SAU Community

Your Car

NismoAlan

Yeah I must say I got my car through a dealer in Buranda. I was not impressed by customer service or after sales service. Would not recomend them to anyone.

However I did manage to get a pretty cheap car (for a dealer), so I guess them's the breaks.

Next time I know I will be definitely going for private buy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There must be one somewhere for the rego to have gone through but we never got a copy.

Maybe its soo dodgy they dont give it out.

Our rego took 1 month to go through when they are allowed a maximum of 14 days to transfer it over.. stuffed me around a bit because I was waiting to change the number plates over and I couldn't do it until they changed the rego over.

Through personal experenice - Westpoint Nissan Indooroopilly have no idea what they are talking about most of the time -

Please tell me more about what happened as I work for them as the IT Support Tech and can try and find out what the hell happened and get something done for you. PM me if you prefer and i will see what i can do.

Originally posted by 46n2

Can anyone recommend an insurer? - I'm with Suncorp-Metway and they stuff me around quite a bit:(

What kind of stuffing about did they give you? I just insured with them for the R33.

As for me, i got mine from japan, through Prestige Motorsport. It's finally in the country, off to the compliancers tomorrow. 2 weeks or so, and I'll be down to Bris to pick it up. :burnout:

Originally posted by Sciby

What kind of stuffing about did they give you? I just insured with them for the R33.

I phoned them up for a quote after I'd found the 32 I wanted, and the price beat all of the other insurers...So based on that I went and signed the papers to purchase the car.

A couple of days before I was to pick up the car, I phoned up to get my policy 'activated'(for lack of a better word). Apparently with my age, and the no. of mods to the 'vehicle' I was too much of a risk to be insured.:lol: :burnout:

Kicking & screaming, I spent 3-4 days on the phone with the loverrrly people on the phone pleading/demanding (take you pick) that 'this was what I was quoted, this is the quote number, you WILL insure me'.

I think I ended up speaking to a supervisor and 'winning' my small battle. :D

They're still the cheapest quote I'd received and that's the only reason I'm still with them...

GOZ46n2

Originally posted by hitnrun

"AON Risk Insurance" in Caloundra

Figured I'd give 'em a shot but they quoted me $2700ish which is still a lot more than I'm paying w/- Suncorp

46n2

Tres bizarre. I'm 27 with a rating 3. That may make some difference. *shrugs*

When I went through my mods, I was asked what would actually enhance the performance of the car, in regards to power and capacity. None of them did, of course, and the exhaust and mags were only "10 points" on some scale, and therefore, not really counted. I dunno. When I get the r33 registered, I have to ring them back anyway, so I'll ask again.

Over 25 makes a HUGE difference to insurance - especially on Turbos.

I'm 20 with a rating 2 (very near to one) and that doesn't seem to help me at all...:D

While we're on Suncorp-Metway....

This is a rough paraphrasing of the conversation I had with them. Driving history, age, rating and mods carry points. Based on your age and rating you are given a certain amount of points. A bad driving history, speeding fines, accidents and the like consume some of your points. Different mods have different point values. Once your total points exceeds their predefined limit for your situation you are an unacceptable risk. Wheels and bodykits are included as mods. I couldn't even have mags on the car and not have them insured. Likewise with a stereo.

Based on my history, even though I am 25 and a rating 1, I am allowed 2 mods. Each mod adds to the excess, the first mod adds $600, the second takes it up to $800. However, the premium was relatively cheap at $1400 (on an R33). From memory, I had a quote from Just Car Insurance quite a few months ago at $1700.

I have a theory (cue x-files music) that others may be able to confirm or disprove. If you ring an insurance place with a car that is already modded rather than insuring a car and then modding it, you have more chance of getting insurance. It seems they are more than willing to get you through the door but once you are in, the door is locked. I could be wrong but that's how it seems to me.

How the hell did I get a rating 2 already???:D

I think that it happened when I insured my EL Falcon with RACQ :zap: (sorry...I shouldn't have mentioned that):confused:

When I transfered my insurance to SCorp my rating had only just clicked over to a 2 (or it was going to at next renewal) and RACQ sent me a confirmation of rating notice with a big fat 2 on it :D

So SCorp insured me at a rating 2 (another thing I had to argue for):cool:

Bought my car from Sports Car World

There gone bust now so I can crap on em all I like

[*]they didnt tranfer the car into my name

[*]they didnt insure the car as they were supost to with suncorp

[*]they didnt pay the warranty people (and I bought the better warranty)

[*]I paid for a mod that I didnt get

[*]they didnt pay the stamp duty on the car when I did.

[/list=1]

Not realizing any of this until after they busted.

I had to sign stat dec to prove the car was mine and show all my paper work on the car, to transfer the rego I had to pay just over $800 stamp duty If I ever see the mother again Ill beat him to a bloody pulp, :cool:

The stress he caused my wife and I is unforgiveable

we were cutting it close (money) to buy the car anyway

beat that story if you can.

Guest DrLiner

My father bought the extra warranty for his 300zx when he got it (from the same place as nismogirl) and when the radiator failed and dropped all its coolant and therefor made the head over heat. But they said that the motor wasn't covered for cooking a head even though it was the radiators failure that caused it... moral of the story: the extra warranty is for sweet f*** all and you're better of saving that money for potential repairs. I feel kinda bad for him cause my 33 hasn't missed a beat, touch wood...

• 4 weeks later...

Bought my car from a dealer...no way in hell was my car complied properly, or road worthy.

Too dark tint, External wastegate vent to atmosphere, no child restraints, no dimmer switch.

But....most of these things are very cool...but i don't know how they did it. Got road worthy cert too (if real).