SAU Community

Insurance - I Think Im Dead :)

TrentGTR

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man all i can say is im 19 turning 20 and i had a huge hassle trying to get insurance on my gtst! i insured it for a shitty 13k and it cost me 1800 a year through just car. no one else would look at me. if you get it it will cost something ridiculous hey. all i can suggest is get it in ya parents name and you as a secondary driver...

good luck!

no one would allow me to have my car in my parents name, and me as a driver (not that i wanted that, was just interested in looking at the price)

i think its due too all the mods. :P

Go Easy on him.

I tip my hat to anyone saving $15k and a 17yr old at that. Well Done! You must have a good head on your shoulders.

At 17 I didn't even have my licence let alone a car lol

And I'm with gazza, Stagea insured for agree'd value under 1k a year with an excess of $200 :D... there are advantages to aging :)

Legit is the way to go. Cause insurance companies are bitches. If they can find a reason to not pay out. They will. So do all everything legit, so at least at the end of the day, if by any stroke of bad luck, ur car was rammed by someone or you crash, they still will pay.

Mitchy, what's wrong with the sparco rims ?

Legit is the way to go. Cause insurance companies are bitches. If they can find a reason to not pay out. They will. So do all everything legit, so at least at the end of the day, if by any stroke of bad luck, ur car was rammed by someone or you crash, they still will pay.

Mitchy, what's wrong with the sparco rims ?

limited edition + expensive. :)

Go Easy on him.

I tip my hat to anyone saving $15k and a 17yr old at that. Well Done! You must have a good head on your shoulders.

At 17 I didn't even have my licence let alone a car lol

And I'm with gazza, Stagea insured for agree'd value under 1k a year with an excess of $200 :O... there are advantages to aging :)

It's gotta be easy saving 15k though with cashed up parents... bets on he'd be on a fair amount of pocket money! :(

JJ...but seriously a GTR is a lot of car for most people, I am glad I kept under 2litres until now (27y/o), I would probably have met my angel wings early had I owned one 4-5 years ago... go the Swift GTI & the ledgendary Suzuki Mightyboy!!!!

Heres a free tip though... I was put onto a insurace company that I am now going to use for my 32GTR...

TORQUE Insurance is through a financial company called LUMLEY... ph (08) 9220 8212

The guy I was dealing with was easy to talk to and it was much cheaper than Just Car. His name is Steve Walter, but he is sunning it on the sunshine coast atm, so you can ring and ask to speak to Loraine. BE BRUTALLY HONEST... it is the only way to do insurance. You pay all this $$$ for peace of mind each year and if you have left something out and you try to make a claim...you can wind up with nufin but the lies you spun when you made your application... not worth it mate, do it right or dont do it at all.

In the end no matter what any of us think/say you are gunna do what you want so if you get it, keep it on the road (in the right direction) and through a wave if you pass any peps on here! :D

It's gotta be easy saving 15k though with cashed up parents... bets on he'd be on a fair amount of pocket money! :D

JJ...but seriously a GTR is a lot of car for most people, I am glad I kept under 2litres until now (27y/o), I would probably have met my angel wings early had I owned one 4-5 years ago... go the Swift GTI & the ledgendary Suzuki Mightyboy!!!!

Heres a free tip though... I was put onto a insurace company that I am now going to use for my 32GTR...

TORQUE Insurance is through a financial company called LUMLEY... ph (08) 9220 8212

The guy I was dealing with was easy to talk to and it was much cheaper than Just Car. His name is Steve Walter, but he is sunning it on the sunshine coast atm, so you can ring and ask to speak to Loraine. BE BRUTALLY HONEST... it is the only way to do insurance. You pay all this $$$ for peace of mind each year and if you have left something out and you try to make a claim...you can wind up with nufin but the lies you spun when you made your application... not worth it mate, do it right or dont do it at all.

In the end no matter what any of us think/say you are gunna do what you want so if you get it, keep it on the road (in the right direction) and through a wave if you pass any peps on here! :)

i agree..

when i insured my car, i gave them the list of *all* my mods..

that way i know everything is covered, and they cant knock back a claim based on things not mentioned.

and with all my mods, it comes to $2600 a year now. id rather pay that than the tens of thousands the car + mods is worth.

in my opinion, i wouldnt buy a gtr in the first place, especially if i'm 17 turning 18

talk about jumping up the food chain...

and also, if you've got a $30k GTR what's a few more grand gonna hurt for u?

if i had 30k sacrifice myself several g for insurance, leeway, mods, service etc...

good luck with it anyway...