SAU Community

Miss Fire Bad!

steveyea

hi guys. just need some advice.. R33 GTS-T.. started to idle bad. up, down, up, down and black smoke coming from the exhaust. i was told most likely coils are on there last legs. sometimes car ok to run but then all of a sudden no power at all hit the peddle and just misfires bad. very jerky.....

replace coils???

steve

Does it do it more when the car is warm? under load? If so it probably is an ignition problem.

Check your plugs and gaps first mate, throw in some new ones gapped to 0.7 to see if it improves. Im having the same problem at the moment the new plugs have improved the car but its still missing at times so I just ordered a set of splitfire coils from nengun like 5 minuets ago.

Does it do it more when the car is warm? under load? If so it probably is an ignition problem.

Check your plugs and gaps first mate, throw in some new ones gapped to 0.7 to see if it improves. Im having the same problem at the moment the new plugs have improved the car but its still missing at times so I just ordered a set of splitfire coils from nengun like 5 minuets ago.

Whilst you are re-gapping your spark plugs, check the coil packs for cracks and scortch marks!!!!

Could be the airflow metre as well I think? Sounds reminiscent of my AFM problems from my R32. Can you check the error codes on an R33?

With my r32 you would just be driving along and all of a sudden it'd cough and splutter and lose all power for about 10seconds, then she'd continue on like nothing happened. Whacked another afm in and it was fixed.

agree afm prob....

the black smoke n bad idle usually caused by afm ....

go to any of ur mates that have a late model r32 or a r33 swap it wif deres to see if dats da prob if not replace sparks with even .8 gapped running onli stock 7 psi n see if dats ok n then work your way up with coils... the more u move away from stock the more hassles u get if sumthings wrong

good to take everything back to standard to find the prob :)

hope it helpz

Edited by Zas)-(