get more than 2 runs

hmmm i have taken on board everyones views on the clutch thing

Im surprised about your time as your car seemed fairly quick the other night

ohh well good work trying and not just being a talker!

and remember you can always improve!

The tyres are shit. I'm actually due for new ones. Plus the tyres on the rear are absolutely shit anyway, shouldnt even be using them on the quarter mile or qld raceway.

With the suspension. If i allow wheel spin, the rear end is just jumpin up and down non-stop till i take my foot off the accelorator and then re-gain traction and then take off a bit smoother.

After talkin to dan. Pineapple bushes will help this but there could be other factors involved causing the rear end to jump up and down such as the diff or suspension.

The plan right now is - replace suspension with ISC coilovers (they are new on the market and little has been said, so i'd be happy to give these guys a go and see what happens).

Next, after that is a new turbo with external wastegate and high mount manifold.

With the mods i've done already, the car should be putting out around 250kws. I'm only getting 215kw's and when on the dyno, something is restricting us back which we dont know.

Last tune, we started off and got 296hp and after several times of playing around with the mapping on the powerfc, we kept loosing 1 or 2 hp even though we Matt Spry was properly tunning it giving it more in some areas of the injector maping, etc.

Guess one thing I should be finding out is if there is any leaks anywhere and start doing some testing on the engine (compression, etc). Alot I think needs to be done before I look at the turbo upgrade though.

So your saying that you had axel tramp? Its a bitch aint it? getting off the mark was my hardest part as the other cars were flogging me there even though I gained on them up the strip, I put it down to practice and setup and working out the right tecnique. 13.7 btw 3 times.