SAU Community

How Loud!

Zdenko

the exhaust size comment is not my oppinion as i have no knowledge of that kind of stuff. i trust the oppinion of what he said and maybe i heard him wrong or misunderstood. but there is some logic somewhere in there... maybe

i think the point he was tyring to make is that for engines to have the best breathability (if that is a word) is to have a larger exhaust than what is expected. this is coming from a final year mechanical engineer who has actual built a rocket engine so he must know something.

aybee, didn't mean to jump down your throat, but i think this guy is a little confused. I know inasnt is an engineer, and i'm a qualified mechanical engineer, but i don't think many cars would benefit greatly from the increased flow to 5"

i think that he might have been talking about the cat and how restrictive they are because he just had one put in. anyway v8 supercars run straight through exhausts so theyre not restrictive.

ill withdraw my silly comment till i work out what the hell he was talking about.

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by Ronin 09

aybee, didn't mean to jump down your throat, but i think this guy is a little confused. I know inasnt is an engineer, and i'm a qualified mechanical engineer, but i don't think many cars would benefit greatly from the increased flow to 5"

yes i am qualified!

Besides a 5inch exhaust would rub the ground on a skyline. If u want no restriction then just run off the dump pipe.

And in reality uni students dont know nuttin much, its all theory at uni, nuttin practical!

I learned more in 6 months of work than i did in 5 years of uni.

:)

hey relax inasnt, didn't mean you weren't qualified :)

i think you should set up a side pipe, just behind the passenger door. I'm pretty sure it is legal, as long as it exits behind the rear most doors. Thus, you can scare pedestrians with sound and flames. Just cut a hole in the side skirt - CSV had their version of the monaro with side pipes.