SAU Community

The Aristo Is Mine

about 4 months ago i decided to sell my 200rwkw r32 gts-t for something a little different.

decided to import an aristo cos they are very cool and very unique.

got the car last tuesday and it got registered this morning.

pics here

http://members.optusnet.com.au/linxus40/aristo/

warning: they are not 56k friendly.

after a few days of driving it all i can say is that it truly kicks ass, if your in the se suburbs of Melbourne you might see me cruising about. go the 2JZ!!!

Edited by linxus40

about 4 months ago i decided to sell my 200rwkw r32 gts-t for something a little different.

decided to import an aristo cos they are very cool and very unique.

got the car last tuesday and it got registered this morning.

pics here

http://members.optusnet.com.au/linxus40/aristo/

warning: they are not 56k friendly.

after a few days of driving it all i can say is that it truly kicks ass, if your in the se suburbs of Melbourne you might see me cruising about. go the 2JZ!!!

Hey Jason! Good to see your beast on the road.

LOL might have to convince Craig to come by in his Aristo to take a pic next to yours. He loves teh Aristo's (as do most of the boys at J-Spec). The VIPBOY Aristoid is identical to yours except I think you've got factory cupholders and a sunroof.

That's nice and clean - I was going to get one of these, but decided on the Cosmo instead.

So tell us - how does it go ?? Give us the low down and review !

Looking forward to hearing about it.

Are you going to mod it ??

Cheers,

^^^^^^ yes basically the aristo is the 2JZGTE a twin turbo 3.0litre.

the chaser depending on age is a 2.5litre twin turbo(older models) or the VVTi single turbo (95 onwards i think). very nice cars. excellently set up for drift as standard.

excellently set up for drift as standard.

Bollocks. Chasers are just run of the mill family sedans. They'll drift with some suspension work.

Chasers got a 1JZ from memory, wheras Aristo's got the 2JZ (incidentally Aristo's came with the 2JZ BEFORE the supra's :)... so in fact the Supra is a 2 door coupe with an Aristo engine if you wanna get picky).

Bollocks. Chasers are just run of the mill family sedans. They'll drift with some suspension work.

Chasers got a 1JZ from memory, wheras Aristo's got the 2JZ (incidentally Aristo's came with the 2JZ BEFORE the supra's :)... so in fact the Supra is a 2 door coupe with an Aristo engine if you wanna get picky).

i was just saying what i've read and heard. tehy are popular with younger guys and gals in japan who are getting into drifting. cause they have the balls to get sideways and stay out there. tricked up suspension helps even more.

theres actually a variety of chaser like cars made by toyota. the Mark II, the chaser, the tourver V and the Grande. the grande came with N/A 2 JZ the other came with 1JZ twinturbo or single turbo.

Chaser's come in manual whereas Aristo's don't, and I think Chaser's weigh a good couple of hundred kg less than the Aristo (but don't quote me) I also think you can get an AWD Aristo.. very rare and mighty heavy at something in the region of 1900kg o_0

I cant wait to see a few of these on the roads.

I really wanted one 6 months ago and almost imported one. very cool cars. I would be really keen to go for a ride in one and see how they go.

That aristo wouldnt happen to be the one running on the dyno at my bro's shop last saturday was it?

nah hasnt been dynoed yet.

all up cost about 17K and thats for a 95 model that is very clean with a true 77K kms, sunroof, factory cruise controll and 12 stacker cd player.

just did about 200k's in it today and i must say it has some balls in stock form. with an exhaust and some more boost this thing is going to tear it up hardcore

Edited by linxus40