SAU Community

Mackay, Qld, Australia

The Mafia

well its the first one that has broken, but its done a few years for hard driving and about 30 meets with micky et slick between here in mackay and willow bank so cant complain really. it was just a laugh as i had my brother in law racing it that night and only his second run and bang :) what timing. but i think it was cause he tryed to do a better burn out after the water with slick and i think it did not really enjoy it. but these thing happen. but as for launching its between 5k and 6.5k with a slight slip of clutch as apposed to dump and hope for best as some people do? but i understand beny brothers choice for thar r32 huge power and full on clutch redline and dump is what makes it fun to watch, i wanted to ask if it hurt when he ripped a hole in his pants with his ass hole grabbing the seat on the 10.3 run with wild wheel spin!

Well, I wouldn't take any of my gear anywhere other than Curtin engine reconditioning. They acid dipped, decked and honed my block for about $300

They also cold dipped, welded vct, surfaced, re cut valve seats, replaced valve stem seals, inspected, etc for a good price.

All work was excellent, and no waiting or getting f**ked around. They are one of the most professional workshops in Mackay. Very Friendly people too.

For the alternator, don't waste your time. I looked into this, and parts alone were going to be $200+. I bought a brand new 85 amp bosche that was a direct bolt on, with plug adapter and warranty for $300.

Power steering pump - if you're desperate I gave mine to my mate and he now has his spare. He might sell it off for $50 or something. I can ask if you like.

I have a PS pump for an R33 sitting at home Rob. Not sure of condition but can probably pull it apart, check it out and re-seal it if you want. May have an alternator as well but dont remember

MCS did an absolute crap job on my original RB25\30. It lasted a whole 800 kms before it was deemed unusable. It was rev limited to 4,000rpm and 8 psi of boost.

- Front main seal was pinched and rolled over. Lucky we removed the balancer to install the water pump and saw this.

- lifters we left full of metal, 6 didn't bleed so I pulled and dissasembled. Got a fright at what I saw. MCS told me they were tested and fine.

- Cams were scored and I was told they were ok, every other shop said they should never have been used

- Cam tunnels were "touched up" with wet and dry sand paper

- Inlet cam tunnel was making a horrible grinding noise

- Relocated timing cam belt tensioner stud thread was "oiled" and then screwed in. No bluemax, nothing. It goes into a water galley.

- Head deck was not surfaced properly. Was too rough for a metal gasket. there was visible blow out.

- Piston to bore clearance was measured at around 10 thou. Should have been 1.5 thou.

- Cam Cap bolts were over tightened, 4 were stretched and rooted. Lucky I removed and checked when relocating the gold baffles\covers.

- Hone job seemed to be poor - as stated from the ACL ring guy.

- Valve guides on exhaust were ground right back instead of being replaced. Was told it is ok to do. (Later told by numerous places that it was a very bad idea)

- Had a fight about putting oil restrictors in, was told it was a bad idea and to keep the standards in. Catch can full of oil after 800 kms.

We removed the head to install the restrictors, and the bores were f**ked. I was told the ring gaps were not set properly, and the piston to bore clearance was wrong. I am still going through investigations before taking further action.

I called numerous times and left messages but he never got back to me, and his office admin (not his wife, the other one) was rude as every time.

When I finally got a hold of him, I kindly asked for an inspection, and a possible explaination and was told by Mario himself to "get f**ked, don't want anything to do with it, take me to court if you want any money back" and he then ranted on this well practised speech about taking him to court if I want any money back. Funny thing is I never asked him for money back straight up, and if he had of just lied to me and was nice, I would have taken it as bad luck. The fact that he was an asshole and didn't even come to look at the motor made me persue.

I also told him that my fully qualified diesel fitter friend looked at the motor and said that the bores were not in good shape and not to put the motor back together in its current condition, he responded with "Diesel fitters wouldn't know shit about engines etc"

He said that I had run massive amounts of boost for the engine to be like that. Funny though, it never made it past 8psi at 4,000rpm.

I've since had various parties look at the motor and I've been told that its a mess, and not professional.

The other thing - He charged me a MASSIVE amount. $6100. This was with new cast pistons worth $350, and standard rods. This figure was double what he verbally told me. His excuse was that I kept calling and asking for extra work to be done. The only extra work I asked for was 1 hour of porting on the exhaust side. 1 hour = $110. He also never balanced the engine. Said inline 6's didn't need to be balanced.

He charged me $2100 for "Assembly and to perform all necessary checks". You can't tell me it takes 20 hours to assemble an engine and check it. The front main seal was installed completely wrong etc Pretty simple check if you ask me. Seems to me no checks were done.

At least 6 people I know of have had similar experiences.

I would NEVER EVER take another thing there, even if he did it for free. He is arrogant, rude, charges stupid amounts, and the work I experienced was definitely not professional.

It also took him 3 months to do all of this.

I'm also sure if he's ever mentioned it to someone that he's telling a different story. But, the pictures, and the engine itself is enough truth. So are the reports from inspections.

Curtins service was 1000 times better. I woudln't go anywhere else.

Edited by The Mafia

well stuff i have had done at mcs have been excelent, not costly at all and done fairly quickly... as i said everyone has different pref/experience.

chris is right but.... get dan to build then roll it down the road to EFI ;)

Yep, I am seriously tossing up as to send the entire motor to Dan for the treatment.

IF I can find the extra coin, I'll get the head touched up a bit to bring on the rs' a bit sooner (anything can be sooner than they are atm).

Not a worry, Even look at PM'ing him on here, Rob.

Just remember,

Is Dan, Is Good.

PS - You bitches should vote and share ;)

http://www.facebook.com/justcar?sk=app_233013726736756&app_data=326

Edited by Force Fed

Finally got some pics uploaded of my visit of the Nuerburgring. I'll be back there. If I decide to take a particular contract and work over there, I will definitely be taking the car with me. $2500 to ship it to the Northern part of Deutschland. Not bad I think.

Here is a castle we saw on the way:

0.JPG

1.JPG

And here it is.. The world Famous Nuerburgring.

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

This GTR was racing later on in the day. Wasn't going to crazy fast though, especially after it rained.

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

Haven't seen one of these for a long time.

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

Here the GTR is lining up to have a race.

16.JPG

Note this beautiful Porche gutted and fitted with a full racing compliment.

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

BMW has a large building here.

21.JPG

Some chick that destroyed the side of her BMW coming into this corner a little too quick after it rained.

22.JPG

Here are the videos I posted earlier too, if anyone missed them.

supra on a tow truck: http://www.users.on.net/vids/supra.wmv

mad audi: http://www.users.on.net/vids/audi.wmv

pair of porches: http://www.users.on.net/vids/2porches.wmv

r35gtr going steady because of the rain: http://www.users.on.net/vids/r35gtr.wmv

Mark at Godzilla Motorsport got them for us but they are really expensive, $1000 just for the shafts you have to use your own CV Joints, if i was you i would buy Standard GTR ones and then look at the suspension set-up as standard ones should be able to handle that easily. Plus the shafts don't last forever maybe it was it time?